Ranking the Big 12 Quarterbacks

I'm sorry but it appears you are all totally stoned.... <_<

My rankings would look like this:

1. McCoy - McCoy has the ability to take a team and put it on his shoulders and carry it to a win.

Stats: 434-322/76.5%/34 TDs/8 Picks/3859 Passing/579 Rushing

2. Bradford - Almost as good as McCoy. Has better supporting cast but less heart.

Stats: 483-328/67.9%/50 TDs/8 Picks/4720 Passing/47 Rushing

3. Reesing - A fantastic QB considering the tools he has to work with (both physically and as teammates).

Stats: 329-496/66.5%/32 TDs/13 Picks/3888 Passing/224 Rushing

There...those are the three PROVEN QB's. Like someone said...the rest is a crapshoot but those original rankings obviously came from someone who was under the influence of a controlled substance. THIS is how the rest of the QB's should be ranked coming into the season...

4. Robinson - IF he can build on what he did last year. The running game had a lot to do with his throwing

success. He is a true dual threat QB however...but not yet top tier.

Stats: 314-204/65%/25 TDs/10 Picks/3064 Passing/562 Rushing

5....TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE

Johnson - An accurate thowing QB playing for a crappy team. Two biggest drawbacks for him is that he

is not a big threat to run and the offensive system Shermin has set up sucks

Stats: 326-194/59.5%/21 TDs/10 Picks/2435 Passing/114 Rushing

Griffen - I'm going to wait to see how he performs after losing his two starting tackles. He has a chance

to become great...or to become terribly injured. The best dual purpose QB in the league right now.

Stats: 267-155/58.9%/15 TDs/3 Picks/2088 Passing/843 Rushing

Arnaud - Laugh all you want at Arnaud but remember that for all the things ISU does wrong, they still

have more active QBs in the NFL than the rest of the Big 12. Plus ISU is going to the spread...big

numbers are coming for Arnaud

Stats: 401-247/61.6%/15 TDs/10 Picks/2792 Passing/401 Rushing

8. Hawkins/Hanson - One can't run and the other can't throw...together they would make a decent

QB...apart, Colorado is going to be rushing the ball a lot

Stats: Hawkins - 320-183/57.2%/17 TDs/10 Picks/1892 Passing/-23 Rushing

Hanson - 65-34/52.3%/1 TD/4 Picks/280 Passing/261 Rushing

9. Potts - An unknown quality who gets the nod over the others simply because of the system:

Stats: 36-23/63.9%/2 TDs/1 Pick/260 Passing/0 Rushing

10. Coffman - The K-State "play from behind" game plan means big numbers for this guy

Stats: 41-25/61%/1 TD/1 Pick/282 Passing/60 Rushing

11. Lee/Witt - Better get the running game moving right away...no experience throwing or catching this year.

Stats: Lee - 2-1/50%/0 TDs/0 Picks/17 Passing/5 Rushing

Witt - 8-6/75%/0 TDs/0 Picks/48 Passing/20 Rushing

12. Gabbert - I don't care who recruiting him. He's shown me nothing even during garbage time. He won't

amount to much...take my word for it

Stats: 13-5/38.5%/0 TDs/0 Picks/43 Passing/22 Rushing

That is the way the QB's should be ranked coming into the year based on realistic performance based criteria...not a bunch of ditchweed...

Feel free to argue but remember that you'll be wrong and I'll be right anyway so why bother?

WOW... :wtf

appears to be a pretty good analysis.

who'da thunk it.

I think it is safe to list any of the Colorado QB's as #12 on the list because it is such an unknown who will be the QB. I don't believe that Hawk will give the job to Cody because it is his son but because Cody would be entering his 3rd season under center and that gives him a huge comfort level in running the offesnse. With that said, I love Cody's heart but the bottom line is he is just too short to be an effective drop back QB. Fortunately for us, CU will be returning to the days of power running the football, which I am excited about being one of the few teams in the conference that won't be looking at chucking it 40 times a game. I am a firm believer that the model of succes that Colorado and Nebraska demonstrated in the 90's is not dead.

I think it is safe to list any of the Colorado QB's as #12 on the list because it is such an unknown who will be the QB. I don't believe that Hawk will give the job to Cody because it is his son but because Cody would be entering his 3rd season under center and that gives him a huge comfort level in running the offesnse. With that said, I love Cody's heart but the bottom line is he is just too short to be an effective drop back QB. Fortunately for us, CU will be returning to the days of power running the football, which I am excited about being one of the few teams in the conference that won't be looking at chucking it 40 times a game. I am a firm believer that the model of succes that Colorado and Nebraska demonstrated in the 90's is dead.

Georgia Tech is doing pretty well for themselves. Granted it's the Triple Option, but still.

I think the biggest problem with Colorado and their quarterback situation is that you cannot be a head coach and expect to coach your son as the starting quarterback. There are just so many problems that can arise with that, and Colorado hasn't done well in developing their quarterbacks to reaching their full potential. If Hawkins can take his son out of the game or make him transfer schools, I think it would be best for Colorado.

