Top 5 "worst Husker moments" in the modern era

1) Brooks Dying, cause that human treagedy stuff gets me the most...

2) Hearing Husker fans claim the opton was dead. What was dead was the defense and the depth of talent. Put a real blackshirt defense behind Eric Crouch and that would have been a much better team.... I blame BC for burying my beloved option...

3) Tech laying 70 and then acting like fools while they did it. It was not classy how they did it, but that does not surprise me, Tech is not classy.

4) KU ending the streak in a game that was closer than the fairly disparate score, then the next time around beating the Huskers emphatically, in a game that was not close and KU scored pretty much every possession.. I must admit I was not sad, but it did show how much things had changed, and I would have to put it on the list.

5) Houston Nutt turning down the Husker job. That was not a good thing to come out, especially so publicly....

What are you a Jayhawk/Husker fan :lol: I'm so confused :dunno

Jayhawk fan.

I still like the Huskers and how they run their program. I follow KU first, and my loyalty is there, but that does not stop me from being able to appreciate the traditions and how they run their program. KU would often not have a good team when I was a kid, so I would have lots of time to watch other schools to settle the Big 8 and in Bowls, so I grew to really like Nebraska. It was not the Huskers fault that KU had bad football when I was little, though, and I was not ashamed of KU. We just were not good for a lot of those years in football, so if you followed the league, we were out of the race. When your favorite sport was college football and you were a die hard Jayhawk, you still found ways to appreciate college football. I am much happier with a good team now, but I been going to the games for 30 years now... I earned some sunshine on my arse :)

some of those moment suck. Heartbreakers. I know some of the old ones where bad and they never pass. I had a company rep that I worked with who was on the 78 team. We razzed eachother about games. ( he knows I am a big MU fan) but 78 was off limits. That loss to MU to this day still hurts him. Its been 30 years and he acts like it happened yesterday. I know other NU fans who feel the same. There were a lot of people from my understanding already with plans to go the National title game. To bad they didnt tell Phil Bradley, James Wilder and Kellen Winslow. :facepalm:;) LOL J/K fellas

Some of these I would expect but one REALLY surprises me. Last year MU game. It seems like some of you were in fairly tale land if you thought NU would win that game. It was lambs to the slaughter. Nothing personal guys. I meet and drank with plenty of NU fans at that game who let me know that they didnt have high hopes going in. Hell my section was empty by the mid point of the second quarter. I just dont see the heartbreak. The only thing I can think of that would put this on the list is the fact that you were expected to get killed by a team. That is not a feeling many of you are used too.

Side note- that old player says to this day, the Wilder 'kung-fu' chop and run to the endzone was one of the best plays he has ever seen or been a part of.

Is it football season yet.... :lol::woo

Last year MU game. It seems like some of you were in fairly tale land if you thought NU would win that game. It was lambs to the slaughter.

I think most Husker fans have written that off considering the way Missouri played at the end of the year compared to the beginning. Not to knock on them, but their performances following that OSU game (and the OSU game itself) was nothing compared to how they started the season. I think after Missouri lost to Kansas, a team we beat, it was frustrating for some because many started to wish we could have gone up against Mizzou near the end of the season instead of the start, because the outcome may have been different. :box

Couldn't agree with you more on that. *internet high five*

Last year MU game. It seems like some of you were in fairly tale land if you thought NU would win that game. It was lambs to the slaughter.

I think most Husker fans have written that off considering the way Missouri played at the end of the year compared to the beginning. Not to knock on them, but their performances following that OSU game (and the OSU game itself) was nothing compared to how they started the season. I think after Missouri lost to Kansas, a team we beat, it was frustrating for some because many started to wish we could have gone up against Mizzou near the end of the season instead of the start, because the outcome may have been different. :box

Couldn't agree with you more on that. *internet high five*

I couldnt agree more. Their play down the stretch was average at best and CD's play was awful. you know it was bad when people were calling for Patton to come in. But the day of that day, Mu and NU were in two different worlds. They may have ended up being much closer by the end, but to start the season there were not to many teams playing better than MU, and NU was still a long way from where they ended. Hind sight being 20/20 is see it, (lambs to the slaugher is a little harse knowing what we know today) but not at the time.....

*intenet high five* "slap hands, slap hands" :cheers

1. Tommy Frazier not getting the Heisman

2. Bill Callahan announcing a West Coast offense for Nebraska

3. Nebraska Huskers 2004 and 2007 seasons

4. Pederson and Callahans contract extensions

5. 1994 Orange Bowl game lose to FSU

3. Texas 22, Nebraska 20 (11.21.06): I was at this game. Texas was ranked #5. Weather was really sh**ty which helped the crowd get nuts (something about a good blizzard or pouring rain helps people lose their social inhibitions... a good gameday substitute for alcohol). Up 20-19 late in the fourth, Terrance Nunn catches a quick slant for a first down that would have allowed us to run out the clock and win the game, but fumbles and Texas recovers to set up for the game winning field goal.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The loss of a game is always hard but you do get over the pain.

The loss of Brook Berringer (fixed it for ya!!) was and still is tragic its the type of hurt that you never get over.

T_O_B

:yeah Still hurts to think about how much he still had to offer the world. Not to sound too gay or anything, but what a man!! He is by far my favorite all-time Husker and I even named my little girl after him.

Brooke Taryn

n17008953_38314278_4339581.jpg

Steve Pederson was not the Athletic Director during and immediately following the 2002 (7-7) season.

The Huskers were 7-6 when SP took over as AD. I saw him in Shreveport. Had he fired Frank after the Indy bowl Callahan would have still been employed by the Raiders and would have never set foot in Lincoln. No way to tell how that would have worked out. Probably not any better than it did. Letting Fank rebuild the staff only to fire him a year later was the worst possible choice.

Steve Pederson was not the Athletic Director during and immediately following the 2002 (7-7) season.

The Huskers were 7-6 when SP took over as AD. I saw him in Shreveport. Had he fired Frank after the Indy bowl Callahan would have still been employed by the Raiders and would have never set foot in Lincoln. No way to tell how that would have worked out. Probably not any better than it did. Letting Fank rebuild the staff only to fire him a year later was the worst possible choice.

Except he was fired from the Raiders.

Except he was fired from the Raiders.

No, because it would have been the 2002-03 season, the year Callahan took the Raiders to the Super Bowl.