Lee's knee injury..

I guess the coaches and players say the quaterback race is still wide open but I think we are all assuming that Lee is gonna be our guy. I haven't heard much more about his knee injury, Im assuming he is back to 100% but is that something that will nag him for awhile and be prone to injury? Obviously we need our quarterback to be in there every game, hopefully his knee is not a concern of the coaches. If so where do you think that puts us for a number 2, assuming lee has the job.

If Zac Lee is injured, the QB situation could get dicey in a heartbeat. Witt is gone. Spano has no game experience at all and only one year in the system. Cody Green had a small injury, and, as Bo has pointed out, is really still a high schooler at this point. Taylor Martinez won't get here until August and would definitely be hard for him to pick up the system that fast. Who is left? The move of LaTravis to the QB spot could end up being one of those necessity is the mother of invention kind of deals. :hmmph

We're a long way from summer camp, even further from the season. By the time the first game roles around I'm sure our QBs will be that much more ready if something should happen to Lee. We should be grateful that with Witt's departure we got Green early; we would be a helluva lot thinner if he didn't get a chance to have an extra 8 months in the playbook and two camps to prepare himself.

And there's always Roy and Q.

It has been two years since injury, and he has taken part in running drills against some of the backs and has come close to matching some of their speed. He is fine, especially since nobody is discussing it.

And seriously, quit the nagging on Kody Spano! The kid has gotten nothing but praise from the coaches and he came out of a high school that has been a freaking quarterback factory over the years. The kid can play for sure. Even with no game experience, he could definitely feel a starting role if he needed to.

Are you saying Oklahoma's offensive system is such that even a bad quarterback can excel?

No, that Paul Thompson kid was good. He was also a quarterback switched to WR switched to QB, wasn't he? As well as a senior.

Just because one unlikely candidate rose to the occasion, is that the kind of thing we hope will happen? Should we move over Menelik Holt to play QB? And if he can't, is that a problem with our offensive system? I don't really understand where you're going.

Are you saying Oklahoma's offensive system is such that even a bad quarterback can excel?

No, that Paul Thompson kid was good. He was also a quarterback switched to WR switched to QB, wasn't he? As well as a senior.

Just because one unlikely candidate rose to the occasion, is that the kind of thing we hope will happen? Should we move over Menelik Holt to play QB? And if he can't, is that a problem with our offensive system? I don't really understand where you're going.

I think the main point is that while it's true we're a bit thin with Witt gone, it's not like we're desperate. We'll have 3 scholarship QBs in Lee, Spano, and Green, plus Washington who played QB in high school, and then Martinez if things really got dicey. Then there's always the possibility that this Robert Marve guy transfers in. In any case, maybe I'm alone here, but I'm not quaking in my boots over the possibility that Lee goes down. We're quick to forget that Spano was touted as a significant dual-threat quarterback from a competitive high school. I also happen to be one of those that thought that even if Witt had stayed, Lee would have been our guy. We will need to be taking another elite field general in the 10 class, though.

I am pulling for Spano, I really am, but I would feel better if the QB who starts is the QB who wins the job, not the QB we got to put in because so-and-so is hurt. I feel we will miss Witt this year, not because he is a potential Heisman winner, but because, with the right attitude, he would have added to the competitive nature of the position.

I am pulling for Spano, I really am, but I would feel better if the QB who starts is the QB who wins the job, not the QB we got to put in because so-and-so is hurt. I feel we will miss Witt this year, not because he is a potential Heisman winner, but because, with the right attitude, he would have added to the competitive nature of the position.

I am with you on the pulling for Spano issue, just like the kid, nothing against lee... But i disagree on Witt... sure competition is good but i think the competition b/w Spano and Lee should be good enough, the coaches have prove that the best players will play, so i'm not worried about that part at all.. they know they have to show up.