Major Culbert

I repect everyone's opinion, but here is my take......

Bo doesn't "owe" the fans an explanation. It is his team and we are just fan's of HIS team. Furthermore, just another one of BC's recruits leaving. This always happens either early or late in the process. Kids are recruited to play in one system and don't quite fit the new system. Not saying he isn't a great athlete and/or person (don't know him)......but I will say that he probably wont be a huge loss, considering that he is backing up Asante and probably Thenarse....with all of Bo's secondary recruits (Osborne, PJ Smith), he may have seen the writing on the wall, who knows.

I will say that we owe Culbert a lot of propts for the game he did play extremely well against MU in '06 . He was a stud in that game.

Good luck to him, and I hope he is able to finish his playing career. And to Bo, keep on building the program you want.

Is it a big loss? No, but I just think it sucks. I mean I'm sure he deserved his punishment, but he seemed to sacrifice a lot by being willing to do whatever it takes whether it was RB or DB. I trust Bo's judgment, but I am just curious how much is lost between the staff changes by not realizing what Major has done for the team and maybe deserving a longer leash as a Senior for a guy who has never embarrassed the team since he got here until now I guess

There are a couple posts in this thread that make the assumption he was kicked off the team. He could have just decided he was unhappy and left. I saw nothing that implies that this was disciplpinary. Did I miss something?

Is it a big loss? No, but I just think it sucks. I mean I'm sure he deserved his punishment, but he seemed to sacrifice a lot by being willing to do whatever it takes whether it was RB or DB. I trust Bo's judgment, but I am just curious how much is lost between the staff changes by not realizing what Major has done for the team and maybe deserving a longer leash as a Senior for a guy who has never embarrassed the team since he got here until now I guess

There are a couple posts in this thread that make the assumption he was kicked off the team. He could have just decided he was unhappy and left. I saw nothing that implies that this was disciplpinary. Did I miss something?

The original post said it appears as though he was dismissed. Typically, you get dismissed for disciplinary reasons. Of course, no one knows for sure...

The original post said it appears as though he was dismissed. Typically, you get dismissed for disciplinary reasons. Of course, no one knows for sure...

Also typically for kids that are unhappy and just leave, the school will usually have some announcement that the player has decided to give up football and wishing him the best, etc.