Ranking the Big 12 Quarterbacks

Where do you rank the QBs?

I think mine looks something like this...

1. Texas (McCoy)

1a. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. OSU (Robinson)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. Baylor (Griffin)

5. TT (Potts) - Leach always gets 4,500 yards out of his QB.

6. Texas A&M (Johnson...I think) - This guy is improving...

7. Missouri (Gabbert) - haven't seen much of him yet, but more game experience than Lee.

8. Nebraska (Lee...presumably)

9. Colorado (Hawkins/Hansen)

10. Iowa State (Arnaud)

11. KSU (Coffman...I think)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Griffin or Reesing move up a bit. Hopefully Lee will as well!

Good post :thumbs

The bottom half of that list is a crap shoot where anybody could go up or down. I'm pretty stoked for the 2009 season in that if Lee is named the starter and he does a fantastic job, he will probably be the starter 2010. By 2010 McCoy and Reesing are for sure gone, Bradford will probably leave because he will be a junior by the end of this year but who knows. I think Robinson is gone too. We will have the possibility of 4 of the top quarterbacks in the B12 leaving, which will be great for us.

Yeah its really hard to rank the the Big 12 this year other than the top 5, everyone is unproven. However, Lee is a Juco transfer who took his team to the championship. Grant it Junior College is more or less highschool football on steroids, Lee does have experience in the collegiate level and knows how to play in big games.

Grant it Junior College is more or less highschool football on steroids

/agreed.

I've always wondered though, why don't people give Lee more credit for this? Many of us know he took his team to the championship but it seems like many don't care. I know there's the talk that "it doesn't matter it's in the past" but still, it's impressive imho. High school football players are often recruited based on past performances and how well they did with their team and what places they took em too, so idk people don't give Lee more credit for it. :rant

1. Texas (McCoy)

1a. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. OSU (Robinson)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. Baylor (Griffin)

7. Missouri (Gabbert) - haven't seen much of him yet, but more game experience than Lee.

10. Iowa State (Arnaud)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Griffin or Reesing move up a bit. Hopefully Lee will as well!

I think you're a little hard on CU. Both Hawkins and Hansen have more experience at the D1 level for CU than #5 down. If it weren't for all their OL being hurt last season, I'm sure their numbers would have been much better throughout the season.

1. Texas (McCoy)

1a. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. OSU (Robinson)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. Baylor (Griffin)

10. Iowa State (Arnaud)

I think you're a little hard on CU. Both Hawkins and Hansen have more experience at the D1 level for CU than #5 down. If it weren't for all their OL being hurt last season, I'm sure their numbers would have been much better throughout the season.

Maybe so. I just haven't seen anything from them that I've been particularly impressed with. Like an earlier poster said, after the top 4 they are fairly interchangeable. And unfortunately, OL play is a HUGE factor in how we evaluate QB performance. (for example I doubt Bradford is as highly rated without such incredible OL play). So I guess a more fair ranking would be "Ranking Potential QB Performance." That would better account for the team surrounding them.

I'm sorry but it appears you are all totally stoned.... <_<

My rankings would look like this:

1. McCoy - McCoy has the ability to take a team and put it on his shoulders and carry it to a win.

Stats: 434-322/76.5%/34 TDs/8 Picks/3859 Passing/579 Rushing

2. Bradford - Almost as good as McCoy. Has better supporting cast but less heart.

Stats: 483-328/67.9%/50 TDs/8 Picks/4720 Passing/47 Rushing

3. Reesing - A fantastic QB considering the tools he has to work with (both physically and as teammates).

Stats: 329-496/66.5%/32 TDs/13 Picks/3888 Passing/224 Rushing

There...those are the three PROVEN QB's. Like someone said...the rest is a crapshoot but those original rankings obviously came from someone who was under the influence of a controlled substance. THIS is how the rest of the QB's should be ranked coming into the season...

4. Robinson - IF he can build on what he did last year. The running game had a lot to do with his throwing

success. He is a true dual threat QB however...but not yet top tier.

Stats: 314-204/65%/25 TDs/10 Picks/3064 Passing/562 Rushing

5....TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE

Johnson - An accurate thowing QB playing for a crappy team. Two biggest drawbacks for him is that he

is not a big threat to run and the offensive system Shermin has set up sucks

Stats: 326-194/59.5%/21 TDs/10 Picks/2435 Passing/114 Rushing

Griffen - I'm going to wait to see how he performs after losing his two starting tackles. He has a chance

to become great...or to become terribly injured. The best dual purpose QB in the league right now.

