Ranking the Big 12 Quarterbacks

Aren't you being a bit hard on Robinson? For the most part, they were in every single game with a chance to win it at the end. They easily could be one of the favorites in the South, and they would be had Bradford and McCoy gone pro. I'd definitely put him in the top tier. He belongs there as much if not more than Reesing. I think you're probably right on with the rest of what you say. Gabbert could definitely be the weak link in 09' due to losing the OC.

:yeah

Robinson is the 3rd best in the conference. IMO

You put Robinson behind OU's offensive line and watch out. I agree with you.

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

5. Baylor (Griffin, so far anyway)

6. Nebraska (Lee, went to JUCO national title and should have a good supporting cast)

7. Iowa State (Arnaud, he did set records at ISU last fall.....)

8. Texas A&M (Johnson, really dont know but he cant be too bad if he starts for a&m)

9. Missouri (Gabbert, looked bad in his time playing last fall and i have heard from MU fans he has looked bad in practices and may not even start, instead having a freshman play...)

10. TT (Potts, plays for TT so cant be too bad but it is his first year and its hard to live up to harrell)

11. KSU (Coffman, looked better than freeman did in his limited playing time,but what does that really say?)

12. Colorado (Hawkins/Hansen, lol @10 wins! Daddy hawkins will never let another one of his sons qb for his football teams again!)

i see us as no worse than #6 and we could very easily be #5 as i am not sold on griffin beyond being a track star quite yet.... :box

You, sir have hit the nail directly on the head. Not a great passer beyond a first look and a dump off. We'll see as/if he develops.

Aren't you being a bit hard on Robinson? For the most part, they were in every single game with a chance to win it at the end. They easily could be one of the favorites in the South, and they would be had Bradford and McCoy gone pro. I'd definitely put him in the top tier. He belongs there as much if not more than Reesing. I think you're probably right on with the rest of what you say. Gabbert could definitely be the weak link in 09' due to losing the OC.

Robinson is the 3rd best in the conference. IMO

Who is being hard on him? I think the worst anyone had him is 5th....I had him at 3rd as well.

As someone said, this is all out the window when the season starts anyways. For now it's all just speculation.

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

6. Nebraska (Lee, went to JUCO national title and should have a good supporting cast)

8. Texas A&M (Johnson, really dont know but he cant be too bad if he starts for a&m)

9. Missouri (Gabbert, looked bad in his time playing last fall and i have heard from MU fans he has looked bad in practices and may not even start, instead having a freshman play...)

10. TT (Potts, plays for TT so cant be too bad but it is his first year and its hard to live up to harrell)

11. KSU (Coffman, looked better than freeman did in his limited playing time,but what does that really say?)

12. Colorado (Hawkins/Hansen, lol @10 wins! Daddy hawkins will never let another one of his sons qb for his football teams again!)

i see us as no worse than #6 and we could very easily be #5 as i am not sold on griffin beyond being a track star quite yet.... :box

You, sir have hit the nail directly on the head. Not a great passer beyond a first look and a dump off. We'll see as/if he develops.

Wait...what?! As a true freshmen he completed 60% of his passes and had a 5 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio. (playing in the big 12 south no less!). If he played for Nebraska he would be starting, and we'd be thrilled to have him.

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

Wait...what?! As a true freshmen he completed 60% of his passes and had a 5 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio. (playing in the big 12 south no less!). If he played for Nebraska he would be starting, and we'd be thrilled to have him.

Pretty easy to complete 60% of your passes when the majority of the catches were made by TE and RB. Not saying he wouldn't start here, just saying he isn't better than Robinson. That is ridiculous.

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

Pretty easy to complete 60% of your passes when the majority of the catches were made by TE and RB. Not saying he wouldn't start here, just saying he isn't better than Robinson. That is ridiculous.

A lot of Griffin's passes were to backs/TE's. And I wouldn't be thrilled to have him, cause we've already got a man in Cody Green :box

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

A lot of Griffin's passes were to backs/TE's. And I wouldn't be thrilled to have him, cause we've already got a man in Cody Green :box

So....do passes to tight ends and backs not count or what? I'm not sure what you are getting at. A completion, is a completion, is a completion. If you're saying that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the down field throws, I'd have to remind you that this is COLLEGE football, not professional. Josh Freeman has all the arm strength in the world but I'd take Joe Ganz over him any day in college. Same deal with Griffin. The kid is an ATHLETE, and that touchdown to interception ratio shows that he doesn't make many dumb mistakes.

I'm already tired of hearing about Cody Green. :hmmph You'd think we'd learn our lesson with the likes of Harrison Beck, Curt Dukes, etc. etc. How about we wait to crown him until after he has completed a pass in a Husker game?

