Can Cody Green step in like Robert Griffin?

He is big and is it possible he could step in and get 3000 yards 28 TDs and only 3 INTs like Griffin? Griffin had 800 plus yards rushing and tossed over 2K on a below average team. Could Cody do the same on a much stronger team?

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not. I think it's still more likely than not that he redshirts even given Witt's defection and Spano's injury.

He is big and is it possible he could step in and get 3000 yards 28 TDs and only 3 INTs like Griffin? Griffin had 800 plus yards rushing and tossed over 2K on a below average team. Could Cody do the same on a much stronger team?

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not. I think it's still more likely than not that he redshirts even given Witt's defection and Spano's injury.

:yeah

It's possible but not likely, as carlfense said. Besides, I'm 100% confident in what Lee can do and I am a full believer that he is physically better than Ganz and could be much better than him because he understands what it takes to be the Nebraska QB.

Griffin may be very good but his team will never be a conference title contender as long as he has eligibility. And do people think Briles is really going to stay at Baylor? If he brings Baylor up (similar to what Gill did at Buffalo), Briles will be out of there in a heartbeat.

Plus, I'd rather have Green here for 5 years then just 4.

He has the potential to do it. But I doubt it because even if he does play freshman year it will probably be split time with Lee

Can we issue some boardwide ban of Cody Green topics?

At least until fall camp starts? I'm going to lost my mind seeing all these threads about the same thing.

They'll keep popping up very now and then, especially after spring ball when the REAL off season starts and we all start losing our minds further.

:throw

No Green wont because he is a TRUE freshman and it is impossible for him to do it!!!!!

Robert Griffin was a TRUE FRESHMAN also, that came in the spring and ran track and took part in spring ball. Do not compare Lee to Ganz, it's not like he was all conference or All-American. Lee needs to be great for NU to win, and Baylor didn't think Griffin would start either, but he beat out a Miami transfer and a returning starter.

Robert Griffin was a TRUE FRESHMAN also, that came in the spring and ran track and took part in spring ball. Do not compare Lee to Ganz, it's not like he was all conference or All-American. Lee needs to be to hand off the ball great for NU to win, and Baylor didn't think Griffin would start either, but he beat out a Miami transfer and a returning starter.

fixed it for you.

No Green wont because he is a TRUE freshman and it is impossible for him to do it!!!!!

Griffin was a true freshman as borNred said.

Also, it's not impossible for true freshman to compete. Just look at how good Ahman Green was his freshman year. That guy was one of the better backs in the country and he was only 18-19 at the time and didn't even redshirt.

Griffin was a true freshman as borNred said.

Also, it's not impossible for true freshman to compete. Just look at how good Ahman Green was his freshman year. That guy was one of the better backs in the country and he was only 18-19 at the time and didn't even redshirt.

When did the Big Red get a DOMINANT running game?