So when do we just start beating teams down again?

I am not worried about beating anyone down (cept CU), I just want to win...win big, win close, or even win ugly. A win is a win is a win. There is more parity in the NCAA, like it or not. On any given Saturday, if a team don't bring their "A" game, they may just end up with an "L".

It is easy to be a fan when you win every game, and there is no competition, the real fans come out when you win close, or even lose a game now and then. I also think your team plays more to their potential when it isn't a smack down every week.

I am not worried about beating anyone down (cept CU), I just want to win...win big, win close, or even win ugly. A win is a win is a win. There is more parity in the NCAA, like it or not. On any given Saturday, if a team don't bring their "A" game, they may just end up with an "L".

It is easy to be a fan when you win every game, and there is no competition, the real fans come out when you win close, or even lose a game now and then. I also think your team plays more to their potential when it isn't a smack down every week.

Osborne was an offensive genius! That offense does not control the game and that is why they lost to Missouri, Va Tech and OU. All those teams have identities and the Hokies are a JV version of 90s Nebraska.

Osborne was an offensive genius! That offense does not control the game and that is why they lost to Missouri, Va Tech and OU. All those teams have identities and the Hokies are a JV version of 90s Nebraska.

If this next season is like anything like last season, we better have an offense that can put up some points on the board. I think if we could get a defense that played anything like what we had in the 90's, we would be able to relax a little with the offensive output expectations. But we haven't seen anything yet to indicate we are anywhere close to that level - so we better have some kind of an offense that can control the game when we need them to, and Osborne is not on the coaching staff - this is Bo's team.

Well, parity seems to have been pretty kind to OU, TU, USC, Ohio State, Florida, etc.

I think that's just an excuse. No offense intended.

With all of the changes made over the last decade in college football talent is spread out more evenly every where, obviously Oklahoma has more than Ohio, but now with a slightly more level playing field its becoming more about who has the best coaches and scheme and who can develope talent.

When you say control the game, are you talking about time of possession? Because we led the country there. OU and Missouri were at the bottom in that stat, because they scored so quickly. So I'm kind of confused about what you are talking about.

Planning on days of beat downs is a long way off if ever again.

We had a decent team this year, but beat no one with a pulse, Kansas but most here said they were crap to start with.

You can't have it both ways. We are a long way away from being the Nebraska of the mid 90's. When we have the talent level of SC we might have a chance, but they could not do it either. Thinsg have changed drastically in college football. Every single team out there has talent, the top 50 are capable of beating anyone on their schedules. We fit into that category, but until we have great talent at all positions and 2 deep we will have ups and downs.

Give me a team that plays with heart every minute of the game, win or lose, I will be in their corner. I do not need beat downs, wins, CCG or MNC. I need to see what I saw this year. Tough hard play in most games. We need to use our heads a little more at times, cut back on the stupid pentalties.

I am just so happy with what I saw last year, but I understand it is a long road back to where we want to be, not this year is my guess, most likely not for a couple of years after that. But the steps are being taken I think. I am just happy to be along for the ride. Bo put a lot of pride back in this old man.

We had a decent team this year, but beat no one with a pulse, Kansas but most here said they were crap to start with.

You can't have it both ways. We are a long way away from being the Nebraska of the mid 90's. When we have the talent level of SC we might have a chance, but they could not do it either. Thinsg have changed drastically in college football. Every single team out there has talent, the top 50 are capable of beating anyone on their schedules. We fit into that category, but until we have great talent at all positions and 2 deep we will have ups and downs.

Give me a team that plays with heart every minute of the game, win or lose, I will be in their corner. I do not need beat downs, wins, CCG or MNC. I need to see what I saw this year. Tough hard play in most games. We need to use our heads a little more at times, cut back on the stupid pentalties.

I am just so happy with what I saw last year, but I understand it is a long road back to where we want to be, not this year is my guess, most likely not for a couple of years after that. But the steps are being taken I think. I am just happy to be along for the ride. Bo put a lot of pride back in this old man.

