So when do we just start beating teams down again?

Let's face it, regardless of the opponent, you figure OU is going to win most of the time. Same for Texas. It's just a matter of "by how much." Yes, there's the occasional surprise, but it's always a "surprise" and not expected.

Next year, KSU and Iowa State excepted, you could at least right now put a "?" mark next to every conference game for Nebraska. Baylor could be a real b*tch down there.

When will Nebraska rise to the level where no one in the North would be a legitimate challenger for the title besides Nebraska, if ever? I mean when we just roast the conference schedule, with maybe one squeaker here or there?

Can you say Parity? :)

I don't think the 70's, 80's and 90's are ever coming back. Not saying I don't want it also. Isn't it kind of exciting though to have to watch/listen to the game cause the win is not a foregone conclusion? Granted, I don't like some of the suspenseful games again definitely inferior teams like what has happened in the C______n era.

GBR

This is only my opinion and not that of management or the entire state of Nebraska. :)

I don't think the 70's, 80's and 90's are ever coming back. Not saying I don't want it also. Isn't it kind of exciting though to have to watch/listen to the game cause the win is not a foregone conclusion? Granted, I don't like some of the suspenseful games again definitely inferior teams like what has happened in the C______n era.

GBR

This is only my opinion and not that of management or the entire state of Nebraska. :)

i actually love the cardiac arrests that come with husker games nowadays...it makes you look forward to the next game and the next game, forever and ever. michigan in '05, texas and a&m in '06, sCUm last year.

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA!

Well, parity seems to have been pretty kind to OU, TU, USC, Ohio State, Florida, etc.

I think that's just an excuse. No offense intended.

Oh really? Ask USC what tends to happen when they play worthless Oregon State or Stanford. It's certainly not a question of "how much" in those games. Same with Florida and Ole Miss last year.

Well, parity seems to have been pretty kind to OU, TU, USC, Ohio State, Florida, etc.

No it hasn't. Everyone of those teams gets beat pretty much every year by nobody's.

USC- Stanford, Oregon St

Texas- K-State twice with Prince as a coach

OU- CU two years ago, plus every bowl game they play

Florida- Ol Miss at home, even though Ol Miss was pretty good

Ohio St- Come on, they play in the Big 10

No it hasn't. Everyone of those teams gets beat pretty much every year by nobody's.

USC- Stanford, Oregon St

ha ha! Big 10 BLOWS :nanalama

USC- Stanford, Oregon St

ole miss has a lot of talent there, orgeron just didnt' coach it.

I will be happy when the BLACKSHIRTS are all the way back. I mean hurting people, dominating them phyisically, and just making people plain scared to play us. I want them hurting Sunday when they roll out of bed! I think that's what Bo's aim is too! I really don't care if we can put up 30 points or more a game, I will be happy with 14, as long as they don't score more than 10-13.

GBR

I will be happy when the BLACKSHIRTS are all the way back. I mean hurting people, dominating them phyisically, and just making people plain scared to play us. I want them hurting Sunday when they roll out of bed! I think that's what Bo's aim is too! I really don't care if we can put up 30 points or more a game, I will be happy with 14, as long as they don't score more than 10-13.

GBR

The blackshirts were helped by a powerful ball control offense that limited opponents TOP.

Let's face it, regardless of the opponent, you figure OU is going to win most of the time. Same for Texas. It's just a matter of "by how much." Yes, there's the occasional surprise, but it's always a "surprise" and not expected.

Next year, KSU and Iowa State excepted, you could at least right now put a "?" mark next to every conference game for Nebraska. Baylor could be a real b*tch down there.

When will Nebraska rise to the level where no one in the North would be a legitimate challenger for the title besides Nebraska, if ever? I mean when we just roast the conference schedule, with maybe one squeaker here or there?

maybe never?? got to be realistic, got to show superiority for several years running before we ever think that thought........get real first!

GBR

To each their own, but we already are seeing what we saw in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Most of the dominant teams from those eras are still the dominant teams of today. I read an article a few months back comparing the last 20 years. They went through the top 10's and some rediculous number like 7 or 8 of the top 10 back then were in the top 10 this year. We all know USC has had a slip up or two the past couple of years, but guess what NU almost lost to Mizzou in 97' which would have taken a trophy from us. In 94' had the momentum of the game not changed from a botched punt, we were close to losing to lowly Wyoming in Lincoln. I think we all remember the game where Mason went for two out of respect for TO when they could have screwed us over by tieing us. We lost to friggin lowly Iowa State in 92'. Things haven't changed from parity. If Florida wins the NC in 09', don't they duplicate what we did in the 90's? In 08', it was a lot like the 80's. The conference championship came down to one game OU vs. Texas. Yeah it was different because it wasn't OU vs. NU but still the conference came down to one game basically in terms of it's still a two team conference right now. I have come to the conclusion over the past few years that we as NU fans only talk about parity now because we now know what it's like to suck. Bob Stoops and Mack Brown would be fired in a heartbeat if they had seasons now like we've had over the past 5 years. Parity to me is nothing more than an excuse by fans from crappy teams. Go tell USC fans and OU fans and Texas fans that parity will cause them to lose games now. Those teams expect to win every game every year.

GBR

:yeah

We will be good against once the Blackshirts really become the Blackshirts.