WR Josh Harper

You know what I rather take this kid over any other Texas WR anyday because his dad is a former player and I like to see sons of former huskers play for us.

I WANT THIS KID N

So you are saying you would take this kid over Darius White, who is the #1 rated reciever in the country out of Texas, for a un-rated reciver, because his dad played for NU? I love to see us keep it in the family too, but give me a break. This kid might be good, but he is no Darius White.

You know what I rather take this kid over any other Texas WR anyday because his dad is a former player and I like to see sons of former huskers play for us.

I WANT THIS KID N

Of all the "reasons" to want a potential recruit to be N that's probably the weakest. To say you'd rather have this kid, over any from Texas, and your sole basis for this decision is because Poppa played for NU is ludicrous.

I want, and I'm quite sure Bo would concur, the best recruits available...period. If they happen to be kids of former Huskers great.

I WANT THIS KID N

So you are saying you would take this kid over Darius White, who is the #1 rated reciever in the country out of Texas, for a un-rated reciver, because his dad played for NU? I love to see us keep it in the family too, but give me a break. This kid might be good, but he is no Darius White.

I'd guess that HuskerJock is basically saying that there is something neat about generational players coming to NU and that the heart of that kid will bleed an especial shade of Red (as in Husker Red) that others might not. The point being that such history in the family tends to make for a truly motivated young man who wants to see the Huskers prosper. So... I agree with HuskerJock. Without putting words in HuskerJocks mouth, I'd guess that he (and, at the very least, I am saying) that we'd love to have this young man who is clearly an outstanding candidate maybe more so than similarly talented kids who have no Husker connection. That said, I'd probably like the #1 guy even more --- but.... these HS rankings are not accurate --- and this young man is a great looking candidate --- # 65 or whatever he is rated --- is there enough precision in these rankings to distinguish between #20 and #80? probably not. So... being in that grouping means he has great potential... and a Husker liniage makes it even more attractive.

So... Josh, if you are reading this we'd love to have another Harper at NU. Your dad was an awesome Husker and we'd love to see you make him proud by donning the Red and helping Bo and company take the Huskers back to the heights your father knows well from his days as a Husker.

Of all the "reasons" to want a potential recruit to be N that's probably the weakest. To say you'd rather have this kid, over any from Texas, and your sole basis for this decision is because Poppa played for NU is ludicrous.

I want, and I'm quite sure Bo would concur, the best recruits available...period. If they happen to be kids of former Huskers great.

You know HuskerJen I think you missed my point here and I didn't say ALL Texas players I just said Texas WR. I'd like to have some Texas players come play for us but I'd much rather have a son from a former player come play for us because he you know he'll put his heart and soul into the program like his father did when he played. Not only do sons of ex-huskers player here but brothers and cousins of former Husker players too.

Look at the Peter brothers, Wistroms, Makovickas, Steinkuhlers, The Ruuds, Pensick, as well as some other players that I appologize for missing. Cole Pensick was offered a Scholarship by Tom Osborne because not only is Cole a good player but because he's Dad played here. All of the above people that I have mentioned all had a great or excellent career. Thats what Nebraska has been missing for 4-5 seasons was that old Tradition that we had of the walk on program and sons of former players playing for us.

I'm not saying that it's bad that we recruit kids from Texas but not all of the good football players come from Texas and most of you need to recongize that. Ganz came from Illinois, Frazier from Florida, Berringer from Kansas, Swift from Minnesota, Suh from Oregon, Wistrom from Mizzo, I could go on and on and on. And I'm not saying that all sons from previous Huskers are going to come in being good but I know they'll put more heart into this program than any other player.

Is it a necessary to have players come into this program who's fathers, brothers, cousins have played her.....maybe not for some of you but in the eyes of Tom Osborne it is and thats the way it was before and we'll get back there eventually.

But as I have stated above former players whos sons have gone and played at Nebraska have had a pretty good/excellent career at Nebraska.

I'd guess that HuskerJock is basically saying that there is something neat about generational players coming to NU and that the heart of that kid will bleed an especial shade of Red (as in Husker Red) that others might not. The point being that such history in the family tends to make for a truly motivated young man who wants to see the Huskers prosper. So... I agree with HuskerJock. Without putting words in HuskerJocks mouth, I'd guess that he (and, at the very least, I am saying) that we'd love to have this young man who is clearly an outstanding candidate maybe more so than similarly talented kids who have no Husker connection. That said, I'd probably like the #1 guy even more --- but.... these HS rankings are not accurate --- and this young man is a great looking candidate --- # 65 or whatever he is rated --- is there enough precision in these rankings to distinguish between #20 and #80? probably not. So... being in that grouping means he has great potential... and a Husker liniage makes it even more attractive.

So... Josh, if you are reading this we'd love to have another Harper at NU. Your dad was an awesome Husker and we'd love to see you make him proud by donning the Red and helping Bo and company take the Huskers back to the heights your father knows well from his days as a Husker.

Thank you Robsker and that's what I was exactly trying to point out but I guess I should've been more specific :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Cal has offered. Let's be realistic: the kid will stay in the Pac-10.

per ESPN: "I'm going to the USC Rising Stars camp in a few weeks and that will be my last camp," Harper said. "Right now, my main four schools are Cal, USC, Washington and Oregon and all have offered except USC."

It sounds to me like he's waiting on a USC offer...

• 1 month later...