Stats: 267-155/58.9%/15 TDs/3 Picks/2088 Passing/843 Rushing

Arnaud - Laugh all you want at Arnaud but remember that for all the things ISU does wrong, they still

have more active QBs in the NFL than the rest of the Big 12. Plus ISU is going to the spread...big

numbers are coming for Arnaud

Stats: 401-247/61.6%/15 TDs/10 Picks/2792 Passing/401 Rushing

8. Hawkins/Hanson - One can't run and the other can't throw...together they would make a decent

QB...apart, Colorado is going to be rushing the ball a lot

Stats: Hawkins - 320-183/57.2%/17 TDs/10 Picks/1892 Passing/-23 Rushing

Hanson - 65-34/52.3%/1 TD/4 Picks/280 Passing/261 Rushing

9. Potts - An unknown quality who gets the nod over the others simply because of the system:

Stats: 36-23/63.9%/2 TDs/1 Pick/260 Passing/0 Rushing

10. Coffman - The K-State "play from behind" game plan means big numbers for this guy

Stats: 41-25/61%/1 TD/1 Pick/282 Passing/60 Rushing

11. Lee/Witt - Better get the running game moving right away...no experience throwing or catching this year.

Stats: Lee - 2-1/50%/0 TDs/0 Picks/17 Passing/5 Rushing

Witt - 8-6/75%/0 TDs/0 Picks/48 Passing/20 Rushing

12. Gabbert - I don't care who recruiting him. He's shown me nothing even during garbage time. He won't

amount to much...take my word for it

Stats: 13-5/38.5%/0 TDs/0 Picks/43 Passing/22 Rushing

That is the way the QB's should be ranked coming into the year based on realistic performance based criteria...not a bunch of ditchweed...

Feel free to argue but remember that you'll be wrong and I'll be right anyway so why bother?

I'm sorry but it appears you are all totally stoned.... <_<

My rankings would look like this:

1. McCoy - McCoy has the ability to take a team and put it on his shoulders and carry it to a win.

Stats: 434-322/76.5%/34 TDs/8 Picks/3859 Passing/579 Rushing

2. Bradford - Almost as good as McCoy. Has better supporting cast but less heart.

Stats: 483-328/67.9%/50 TDs/8 Picks/4720 Passing/47 Rushing

3. Reesing - A fantastic QB considering the tools he has to work with (both physically and as teammates).

Stats: 329-496/66.5%/32 TDs/13 Picks/3888 Passing/224 Rushing

There...those are the three PROVEN QB's. Like someone said...the rest is a crapshoot but those original rankings obviously came from someone who was under the influence of a controlled substance. THIS is how the rest of the QB's should be ranked coming into the season...

4. Robinson - IF he can build on what he did last year. The running game had a lot to do with his throwing

success. He is a true dual threat QB however...but not yet top tier.

Stats: 314-204/65%/25 TDs/10 Picks/3064 Passing/562 Rushing

5....TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE

Johnson - An accurate thowing QB playing for a crappy team. Two biggest drawbacks for him is that he

is not a big threat to run and the offensive system Shermin has set up sucks

Stats: 326-194/59.5%/21 TDs/10 Picks/2435 Passing/114 Rushing

Griffen - I'm going to wait to see how he performs after losing his two starting tackles. He has a chance

to become great...or to become terribly injured. The best dual purpose QB in the league right now.

Stats: 267-155/58.9%/15 TDs/3 Picks/2088 Passing/843 Rushing

Arnaud - Laugh all you want at Arnaud but remember that for all the things ISU does wrong, they still

have more active QBs in the NFL than the rest of the Big 12. Plus ISU is going to the spread...big

numbers are coming for Arnaud

Stats: 401-247/61.6%/15 TDs/10 Picks/2792 Passing/401 Rushing

8. Hawkins/Hanson - One can't run and the other can't throw...together they would make a decent

QB...apart, Colorado is going to be rushing the ball a lot

Stats: Hawkins - 320-183/57.2%/17 TDs/10 Picks/1892 Passing/-23 Rushing

Hanson - 65-34/52.3%/1 TD/4 Picks/280 Passing/261 Rushing

9. Potts - An unknown quality who gets the nod over the others simply because of the system:

Stats: 36-23/63.9%/2 TDs/1 Pick/260 Passing/0 Rushing

10. Coffman - The K-State "play from behind" game plan means big numbers for this guy

Stats: 41-25/61%/1 TD/1 Pick/282 Passing/60 Rushing

11. Lee/Witt - Better get the running game moving right away...no experience throwing or catching this year.

12. Gabbert - I don't care who recruiting him. He's shown me nothing even during garbage time. He won't

amount to much...take my word for it

Stats: 13-5/38.5%/0 TDs/0 Picks/43 Passing/22 Rushing

That is the way the QB's should be ranked coming into the year based on realistic performance based criteria...not a bunch of ditchweed...

Feel free to argue but remember that you'll be wrong and I'll be right anyway so why bother?

Ditchweed eh? Care to wager on how many yards Witt has as a Cornhusker this year? <_<

Aren't you being a bit hard on Robinson? For the most part, they were in every single game with a chance to win it at the end. They easily could be one of the favorites in the South, and they would be had Bradford and McCoy gone pro. I'd definitely put him in the top tier. He belongs there as much if not more than Reesing. I think you're probably right on with the rest of what you say. Gabbert could definitely be the weak link in 09' due to losing the OC.

1. McCoy (Texas)

2. Bradford (Oklahoma)

3. Reesing (Kansas)

4. Griffin (Baylor)

5. Robinson (Oklahoma State)

6. Johnson (Texas A&M)

7. Gabbert (Missouri)

8. Potts (Texas Tech)

9. Lee (Nebraska)

10. Hawkins (Colorado)

11. Coffman (Iowa State)

12. Arnaud (Kansas State)

Witt left the team weeks ago, there is a thread about it on the first/second page <_<