Lane Kiffin

The article linked below got me thinking about Lane Kiffin at Tennessee:

He came from the raiders after things didn't work out so well there

He has a pro mindset

He recruits well

He is quoted in this article for talking about how he will give players a professional experience in College.

He is arrogant and already is stepping on toes in his conference

He replaced a coach that had been around for a long time who had had competitive teams very recently.

He has no ties to Tennessee and is unfamiliar with their traditions.

I have a pretty good idea about how this is going to work out on Tennessee since I think we saw the exact same thing here at Nebraska and at Notre Dame.

Why would Tennessee try that route again?

I think Lane is fine and they always have alot of crap when it comes to the SEC!! See Spurrier, Saban, and Urban being cheap!! I think that Lane will have them at the top and Monte will show Nicholas Saban what real D is!! Urban is alittle worried and should be, if OU wasn't so arrogant, they would have kept running the ball and took the points and won the game!

:clap

(It's funny because we're not involved.)

Kiffin accuses Meyer of cheating

Story Highlights

- Lane Kiffin has accused Urban Meyer of violating recruiting rules

- The accusation surrounds receiving prospect Nu'Keese Richardson

- Florida AD Foley says school has confirmed with SEC no violation occurred

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin accused Florida coach Urban Meyer of violating recruiting rules in pursuing wide receiver prospect Nu'Keese Richardson.

WVLT-TV reported that Kiffin told a group of fans at a signing day breakfast celebration Thursday morning that Meyer phoned Richardson while the recruit was making his official visit to Tennessee recently.

Richardson, a Pahokee, Fla, native, signed with the Volunteers on Tuesday, despite having indicated he would sign with the Gators.

Kiffin told the crowd, "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."

Tennessee spokeswoman Tiffany Carpenter told The Associated Press the school would not file an official complaint to the NCAA.

In response to the allegations, Florida AD Jeremy Foley said:

"There was no rule violation and we have confirmed this with Southeastern Conference. It is obvious that Coach Kiffin doesn't know that there is not a rule precluding phone contact with a prospect during an official visit on another campus during a contact period. His allegations are inappropriate, out of line and, most importantly, totally false. It is completely unfair to Urban Meyer, our coaching staff, our football program and our institution. The appropriate action at this time in my opinion is for Coach Kiffin to make a public apology.

"His comments not only slandered our coach, but he violated SEC rules by publicly criticizing another coach and institution."

Doubtful.

Kiffin has the best assistants money can buy. OTOH, we were nowhere in the same universe to assembling the same team of assistants that Tennessee has. Monte Kiffin, Lance Thompson, Ed Orgeron, Jim Chaney, etc., is a fantastic staff of coaches and recruiters.

It really reminds me of the old Oklahoma staff Bob Stoops had when Mark Mangino, Mike Stoops, Chuck Long and those guys were apart of his staff.

Doubtful.

Kiffin has the best assistants money can buy. OTOH, we were nowhere in the same universe to assembling the same team of assistants that Tennessee has. Monte Kiffin, Lance Thompson, Ed Orgeron, Jim Chaney, etc., is a fantastic staff of coaches and recruiters.

It really reminds me of the old Oklahoma staff Bob Stoops had when Mark Mangino, Mike Stoops, Chuck Long and those guys were apart of his staff.

I agree, I can't see how they won't be at least mildly successful if not competitive for the SEC title very soon. That staff is STACKED.

Doubtful.

What about the Snyder staff with Bob Stoops, Mike Stoops, Mark Mangino, Brent Venebles, Jim Leavitt, Brett Bielima, Dana Dimel and Greg Petersen from the early/mid 90's. That was a GREAT staff but never sniffed a national title and K-State didn't beat Nebraska. K-State didn't beat NU until 1998, and almost all of those guys were gone by then. (Pretty sure only Mangino and Venebles were still there till they joined Bob at OU the following year)

A great staff is one thing but it doesn't necessarily mean you will be a great team. I was really hoping the Meltdown in Oakland would have waited until we lost Wats, because I'd love to have him running the offense here. But Lane I think will end up much like his dad did. One of the BEST Coordinators in the game but not really head coach material.

Doubtful.

What about the Snyder staff with Bob Stoops, Mike Stoops, Mark Mangino, Brent Venebles, Jim Leavitt, Brett Bielima, Dana Dimel and Greg Petersen from the early/mid 90's. That was a GREAT staff but never sniffed a national title and K-State didn't beat Nebraska. K-State didn't beat NU until 1998, and almost all of those guys were gone by then. (Pretty sure only Mangino and Venebles were still there till they joined Bob at OU the following year)

A great staff is one thing but it doesn't necessarily mean you will be a great team. I was really hoping the Meltdown in Oakland would have waited until we lost Wats, because I'd love to have him running the offense here. But Lane I think will end up much like his dad did. One of the BEST Coordinators in the game but not really head coach material.

You gotta remember what that staff built up in Kansas.

There is a reason KSU was basically non-existent and the joke of the country. And you just gave reason to why they became a national power for almost a decade thanks to what those coaches helped establish.

Snyder coached that team for 17 seasons and won as many games in that period as the team did in the previous 53 years. He also took that team to a 44-7 record from '97-'00.

You can hate by saying that he never won a national title, but just winning in Manhattan was an accomplishment for that coaching staff. Heck, winning again down there will be an accomplishment for Snyder.

Doubtful.

You gotta remember what that staff built up in Kansas.

There is a reason KSU was basically non-existent and the joke of the country. And you just gave reason to why they became a national power for almost a decade thanks to what those coaches helped establish.

Snyder coached that team for 17 seasons and won as many games in that period as the team did in the previous 53 years. He also took that team to a 44-7 record from '97-'00.

You can hate by saying that he never won a national title, but just winning in Manhattan was an accomplishment for that coaching staff. Heck, winning again down there will be an accomplishment for Snyder.

No hate intended at all, All I'm saying is that just because on paper it's a great staff and can recruit well, doesn't mean they are going to win anything. Heck our last staff was considered by many outside the program to be one of the best staffs in the country who could recruit extremely well. How did that turn out?