Next Commits?

Actually it looks like our class may be just slightly below average this year. At first I was hearing anywhere bt 15-17 recruits this year. With Culbert, Rogers, Wald, Witt, and Leverson leaving that brings us up to about 20-22 for this year. If you look at any class by rivals 20th-25th usually has about 5-7 four stars and the rest three stars. 10th-15th usually has maybe 1 five star about 10 four stars and the rest three stars. With four four stars already and probably about 3-5 more on the horizon why wouldnt we be able to crack the top 20? Just relax for the love, if we can pull in Carter that will be two four star WR's a four star QB and from the looks of who we have and who we are on a hell of an OL class. The defensive side is a little weak right now but if we can get Mobley, Chance Carter and maybe Vestal that would be a pretty good DE class. We could also get lucky and land one of Jeffcoat, Powell, or Ferguson. We have a ton of young LB so we might only take two and we are on some good ones. Favors, Lewis, Veheko, Gilliam are all very good prospects. I never thought we would land Green, Washington, Williams, or Ankrah last year but we did. This staff obviously can recruit just give them time to work, its mid summer.

Good breakdown huskers1. Carter, right now, is a three star but I read somewhere (maybe his profile) he is all but guaranteed to be getting a fourth soon... interesting, considering Scout's Top 40 had him at 18th. Kinda low for a 4 star kid that is as hyped as he is. Defensively: You've got to remember that if we land Vestal somehow, he would likely come with Diamonte Wheeler... that's called a two-fer. Chance Carter, I think, is a lock to be N if we can get him to visit. Mobley's impressive athletically and could play a number of positions... I personally want him at WR... he'd be a monster. But many have him pegged as a DE. CU has a better shot at that 10 wins (right Hawkins?) or, if you prefer, Mangino has a better shot at denying himself a milkshake, then we do of landing Jackson Jeffcoat. Powell's interesting... maybe if Eric Martin can pull some strings with the kid and get him to visit, it could go somewhere... doubt it tho. He'll stay in Cali. Ferguson we have the best shot at... He already said he may visit, and we should just turn Papuchis loose to cover his native Maryland kids like we did with Ankrah last year. I know Walker Ashburn is interested. We have other good D Line prospects though... two from LA: Elliot Porter and Damien Jacobs, both tackles. Uko's probably a pipe dream, but maybe with a visit- who knows. There've been articles about Jay Guy, Cal commit, looking around. Might get a visit there too. Beau Allen from MN may be realistic. Kenny Mack has an offer- if he came, he'd be a grayshirt the first year, then could redshirt the second... could be around 6 years. You've gotta think Lewis would be a longshot at this point, although I feel we have a much better shot with his teammate, Harvey Jackson... a safety prospect. I'd love to land Veheko somehow... need to secure a visit, as is the case with many of these kids. Gilliam looks to be somewhat new on our recruiting scene, but is a good prospect on paper... 200+ lb. guy that can run. Toney Hurd, Jr., Derron Smith, and Ciante Evans are all kids at CB you'd think we have a decent shot at. Defensively, we'll get there... we just gotta wait it out.

RB Braylon Heard (from Cardinal Mooney H.S. in Youngstown) committed to West Virginia.

wow,,,you would have thought he would have been a sure lock...bet the kid has some connections with west virginia...like a girl friend going there..

sort of agree with above threads..nu has sort of hit a dry spell, and it just continues.......its a long ways off till feb...but lot of teams in the big 12 have allmost completed recruiting....wow...look at texas.

For the life of me, I have no idea why A@M keeps pulling in so many quality athletes... sure, because they're in Texas, but did any of these kids committing there actually see the team Mike Sherman put on the field last year? :blink:

ATM will always get their share of good recruits, even with meh coaching. They are the sleeping giant of college football. If they ever make the right hire they will be a power.

For the life of me, I have no idea why A@M keeps pulling in so many quality athletes... sure, because they're in Texas, but did any of these kids committing there actually see the team Mike Sherman put on the field last year? :blink:

ATM will always get their share of good recruits, even with meh coaching. They are the sleeping giant of college football. If they ever make the right hire they will be a power.

:yeah

sort of agree with above threads..nu has sort of hit a dry spell, and it just continues.......its a long ways off till feb...but lot of teams in the big 12 have allmost completed recruiting....wow...look at texas.

Alot of Big XII have almost completed recruiting?

Colorado - 4 commits

Missouri - 7 commits

Iowa State - 5 commits

Kansas State - 5 commits

Kansas - 7 commits

Baylor - 7 commits

Texas Tech - 10 commits

Oklahoma State - 11 commits

Oklahoma - 15 commits

Texas - 19 commits

Texas A&M - 19 commits

Aside from Texas, A&M, and Oklahoma there is alot of recruiting left to be done in the Big XII.

I swear people have selective amnesia when it comes to recruiting. Texas does this every single year yet people manage to freak out every single year when they compare the amounts commits early on between us and Texas.

Yea cmon guys don't flip out... just be patient. Last year, at this time, we had the same number of commits ( in fact, Cody Green committed one year and 3 days ago). This may just be like the dry spell we had last year after T Mart committed... we went almost two months without a commit. It's just a waiting game... we'll get ours.

I would definately say that we are in better shape at this point compared to last year. No offense to Pensick or Zimmerer but they were both in state guys who were hardly recruited if at all by D1 schools so we had no competition there. Thad Randle turned out to be really good but I dont think he had any offers early either and Robinson was a 5.7 three star in the beginning but dropped a bit. Green was the only one where we had to battle other schools. Even our lone in state commit was thinking about taking other visits and we beat out north rivals for two others. I say we are doing just fine.