Next Commits?

call me crazy, but waiting on some kid to "blow up" and hoping to recruit him at the last minute is not a comprehensive strategy. we are flat out losing the recruiting battle, for whatever reason and that has got to change and soon or this team will be lucky to just compete in the Big 12.

we all know this and it is highly unlikely we even finish with a top 30 recruiting class for 2010. wide receivers and good linemen seem hard to recruit here.

call me crazy, but waiting on some kid to "blow up" and hoping to recruit him at the last minute is not a comprehensive strategy. we are flat out losing the recruiting battle, for whatever reason and that has got to change and soon or this team will be lucky to just compete in the Big 12.

we all know this and it is highly unlikely we even finish with a top 30 recruiting class for 2010. wide receivers and good linemen seem hard to recruit here.

Only two teams with fewer than 18 commits have been in the top 30 in the last several years (Florida and Ohio State). Being top 30 isn't probable for us this year.

And I didn't advocate waiting on kids to blow up to offer as a strategy (out of all that I typed, this is all you pick out?), just that if it looks like the board is thinning that we can still get quality players (and we don't really know what the board looks like anyway).

Look, if you want to worry about recruiting, be my guest. If you want to use stars as your measure of a recruits future performance instead of just waiting to see how they perform, again, feel free. We have a season right around the corner that I am excited for. I'm not really concerned about how we may or may not succeed 2-4 years down the road because of a recruiting class that may or may not be ranked high, and regardless of ranking may or may not produce some terrific players for us.

Only two teams with fewer than 18 commits have been in the top 30 in the last several years (Florida and Ohio State). Being top 30 isn't probable for us this year.

And I didn't advocate waiting on kids to blow up to offer as a strategy (out of all that I typed, this is all you pick out?), just that if it looks like the board is thinning that we can still get quality players (and we don't really know what the board looks like anyway).

Look, if you want to worry about recruiting, be my guest. If you want to use stars as your measure of a recruits future performance instead of just waiting to see how they perform, again, feel free. We have a season right around the corner that I am excited for. I'm not really concerned about how we may or may not succeed 2-4 years down the road because of a recruiting class that may or may not be ranked high, and regardless of ranking may or may not produce some terrific players for us.

If we get who we want over the season b/c of great visits, we could break into the top 30 recruiting classes. Also, just remember who says what school is in the top 30.....the same people who say one kid is a 4 :star and one kid is a 3 :star .