All Time ILB

All Time ILB  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This list was a little harder to put together since we ran that stupid 5-2 for so long and most guys before 1994 were just listed as LB. I’m including Marc Munford in this one because I’ve read in different places where it says OLB or ILB. I also listed Jim Pillen even though he was listed as Monster. I’m sure I missed some people so if your guy isn’t listed select Other and type them in.

FYI: If Corey McKeon wouldn’t have fallen off so much his final 2 seasons he would be on this list. Go back and look at his 2005 stats, that year can be put up against any ILB to ever play here. IMO

went with Ruud

Barrett Ruud was the anchor for the Blackshirt defense and one of the most successful linebackers in Nebraska history. He served as a three-year starter at middle linebacker after seeing action in all 13 games as a true freshman in 2001. During his four-year Husker career, Ruud amassed an NU-record 432 total tackles.

Along with his success on the field, Ruud was a three-time first-team academic All-Big 12 selection and earned his bachelor's degree in business management from Nebraska in May 2005.

This list was a little harder to put together since we ran that stupid 5-2 for so long and most guys before 1994 were just listed as LB. I’m including Marc Munford in this one because I’ve read in different places where it says OLB or ILB. I also listed Jim Pillen even though he was listed as Monster. I’m sure I missed some people so if your guy isn’t listed select Other and type them in.

FYI: If Corey McKeon wouldn’t have fallen off so much his final 2 seasons he would be on this list. Go back and look at his 2005 stats, that year can be put up against any ILB to ever play here. IMO

:bang

Totally disagree...for one reason - Corey McKeon was all mouth the last two years, put forth very little effort, and spent more time being a clown at the Brass Rail than playing football. I will never forget the pictures of him in the womens volleyball uniforms...I doubt he could have made that team either.

Could he have been on this list if he would have remained focused? Possibly...but what he turned into those last two years symbolized everything wrong with those teams. He should NOT be on this list to even be considered. He had his chance and blew it.

Totally disagree...for one reason - Corey McKeon was all mouth the last two years, put forth very little effort, and spent more time being a clown at the Brass Rail than playing football. I will never forget the pictures of him in the womens volleyball uniforms...I doubt he could have made that team either.

Could he have been on this list if he would have remained focused? Possibly...but what he turned into those last two years symbolized everything wrong with those teams. He should NOT be on this list to even be considered. He had his chance and blew it.

What do you disagree with? I said if he hadn't fallen off his last 2 years, which he did and which is what I was pointing out. He wasn't on the list either. I said if he would have continued to play like he did in 2005 he would have made it on the list. He didn't so he's not.

As for throwing it all away over partying, why is Terrell Farley still looked at as one of the best when he threw it all away by partying to much? Just a question I have always had.

What do you disagree with? I said if he hadn't fallen off his last 2 years, which he did and which is what I was pointing out. He wasn't on the list either. I said if he would have continued to play like he did in 2005 he would have made it on the list. He didn't so he's not.

As for throwing it all away over partying, why is Terrell Farley still looked at as one of the best when he threw it all away by partying to much? Just a question I have always had.

:clap Actually when I reread that...I guess I wasn't disagreeing, was I? I have a bad taste in my mouth with Corey, probably because he did have talent, and he chose to set that aside...and he did run his mouth shooting down players that had done more than he had and professing his greatness. Too bad he didn't show it on the field.

I don't have an answer when it comes to Farley. I also don't remember him shooting off his mouth like Corey either...and that may be the difference. I am not going to say he didn't do it, he may have - I didn't constantly hear about him doing it, like I did with Corey. As it has been stated multiple times in the past...kids this age will party. The difference (besides talent level obviously) can be how they handle the partying. Some can, and some make total asses of themselves making statements that in 20 years they will be sorry they ever made, as well as having regrets about what may have been.