NU talked to Paulus

If he really wants to start, I think he’ll have to look at a 1-AA (or whatever it’s called now). I just don’t see a kid who’s been out of the game for four years coming into any 1-A program and starting. It doesn’t make much sense from a program’s standpoint, because he’ll only be around one year.

However if he’s open to possibly coming off then bench then he’ll get a year of experience in a pro style offense by coming here. And if he can make a serviceable back up, we’ll get the luxury of red shirting someone this season we otherwise wouldn’t be able to (Green? Washington?, Martinez?).

I see Marve and Paulus as completely separate issues – Marve can’t play this year no matter what and Paulus can only play this year. What one decides to do shouldn’t have much effect on the other. If we have the schollies, I say take both. Effectively, Paulus fills Spano’s shoes for this year and Marve takes the place of Witt for the two after that.

Well, there's Michigan. Seems like a much more probably destination, and where I first heard about Paulus actually. I doubt he will want to come here given that we have Lee and he only has one year. He wants to be able to start, and he can't when he's coming in light years behind someone in the system.

Nevertheless, the fact that we talked to him indicates the coaches are less than confident about our QB depth - as they should be, because again, we are one injury away from being in real trouble. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

If I'm not mistaken, his offer to play at Michigan was redacted. It was in either a OWH or LJS article.

Well, there's Michigan. Seems like a much more probably destination, and where I first heard about Paulus actually. I doubt he will want to come here given that we have Lee and he only has one year. He wants to be able to start, and he can't when he's coming in light years behind someone in the system.

Nevertheless, the fact that we talked to him indicates the coaches are less than confident about our QB depth - as they should be, because again, we are one injury away from being in real trouble. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

If I'm not mistaken, his offer to play at Michigan was redacted. It was in either a OWH or LJS article.

I think they mutually decided to go a different direction...so I think Michigan is out.

Syracuse (close to where he grew up and a place he could possibly start next year) seems like another viable option for him...he may visit this weekend.

Simply a backup if he comes here. No schollie ate up and guy might provide depth.

Spano will be back by start of fall camp too so either way..??

I agree he won't be more than a backup here, barring a complete disaster anyway.

He should just find the best position coach he can to study under for a year. Because he's really just trying to knock off some rust before next years draft anyway.

Are you kidding me. This kid picked basketball because he couldn't hack it in collge as a QB. Gatoraid player of the year? He got worked in the all star game that year and looked inept doing it. He went to Duke to play B-ball because he had a chance to start as a frosh, but couldn't hold down the job as a sr. Really, if you need to piss away a schollie for next year, I'm sure there are about a hundread D2, FCS, Juco guys who would happy to help NU keep the bench warm.

Are you kidding me. This kid picked basketball because he couldn't hack it in collge as a QB. Gatoraid player of the year? He got worked in the all star game that year and looked inept doing it. He went to Duke to play B-ball because he had a chance to start as a frosh, but couldn't hold down the job as a sr. Really, if you need to piss away a schollie for next year, I'm sure there are about a hundread D2, FCS, Juco guys who would happy to help NU keep the bench warm.

Wow, you make this guy sound like an average joe. Let me see, he was Gatoraid player of the year in football, and played four years at one of the all time best basketball schools at Duke, sounds like a serious stud to me. I don't really care if he comes here or not, but average joe's don't get offered scholarships by the best schools in the country in two different sports.

I would much rather have Paulus than Marve even though I hate Duke

Ummm....................................What?!?!?!?!

Paulus was National Gatorade player of the year and doesn't have the behavior problems Marve has. Plus he works hard and can play this year.

Wow, you make this guy sound like an average joe. Let me see, he was Gatoraid player of the year in football, and played four years at one of the all time best basketball schools at Duke, sounds like a serious stud to me. I don't really care if he comes here or not, but average joe's don't get offered scholarships by the best schools in the country in two different sports.

Yeah, you're right, silly me. I just hope he has room on his trophy self for that Gatorade heisman trophy he'll get next year.

Two things.

First - He played New York State football, which is atrocious. He had good numbers but still, New York football is one of if not the weakest football state in the whole country.

Second - This guy was a starter and then got benched last year and didn't start very much. He is also a fairly popular internet joke because of all the time he has "eaten a guy's shorts", or in other words dunked on.

First - He played New York State football, which is atrocious. He had good numbers but still, New York football is one of if not the weakest football state in the whole country.

"weakest football states"? Don't you mean one of the weakest states in general (weakest being Jersey)?