ATH Detchauz Wray

Player: Detchauz Wray

Hometown: East St. Louis, IL

Position: ATH

Height: 5'11''

Weight: 162 lbs.

40 time: 4.45

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Colorado, Colorado State, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico

Favorites: Colorado State, Nebraska

COMMITTED TO NEW MEXICO

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN

Still unclear as to where they're looking to play him. Could be a deal like last class where we take a qb and an athlete that could get a shot at qb.

He says if his visit goes well at Nebraska he might just commit and not take anymore visits. He loves Coach Watson and says he is the reason why we lead right now. If he does take other visits, it will be to Arizona and Colorado.

Sounds N to me.

So if he loves Watson so much is he being recruited like Martinez, as an athlete that will start out at qb?

Maybe. He is being recruited (by us) as a ATH/QB. He talks about playing WR and DB as well as QB. I'm not 100% on him starting out at QB though. If I had to guess he will start at WR/DB and see where that goes. I only say that though b/c of our depth chart at QB.

I know a few others schools are looking at him more for QB than ATH.

Gabbert is our QB. If he comes here, he'll play another position.

Just like Cody Green was our QB? It isn't impossible that this becomes a mirror of last class.

Just like Cody Green was our QB? It isn't impossible that this becomes a mirror of last class.

Cody Green had a serious injury his senior year in high school. I hope you're not suggesting that Gabbert is going to get hurt next season?

Cody Green had a serious injury his senior year in high school. I hope you're not suggesting that Gabbert is going to get hurt next season?

No I mean that Detchauz may very well get a shot at QB just like Martinez is. Green got the same promises that Gabbert is getting.

When did Cody Green have serious injury as a senior? I thought he came in good to go but had a mild injury while lifting. Sure youre not thinking of Chris Williams?

When did Cody Green have serious injury as a senior? I thought he came in good to go but had a mild injury while lifting. Sure youre not thinking of Chris Williams?

I was thinking the same thing, pretty sure Green played his entire Sr. year. I think Green was hurt his Jr. year.

I was thinking the same thing, pretty sure Green played his entire Sr. year. I think Green was hurt his Jr. year.

was it junior year? i must have mistaken him with Wiliiams

Is it really that big of a deal to "give him a shot" at qb? a week throwing balls under the watchful eye of our staff and we will know whether or not he is going to make it at that position.

I say give him a shot at QB if he wants it, but reach an understanding that there is not promise and there is a strong likelihood that he ends up at either WR or DB. We need playmakers at those positions... As soon as recruits notice that, they will be willing to work at one of those spots.

Yeah it was his Jr. year when he had his injury

“Nebraska was my first offer and they’ve been recruiting me since the beginning,” Detchauz Wray said. “I really like the coaches there. They’re real laid-back and are all very nice and good. They know how to win. They are building Nebraska football back up. I hear from them a lot more than anyone else. They stay in contact and I get along really well with their quarterback coach...”

“Nebraska was my first offer and they’ve been recruiting me since the beginning,” Detchauz Wray said. “I really like the coaches there. They’re real laid-back and are all very nice and good. They know how to win. They are building Nebraska football back up. I hear from them a lot more than anyone else. They stay in contact and I get along really well with their quarterback coach...”

Sounds like he wil get a shot a QB to me. Either way I hope he commits

There's a headline on HI that says he is determined to stay at QB. I would assume we are not taking him at QB but he could be a Martinez type player.

oookkkayyyyyy

There's a headline on HI that says he is determined to stay at QB. I would assume we are not taking him at QB but he could be a Martinez type player.

oookkkayyyyyy

Taylor Martinez in class of 2009 was taken as safety with the assurance that he would be given a shot at QB. Wray would seem to be similar, but I think Martinez was realistic that his best chance of playing at the next level is on defense.

The headline is misleading, he wants to play qb but would play another position if-needed. I see it being a TayMart deal where he wants to at-least try qb.

The headline is misleading, he wants to play qb but would play another position if-needed. I see it being a TayMart deal where he wants to at-least try qb.

I am not sure the staff would give this as an option this year.

Detchauz Wray has scheduled his first official visit to Colorado on Oct. 3. “I like the offense they run,” Wray said. “I’m really looking forward to getting to know the coaches more. They seem really cool and it’s supposed to be a nice place.” The Buffs, along with Big 12 rival Nebraska, are recruiting Wray the hardest. “They’re both calling every week and keeping in contact the most..."

Detchauz Wray has scheduled his first official visit to Colorado on Oct. 3. “I like the offense they run,” Wray said. “I’m really looking forward to getting to know the coaches more. They seem really cool and it’s supposed to be a nice place.” The Buffs, along with Big 12 rival Nebraska, are recruiting Wray the hardest. “They’re both calling every week and keeping in contact the most..."

So I wonder if he realizes that those coaches may not be around after this season?

Detchauz Wray has scheduled his first official visit to Colorado on Oct. 3. “I like the offense they run,”

bwaahahahahahahaha ok

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 30 2009, 07:01 AM) 479187[/snapback]

Detchauz Wray has scheduled his first official visit to Colorado on Oct. 3. “I like the offense they run,”

bwaahahahahahahaha ok

Warren Moon and the Oilers ran the Run-N-Shoot, 90's Gator teams ran the Fun-N-Gun, and now the Colorado Buffaloes have unveiled the Run-N-Hide offense.

Says all his favorites are recruiting him at QB.

Oh oh, I wonder what Tyler Gabbert thinks about this? (supposedly told he was the only QB we were recruiting)

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 30 2009, 06:01 AM) 479187[/snapback]

bwaahahahahahahaha ok

Apparently it is CSU, not CU. The dude that runs the Buffs Rivals sitte had it screwed up.

In the latest Scout says it's down to Nebraska, Colorado, and Arizona. (CU v CSU :dunno). Plans to decide without making a visit. CU are recruiting him the hardest, but Nebraska keeps in touch daily. Says all 3 are recruiting him for QB.

Detchauz Wray says it’s down to two schools – Colorado State and Nebraska. Apparently, those two are the lone ones that are still showing interested. “Arizona pretty much stopped recruiting me,” Wray said. Although Wray is ranked by Scout.com as a receiver, he also plays quarterback. “But I’m not really sure what position they want me for anymore. They were recruiting me for quarterback..."

With the Colorado State recruiting season working into its final stages, East St. Louis quarterback Detchauz Wray seems to be one of the more intriguing prospects still on the Rams radar. The 5-foot-11, 170-pound quarterback with 4.4 speed said Sunday he is still hearing from Colorado State and is intrigued to take a look at the school for himself.

sounds like he's leaning toward Colorado State