No love for Ganz

GI56

Not sure if everyone can read this but McShay ranked QBs in the upcoming NFL draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/ins...tory?id=3904934

It didn't really surprise me that Ganz wasn't on the list, but what stuck out was Cullen Harper at 11. No offense to Clemson fans, but from what I saw at the Gator Bowl, not only is Ganz more mobile than Harper, he also throws the ball better.

Although Harper as NFL size, I really can't think of any reason why he should be at 11 at Ganz not mentioned in the QBs not attending the combine.

I dont understand this, Ganz is a fighter a scrapper. He would take the game into his own hands at times to get the job done, not always pretty or pro like but it did the job. other than the TT ot game. I think ganz would make a heck of a backup and with his mentality and knowledge of the game and drive and passion he could be a starter? who knows what he could become.

You guys are operating under the assumption that the NFL factors hart and determination into the equation. And that could'nt be farther from the truth. If it was, Kyle Orton and Alex Smith would'nt have starting jobs, and Jeff Garcia would still be in SF instead of looking for a new job every other year. Plus the Dallas Cowboys would be playing with about half of their current roster!

Too small, maybe Canada, he is Flutie like.

I doubt he will ever see a game in the NFL. He was a true college football QB. I wish he had the opportunity ealier, that might have given him a better chance, but he does not have the tools to be a NFL qb is my guess. I would like to see him stay on as a GA, but who knows if that could happen.

I guess my point really wasn't that Ganz is NFL material, just that he is better NFL material than Harper.

Not to dig on the guy too much, I went to the Gator Bowl, and maybe he was just having a bad game, but

1. Harper is exceptionally immobile- he was very slow

2. Harper consistently missed midrange (10-15 yard)

Just having a hard time believing that if Harper is 11th on the list, then Ganz isn't anywhere to be seen.

You guys are operating under the assumption that the NFL factors hart and determination into the equation. And that could'nt be farther from the truth. If it was, Kyle Orton and Alex Smith would'nt have starting jobs, and Jeff Garcia would still be in SF instead of looking for a new job every other year. Plus the Dallas Cowboys would be playing with about half of their current roster!

Was trying to put it nicely, Ganz will not make it in the NFL. If Ganz could do it, why not Keller, or Taylor, or Crouch, or Frost, or Frazier? Why is he special???? He had a nice 1 1/2 year run and now the debate is why is the draft "experts" not putting stock in him?? <_< Like I said before don't know what his plans are but wish him luck in whatever he ventures off to.

I guess my point really wasn't that Ganz is NFL material, just that he is better NFL material than Harper.

Not to dig on the guy too much, I went to the Gator Bowl, and maybe he was just having a bad game, but

1. Harper is exceptionally immobile- he was very slow

2. Harper consistently missed midrange (10-15 yard)

Just having a hard time believing that if Harper is 11th on the list, then Ganz isn't anywhere to be seen.

There's no doubt in my mind Ganz is a better QB. And I'm also not afraid to bag on Harper because he DOES suck. It just goes to show that a couple inches or so is all it takes for the so called "experts" to keep you out of the league.

And while I'm not saying Ganz would make it in the NFL. I am saying that a lot more guys deserve a better shot than what they get. Because the only thing Harpers invite tells me is that he is 2" taller than Ganz, and for height obsessed scouts that's really all it takes.

What does saying Ganz is better then the #11 rated senior QB prove anyway? Throw in the underclassmen and #11 becomes 16-20. That doesn’t get you anything.

The fact is (as I see it) neither Ganz nor Harper will make it in the NFL. By make it I mean see action or last more then 3 years. 6 ft nothing guys with average arm strength aren’t what NFL teams are looking for. Like skersfan said Ganz was a fine College QB and at the end of the day there is nothing wrong with that.

:wub: For what it is worth Ganz is #1 in a lot of NU fans hearts. :wub:

This kind of shows what I'm saying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=160367

-140 yards rushing on the season.

Harper has 3 inches on Ganz, they are the same speed or very close and Harper has a stronger arm. NFL coaches feel they can teach the rest.

Joe will be able to play in the CFL, or hang around NFL camps. He doesn't have the arm or decision making skills to be a NFL quarterback.