Shawn Bodtmann goes public

Shawn Bodtmann went public on his recruiting situation.

sounds like both sides are to blame.

“I was pretty shocked,” Bodtmann said. “I thought it over that night, and I just asked him some more questions and took some time to think about it. I wanted to accept the grayshirt, and I asked him what the next step would be.

“But he indicated to me that I should look closely at other options because the opportunities at Nebraska weren’t good.”

do you think this will be used against Nebraska? they usually don't recruit in PA but i think other teams might use this against the Huskers.

http://huskersgameday.com/2009/02/06/huske...tes-for-2-6-09/

This won't hurt us. Even Pete Caroll admitted he has pulled scholarships of kids who just wouldn't be the right fit for USC. I bet both sides neglected to remain informative with each other, so it is both sides are to blame.

I look at it this way too, though. If we ended up pulling a scholarship and not pursuing him heavily, he probably wasn't somebody we absolutely needed.

Very strange story. I agree with huskertrucker, the new coaching staff doesn't seem to be the type to just lie to or avoid the phone calls of anyone...at least that's how it seems from the outside. Bo hasn't avoided any hard questions at press conferences I've heard....so who knows, and O well because results on the field will negate this one "situation".

I have to wonder if there wasn't something they saw when they met face to face that they didn't like or something. Only Bo knows for sure, but I think there must be something that he doesn't want o make public at the risk of slamming the kid personally or ruin his chances with another team. I think being quiet on the issue is just Bo being respectful of the kid...not just not having a reason.

In other words, by "losing contact" with the kid may have been the coaching staff's way of saying "Thanks, but no thanks". If this kid was a crucial piece of the puzzle you can bet they would have been calling him often.

if im not mistaking, Bo cannot say anything about him until he signs with another school.

My bet is that Bo is classy enough to know not to say anything even then. If I was a HC, I would not belittle anyone that I may have to play some day. Why give them extra incentive to beat you?

But I also think Bo is classy enough not to try and take any kids stock down, if that happens, you let them do it themselves...and if it was a personality thing or work ethic, they usually do it pretty quick for themselves.