Brook Berringer situation

I have met Tommie, and even though he was nice to me, our mutual "friend" that introduced us said that he is the biggest  a-hole he has ever met. And this guy knows some major league a-holes. :lol:

Well, he is YOUR friend. :lol:

I know Im supposed to be impartial, but damn that was well struck DJR. :lol:

And cred to FF for having a sense of humor about it. :cheers

Pathetic, no pathetic hypocrits!

Couldnt agree with you more. These are the same people who booed Scott Frost because the O-line allowed 3 safeties in the ASU game.

Great point. I can't stand the people that boo their own players, then when one faces adversity and overcomes they stand up behind them like they were behind them the whole time.

I have met Tommie, and even though he was nice to me, our mutual "friend" that introduced us said that he is the biggest  a-hole he has ever met. And this guy knows some major league a-holes. :lol:

Well, he is YOUR friend. :lol:

Ouch, I guess I put that one on the tee for ya :box

Inserting foot into mouth as we speak ;)

SOMEBODY had to do it. :lol: Just good fun.

"Brook Berringer situation" has got to be the most jacked-up subject header i've seen on the board... EVAH!

when i first read this subject, i thought there might have been a change in his condition. and considering that he has be dead for close to a decade, that would have been remarkable.

"Brook Berringer situation" has got to be the most jacked-up subject header i've seen on the board... EVAH!

when i first read this subject, i thought there might have been a change in his condition. and considering that he has be dead for close to a decade, that would have been remarkable.

Man you have to come around here more often :lol:

I don't agree with the posting that anyone on the team would have walked through fire for either. The team hated TF as a person. I was in college during these years. Berringer's intramural basketball team won the championship over TF's. Berringer's was loaded with football players while TF's had zero, nilch, nada football players on it. He was hated. However, everyone on the team respected Frazier. He himself got people to play maybe even better than they were. He was like a coach on the field. He knew when someone on the offense was slacking off. And, he chewed some serious ass when guys were missing assignments.

Truthfully, we as fans never would have even known much about Berringer had it not been for a blood clot in TF's leg. It's hard to vote for someone we would have never seen play had it not been for an injury. Just like Matt Turman. We wouldn't have heard about him had it not been for a collapsed lung. I guess it goes to show that a walk on program really isn't that bad. Without it, who knows who would have been playing KState at QB?

Berringer was booed his senior year when TF was taken out of a game earlier than we "the greatest college football fans" thought he should have been. Had Berringer not been killed in the plane crash, we probably wouldn't even be discussing this. We the greatest college football fans boo a kid, and then a few months later we bombard his mom with flowers and so forth pledging our never ending love of her son! Pathetic, no pathetic hypocrits!

I dont think the boos were DIRECTED at Brook. Maybee the coaching staff for not letting Tommie run up some more numbers. Calling out people that go to the games hyprocrits is a little overboard.

I don't agree with the posting that anyone on the team would have walked through fire for either.  The team hated TF as a person.  I was in college during these years.  Berringer's intramural basketball team won the championship over TF's.  Berringer's was loaded with football players while TF's had zero, nilch, nada football players on it.  He was hated.  However, everyone on the team respected Frazier.  He himself got people to play maybe even better than they were.  He was like a coach on the field.  He knew when someone on the offense was slacking off.  And, he chewed some serious ass when guys were missing assignments. 

Truthfully, we as fans never would have even known much about Berringer had it not been for a blood clot in TF's leg.  It's hard to vote for someone we would have never seen play had it not been for an injury.  Just like Matt Turman.  We wouldn't have heard about him had it not been for a collapsed lung.  I guess it goes to show that a walk on program really isn't that bad.  Without it, who knows who would have been playing KState at QB? 

Berringer was booed his senior year when TF was taken out of a game earlier than we "the greatest college football fans" thought he should have been.  Had Berringer not been killed in the plane crash, we probably wouldn't even be discussing this.  We the greatest college football fans boo a kid, and then a few months later we bombard his mom with flowers and so forth pledging our never ending love of her son!  Pathetic, no pathetic hypocrits!

I dont think the boos were DIRECTED at Brook. Maybee the coaching staff for not letting Tommie run up some more numbers. Calling out people that go to the games hyprocrits is a little overboard.

I can see where you are coming from. There were many times (especially with FS and BC) that the O would give up that last series of the first half instead of trying to get a quick score before half time. IMO, that sucks and I though it was a little chicken s#!t to throw in the towel. I booed too. Not the players, but the coaching staff for making such a decision.

As I said before, it was hypocritical to boo the players, like Frost for example. I think that booing college kids is low class, and sets a bad example.

and the players and the coaches and whoever else is out on the field is supposed to know exactly who we are boing, gotcha. its all open to interpretation

Understandable.

But it should be pretty obvious that when the game is tight, and you get the ball near the 50 with about a minute to go in the half, you throw one INC pass, then run 2 draw plays just to run out the time, that the fans are booing the decision of the coaches, not the players.

BTW, if you dont know WHO is getting booed, they why would you just ASSUME who the jeers are directed at???