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

So....do passes to tight ends and backs not count or what? I'm not sure what you are getting at. A completion, is a completion, is a completion. If you're saying that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the down field throws, I'd have to remind you that this is COLLEGE football, not professional. Josh Freeman has all the arm strength in the world but I'd take Joe Ganz over him any day in college. Same deal with Griffin. The kid is an ATHLETE, and that touchdown to interception ratio shows that he doesn't make many dumb mistakes.

I'm already tired of hearing about Cody Green. :hmmph You'd think we'd learn our lesson with the likes of Harrison Beck, Curt Dukes, etc. etc. How about we wait to crown him until after he has completed a pass in a Husker game?

ok, since i made the original quote ill explain it for ya!

for the untrained eye he is a ok/good qb, but for someone that knows how a qb should operate (which i am sure you do) he is not on par with most of the qbs in the conference and i do not think he would start over zac lee or would he have started over joe ganz.

the reason that someone said that it would be easy to throw to your running back and TE say that because those two are generally your safety valve throws, in other words if that is who he is throwing to all of the time then he is not checking all of his options and he is just taking the easy throw. if i knew that i was only going to have to lock onto my RB to TE every snap and let them do the work then i think i could complete 59.9% of my passes too!

add to all of that that his left tackle is a top 5 pick in the coming NFL draft and its my opinion that he should have almost looked better if he is so good. to explain it for some people, the left tackle is very important in any offense if your qb is right handed (which griffin is) because he blocks on the side of the line that the qb cannot see making sure that the qb has the time to throw the ball.

in closing, he may be a good qb this year or next but right now he is a track star (believe he made it to the junior olympics or something?) that is trying to play qb....

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

for the untrained eye he is a ok/good qb, but for someone that knows how a qb should operate (which i am sure you do) he is not on par with most of the qbs in the conference and i do not think he would start over zac lee or would he have started over joe ganz.

the reason that someone said that it would be easy to throw to your running back and TE say that because those two are generally your safety valve throws, in other words if that is who he is throwing to all of the time then he is not checking all of his options and he is just taking the easy throw. if i knew that i was only going to have to lock onto my RB to TE every snap and let them do the work then i think i could complete 59.9% of my passes too!

add to all of that that his left tackle is a top 5 pick in the coming NFL draft and its my opinion that he should have almost looked better if he is so good. to explain it for some people, the left tackle is very important in any offense if your qb is right handed (which griffin is) because he blocks on the side of the line that the qb cannot see making sure that the qb has the time to throw the ball.

in closing, he may be a good qb this year or next but right now he is a track star (believe he made it to the junior olympics or something?) that is trying to play qb....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4EXHy6WLLQ

Notice all of the 15 yard out routes that he NAILS. Track star? This is a quarterback. And a damn good one considering his age and his surrounding talent.

(4:54 doesn't look like a track star.)

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

Notice all of the 15 yard out routes that he NAILS. Track star? This is a quarterback. And a damn good one considering his age and his surrounding talent.

a little clip of is HIGHLIGHTS is not gonna show you how good of a qb he is. you need to watch a lot of game film on him to understand just how overrated he really is (notice how even i put him at numero 5). after playing 48 quarters of football anyone should have enough highlights to make themself look all american in a 5 minute clip. i dont know if you have the NU vs BU game DVRd or anything but if you do, actually go back and watch the game and you will see what we are talking about. i have a lot of friends that are baylor fans, for some reason, and i have therefore watched a lot of baylor games and trust me when i say that he will not likely look even as good as last season this season, let alone be better. he is serviceable but he is not likely a starter at most of the schools in the big 12 imo.

1. Oklahoma (Bradford)

2. Texas (McCoy)

3. Kansas (Reesing)

4. OSU (Robinson)

a little clip of is HIGHLIGHTS is not gonna show you how good of a qb he is. you need to watch a lot of game film on him to understand just how overrated he really is (notice how even i put him at numero 5). after playing 48 quarters of football anyone should have enough highlights to make themself look all american in a 5 minute clip. i dont know if you have the NU vs BU game DVRd or anything but if you do, actually go back and watch the game and you will see what we are talking about. i have a lot of friends that are baylor fans, for some reason, and i have therefore watched a lot of baylor games and trust me when i say that he will not likely look even as good as last season this season, let alone be better. he is serviceable but he is not likely a starter at most of the schools in the big 12 imo.

Meh. I don't think we are going to agree on this one. (point taken on highlight videos not being particularly useful...hopefully people remember that when watching C. Green spring highlight tapes).

I just think that what he showed as a true freshman playing in the toughest division in college football shows that he is more than just "serviceable." But I guess arguments like this are what the off season is all about. We'll have to re-visit this after next season and see how our predictions turned out.

Meh. I don't think we are going to agree on this one. (point taken on highlight videos not being particularly useful...hopefully people remember that when watching C. Green spring highlight tapes).

I just think that what he showed as a true freshman playing in the toughest division in college football shows that he is more than just "serviceable." But I guess arguments like this are what the off season is all about. We'll have to re-visit this after next season and see how our predictions turned out.

agreed good sir.