Reasons why Nebraska will never be back...

HSKRNOKC

According to the all knowing Ultimatedude3312 on rivals free board. This is a Mizzou fan BTW. Please keep it clean. ( Its the offseason. We need something to talk about)

Why Nebraska will never be great again.

1. Steroid ban in the NCAA. Can't build dynasties now by having 70% of your players taking steroids anymore.

2. 85 scholarship limit. Can't have more than 85 kids on scholarship at a university which creates parity.

3. The Big 12 conference. The great Nebraska teams of the 70s, 80s, and 90s and only one main competition, OU. Even then, they weren't spectacular against them till the 90s. (4-8 in the 70s and 5-5 in the 80s). Now instead of having to deal with OU, they have Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, and kU among others to deal with. Not only that but the great Nebraska has been to exactly 1, 1 Big 12 championship game. Missouri, Colorado and K-State have been to at least 2.

4. Prop 48. Got to have academic standards at Nebraska now. Can't take partial qualifiers and put together a team.

5. Nebraska itself. Has anyone been to Nebraska on this board that has no connections to Nebraska or business? Nope. Why is that? Nebraska is NOT a premier place to be. Most of the top talent in California is either staying there or going to Notre Dame. So that California pipeline is almost dried up.

6. TV. Why did people in the 40s and 50s go to these powers? Because they were always on TV. Now almost everyone can see any football game on a given saturday. So if you are a kid from Texas and you are down to Nebraska and Texas Tech and you will get the same amount of coverage at either school, which school would you choose? Probably the one closer to your home so your parents can watch you play.

Well there is my points to why Nebraska will never be great. Now watch the flame posts of the same "we have better fan support, that is why we are great" I guess after getting your ass kicked 3 out of 4 years, i guess that would be all you have for pride. Oh and the "we would of beat you in november" post.

Just watch and see MB, how delusional Husker fans are.

LINK...

Then I guess reciprocity doesn't apply to other teams then.????

1. Missouri a hot bed of art and prosperity :sarcasm

2. Kansas ditto :sarcasm

3. Colorado claim to fame green flaked granola. :sarcasm

4. Texas tornadoes and hurricanes wow :sarcasm

5. Oklahoma a sappy musical :dunno:sarcasm

6. Iowa whatevah :sarcasm

emoticons for those that can't tell the diff.

This is what happens to fans when their team gets a winning season once in a millenium....

exactly we are gunna put them back in their place and they don't like the sounds of it. and that mizzou fan is an idiot Nebraska has been to atleast 4 big XII title games and won one even!!! something fizzou can't claim.

quick fact on Mizzou the county right next to columbia has the highest number of KKK members in the entire united states. big reason why recruiting will be forever mediocre with the exception of last year over there in columbia.

***SNIP***

6. TV. Why did people in the 40s and 50s go to these powers? Because they were always on TV. Now almost everyone can see any football game on a given saturday. So if you are a kid from Texas and you are down to Nebraska and Texas Tech and you will get the same amount of coverage at either school, which school would you choose? Probably the one closer to your home so your parents can watch you play.

***SNIP***

Let me see if I've got this straight - these days "almost everyone can see any football game on a given saturday (sic)" but a recruit will choose to stay close to home so that his parents can see him play...even though "almost everyone can see any football game on a given saturday (sic)"?

I assume logic is not the poster's strong suit...

he had some good points, but not all of them were good; here is my thoughts:

1. I am not naive enough to say no one used steroids (probably the same ratio as any other team) but I doubt every other team in the nation was completely clean

2. very legit, one of a million rules I dont like about the NCAA, I understand a need of a limit but why not a little higher

3. pretty legit, but it would still be possible to dominate see USC (although big 12 is better than pac 10)

4. Nebraska is actually one of the harder schools to get into in the big 12 ( I think only behind Baylor)

5. what about texas, and why the h#ll does that matter

6. contradicts himself, the parents could see you play on TV, but the closer to home thing does matter to some recruits

with all of that said; no one will ever have a run like NU especially in the 90's, USC was close but couldnt do it.

4. Nebraska is actually one of the harder schools to get into in the big 12 ( I think only behind Baylor)

I don't know how you could consider UNL harder than UT where the requirement for instate entrance is being within the top 10% of your class; which has been a huge reason for controversy in texas for years as students in private schools whose top students go to private institutions out on the coasts leave the exceptional middle range students at private high schools to less proficient alternatives, despite being more than adequate academically to attend UT.