Talent level of SC with RARELY ever getting top 10 recruiting classes and having walkon FBs, OL and DL... GET REAL! (This is the 90s) I guess you must be pretty young and did not notice that NU didn't get the top 10 classes under Osborne.

Talent level of SC with RARELY ever getting top 10 recruiting classes and having walkon FBs, OL and DL... GET REAL!

Did you even read the quote you highlighted? He said when we have the talent. So whats up with all the sarcasim? We may never have the talent USC has, but our recruiting classes will get better each year, now that Bo has us on the right track.

Also you did not respond to my post above.

Talent level of SC with RARELY ever getting top 10 recruiting classes and having walkon FBs, OL and DL... GET REAL!

Did you even read the quote you highlighted? He said when we have the talent. So whats up with all the sarcasim? We may never have the talent USC has, but our recruiting classes will get better each year, now that Bo has us on the right track.

IDIOT! The 90s teams very RARELY had top 10 recruiting classes, so their talent WAS no where near SC's, you need to get some reading comprehension skills! Nearly all their FBs in the 90s were WALKONS that earned ships! GET YOU SOME! This is about the 90s, not Bo and today! The 90s teams score big points and beat folks up while doing it. OU's fast striking offense caused their defense headaches and had them losing to UT and Florida. They ran the ball on the gators, but could not on Texas.

IDIOT! The 90s teams very RARELY had top 10 recruiting classes, so their talent WAS no where near SC's, you need to get some reading comprehension skills! Nearly all their FBs in the 90s were WALKONS that earned ships! GET YOU SOME! This is about the 90s, not Bo and today! The 90s teams score big points and beat folks up while doing it. OU's fast striking offense caused their defense headaches and had them losing to UT and Florida. They ran the ball on the gators, but could not on Texas.

Attack the post, not the poster rkhufu7. Just because somebody says something you disagree with it doesn't call for lambasting. <_<

You are right though, most Osborne recruiting classes huddled in the 20's and 30's range.

I think you have fallen into believing that football talent is measured by stars out of high school instead of $ in the NFL. Those teams had an unbelievable amount of NFL talent on them, and nobody judges talent better than the NFL. Don't tell me they weren't as talented as USC is now. The best player from USC is Reggie Bush, the best player from NU is Tommie Fraizer based on college results. Yet Reggie isn't better than the third best player of that time for NU.....

Ahman Green is a better RB than Reggie Bush. It isn't an opinion, it is a fact. He had nearly identical stats his Jr. year (based on carries) and was a MUCH better pro. Even earned All-Pro and several pro bowls. Ahman Green is the second best RB from NU during that time and third best overall player during that run.

Sorry, I read at the adult level, so I have a hard time comprehending you're writing. What do mean this about the 90's and not Bo today. The rest of us are living in the present, and we realize that we need much better talent then we have right now.

Plus it seems that you have no clue about our present team, when you said that we lost since we did not control the ball. Our offense is very balanced, and we were at the top of the country in time of possession.

Oh, and another thing, after Osborne won the NC, our recruiting classes were in the top 10. So don't say Osborne did not have top 10 recruiting classes, he did.

Its time for you to wake up from you're time warp, and step back into reality.

Talent level of SC with RARELY ever getting top 10 recruiting classes and having walkon FBs, OL and DL... GET REAL! (This is the 90s) I guess you must be pretty young and did not notice that NU didn't get the top 10 classes under Osborne.

I'm an idiot? I guess you need to do a little research about the 90's. Yes the class that started it all was ranked in the 20's, but after that Osborne landed top 10 classes.

Max Emfinger of Blue Chips Recruiting ranked our 1995 class #3 in the country.

Allan Wallace of Super Prep ranked our 1996 class at #2 in the country.

Wow, it sure looks to me like Osborne had top 10 classes. You better take yourself back to Husker school sonny..lol