Shawn Bodtmann goes public

I think it might be as it appears on the surface. We valued Eric Martin more than Shawn Bodtmann and we needed to free up a scholarship to get Martin. It sucks that the scholarship was pulled a week before signing day but, the coaches have to decide what is best for the program and in this case a little bad press was worth getting a player you liked better. There may be some validity to the phone calls and the weight loss but it really does appear that we kept him in the class as a backup plan in case we couldn't get Martin. Once we got Martin to commit we didn't need a backup plan.

This kid got a taste of big-time football reality. It is a business, and when your giving out a scholarship, someone comes along better than the first and you haven't signed them, you give it to the best player. If the roles were reversed, and this kid got an offer from someone he liked better than Nebraska, you can bet he would dump Nebraska in a Omaha minute.

It's OK. Trust in Bo and all shall be well....

Still holding a grudge?

No, never did.

no need to hold back the true feelings..

most people realize you didn't like the choice of bo and that's your opinion. everyone is entitled to their own, and unless we are experts, and even still sometimes, nobodies holds anymore warrant than anyone elses

So we have a MOD that does not like Coach BO? Or was he just not his first choice as coach? If he does not support our coach, someone please remove him from his position. :angry:

Still holding a grudge?

No, never did.

most people realize you didn't like the choice of bo and that's your opinion. everyone is entitled to their own, and unless we are experts, and even still sometimes, nobodies holds anymore warrant than anyone elses

So we have a MOD that does not like Coach BO? Or was he just not his first choice as coach? If he does not support our coach, someone please remove him from his position. :angry:

Bo wasn't my first choice either - but when he was hired, I supported him. He's the coach of the Huskers, and I want to see him have sucess for that reason.

But, to Dave's point, some people seem to believe that Bo can do no wrong - which, as Bo himself has admitted time and again - is not the case. Dave was merely using sarcasm to demonstrate poke fun at that mindset.

This Board welcomes all opinions, so long as they are appropriate expressed. The includes the Mods and Admins.

Still holding a grudge?

No, never did.

Bo wasn't my first choice either - but when he was hired, I supported him. He's the coach of the Huskers, and I want to see him have sucess for that reason.

But, to Dave's point, some people seem to believe that Bo can do no wrong - which, as Bo himself has admitted time and again - is not the case. Dave was merely using sarcasm to demonstrate poke fun at that mindset.

This Board welcomes all opinions, so long as they are appropriate expressed. The includes the Mods and Admins.

What, you don't like Coach Bo either? You are both fired, I'm taking over this place. j/k

Still holding a grudge?

No, never did.

yes, many people think he can't do anything wrong. but really, he's our coach now, gotta put our faith in his hands. Obviously some people have trouble with that after cally era. IMO most people that were/are skeptical of Bo were so because they felt it was making amends with 03. Many people thought Bo should of had the job then and didn't get it. Had Bo not even been a candidate and moved on, i think more people would have welcomed him in seeing what his body of work has been. Honestly, this year proves even more that he really did deserve the promotion from DC to HC (not 03, just saying in general) after seeing what happened to LSU's D. Yes, Bo can do wrong and obviously has before already, but i'll take his mistakes over the everything is going well in all aspects attitude of some head coaches.

Still holding a grudge?

No, never did.

What, you don't like Coach Bo either? You are both fired, I'm taking over this place. j/k

:sarcasm Promise free beer on game days and I will vote for you!!