Also, I think it might be time for Coach Hawkins to go...period. If I'm not mistaken, he has never had a winning season, and the best he has done is .500. Could be mistaken though.

Each year there is some reason Colorado doesn't do well. One year it is a new coach, the next year it is a lot of injuries, the next year it's something else. I just don't personally believe Hawkins is the man for the job.

And here is a good reason: After the 2008-2009 season, Colorado didn't get a single combine invite to any player. That says quite a bit, especially considering Nebraska got a couple invites after the 2007 season.

Also, I think it might be time for Coach Hawkins to go...period. If I'm not mistaken, he has never had a winning season, and the best he has done is .500. Could be mistaken though.

Each year there is some reason Colorado doesn't do well. One year it is a new coach, the next year it is a lot of injuries, the next year it's something else. I just don't personally believe Hawkins is the man for the job.

And here is a good reason: After the 2008-2009 season, Colorado didn't get a single combine invite to any player. That says quite a bit, especially considering Nebraska got a couple invites after the 2007 season.

Yikes. And yikes. Good post.

I made a typo when I was referring to being able to run the ball, I meant to say that I believe it is still a viable option.

With respect to Coach Hawkins, CU started last season 3-0 before the inury PLAGUE(not bug...lol) bit the team in the butt. The school loves his attitude and his committment to rebuilding the program as well as student body into a more positive image. Remember two years ago in Boulder against you guys, the week before the game he threatened to pull the team off the field if the students got unruly. Sure it is embarrassing to have your head coach make that kind of statement but what does it say about the man if he is willing to forfeit to his rival over the students bahvior? I believe it speaks volumes of his character and the kind of character he is trying to build within the program. I do not value winning above all else, I can leave that to all my Alabama friends down here...lol So I think it is very safe to say that Hawk is relatively safe for his record and everyone behind the Buffs are very optimistic about this coming season.

I made a typo when I was referring to being able to run the ball, I meant to say that I believe it is still a viable option.

With respect to Coach Hawkins, CU started last season 3-0 before the inury PLAGUE(not bug...lol) bit the team in the butt. The school loves his attitude and his committment to rebuilding the program as well as student body into a more positive image. Remember two years ago in Boulder against you guys, the week before the game he threatened to pull the team off the field if the students got unruly. Sure it is embarrassing to have your head coach make that kind of statement but what does it say about the man if he is willing to forfeit to his rival over the students bahvior? I believe it speaks volumes of his character and the kind of character he is trying to build within the program. I do not value winning above all else, I can leave that to all my Alabama friends down here...lol So I think it is very safe to say that Hawk is relatively safe for his record and everyone behind the Buffs are very optimistic about this coming season.

I agree to an extent. I never meant for it to sound like I was questioning Hawkins' character. In fact, I think he is probably exactly what the CU program needed after the previous coach. However...if he doesn't start to pile up some W's soon I think the Buff faithful might get restless. As in...if he doesn't have a winning season this year he might want to do a little house shopping.

But then again, I'm sure you have a closer and better view of the situation than I do.

I agree to an extent. I never meant for it to sound like I was questioning Hawkins' character. In fact, I think he is probably exactly what the CU program needed after the previous coach. However...if he doesn't start to pile up some W's soon I think the Buff faithful might get restless. As in...if he doesn't have a winning season this year he might want to do a little house shopping.

But then again, I'm sure you have a closer and better view of the situation than I do.

I will be absolutely stunned if we do not have a winning record this year. We should have the talent, the gameplan, and the schedule to pull of a winning season, for me personally, anything less then 8 wins this season will be a dissapointment. Not the kool-aid talking but I believe we are the better team in 8 of those games.

By the way, I knew you weren't questioning his character, I was just pointing out that sometimes a man's postives can buy some time over his won/loss record.

I will be absolutely stunned if we do not have a winning record this year. We should have the talent, the gameplan, and the schedule to pull of a winning season, for me personally, anything less then 8 wins this season will be a dissapointment. Not the kool-aid talking but I believe we are the better team in 8 of those games.

By the way, I knew you weren't questioning his character, I was just pointing out that sometimes a man's postives can buy some time over his won/loss record.

Agreed. Hopefully we can get back to the days of NU and CU slugging it out on the day after Thanksgiving for dominance in the North. I'm tired of this KU and MU business. :)

Tom Osborne knows a lot about that. Despite how well he was doing throughout his coaching career, he was almost fired in the early 80's. If he hadn't made it to the NC game, he may have lost his job. I don't have the exact link to this but I remember reading about it in a Husker book I was given for Christmas one year.

Just as a side note, I think a lot of people are considering this year the make or break year for Hawkins. If he doesn't produce something positive, I think he may be in trouble.

Agreed. Hopefully we can get back to the days of NU and CU slugging it out on the day after Thanksgiving for dominance in the North. I'm tired of this KU and MU business. :)

Word, and I do think this years game will be meaningfull to be Texas's cannonfodder in the Big 12 Title game...lol