NU talked to Paulus

With all the Marve talk...there seems to be another option at a transfer QB...

this one would be able to ACTUALLY play next year...although only for next year.

What does everyone think of this? Do we need him? Do we want him?

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10613706

This one sort of makes sense for Nebraska as I think we could use the depth come fall, but since he apparently wants a chance to compete for the starting job, I don't think Nebraska would work for him.

Yeah, not so much thrilled about this prospect. He's obviouly very atheletic but not playing the game for 4 years and than trying to go to DIV 1, that's one helava strech. Also, at 6'2" and 180 lbs, he's not the meatest guy. I would think it would take awhile just getting into "football" shape.

Ultimately, Martinez, Ebke , or even Kellog would probaly be better options.

Or, just give the ball to Suh, I'm sure not going to tackle that guy and if I intercepted his pass, he might eat me.

Yeah, not so much thrilled about this prospect. He's obviouly very atheletic but not playing the game for 4 years and then trying to go to DIV 1, that's one helava strech.

:yeah

He'd come here with absolutely no knowledge of the offense, he'd be last on the depth chart and would probably never see the field. Offering this kid a scholarship makes even less sense to me than Marve's offer.

Good grief Charlie Brown, are Bo, Shawn and the rest of the Nebraska coaches losing their collective and respective minds?

I think DeMareo Darrah the QB for the Iowa Lightning, a semi-pro team, has some college eligibility left...maybe Bo and Shawn should give him a call.

Or, better yet one of my friends has a 13 year old son who wants to play college football let's give him a scholarship.

:bang

Yeah, not so much thrilled about this prospect. He's obviouly very atheletic but not playing the game for 4 years and then trying to go to DIV 1, that's one helava strech.

:yeah

He'd come here with absolutely no knowledge of the offense, he'd be last on the depth chart and would probably never see the field. Offering this kid a scholarship makes even less sense to me than Marve's offer.

Good grief Charlie Brown, are Bo, Shawn and the rest of the Nebraska coaches losing their collective and respective minds?

I think DeMareo Darrah the QB for the Iowa Lightning, a semi-pro team, has some college eligibility left...maybe Bo and Shawn should give him a call.

Or, better yet one of my friends has a 13 year old son who wants to play college football let's give him a scholarship.

:bang

He has just as much chance as LTW. He was National player of the year in h.s, and LTW has not played QB since h.s either. Why not get this guy, and RS LTW? I mean this guy must have some skill if the Packers are working him out. I don't think the coaches are crazy for looking at different options.

Something to keep in mind is that NU has virtually no risk with this kid. Even if he completely tanks, it doesn't affect our schollie limits for the 2010 class we're currently recruiting. The only possible negative I can think of is that there's one less schollie for a walk-on this fall.

Why is Nebraska considering this at all. We, above all people, should know that this quick-fix strategy doesn't work. Does everyone remember "Super" Sam Keller? How did that turn out? Keller was even somewhat of a proven commodity.

Talking about these guys like Marve and Paulus coming in and running the team is complete and utter hogwash. It would be one thing if they were coming from high school, but being that they aren't, they have a double whammy of problems that follow them to school. First, new system, not enough time. Pretty self-explanatory. Two, you get Ney Yokers like Paulus and South Florida thug wannabes like Marve that bring their old school's/region's attitude with them and immediately clash with the team's cohesion. They are never accepted, the team doesn't like them, other schools laugh at us.

Y'all, let's please petition the coaching staff to not let another Sam Keller situation happen again. It may work at some other positions, (DeMarrio was awesome) but not at quarterback at Nebraska.

Why is Nebraska considering this at all. We, above all people, should know that this quick-fix strategy doesn't work. Does everyone remember "Super" Sam Keller? How did that turn out? Keller was even somewhat of a proven commodity.

Talking about these guys like Marve and Paulus coming in and running the team is complete and utter hogwash. It would be one thing if they were coming from high school, but being that they aren't, they have a double whammy of problems that follow them to school. First, new system, not enough time. Pretty self-explanatory. Two, you get Ney Yokers like Paulus and South Florida thug wannabes like Marve that bring their old school's/region's attitude with them and immediately clash with the team's cohesion. They are never accepted, the team doesn't like them, other schools laugh at us.

Y'all, let's please petition the coaching staff to not let another Sam Keller situation happen again. It may work at some other positions, (DeMarrio was awesome) but not at quarterback at Nebraska.

Im against Marve comming in, but I'm intrigued by Paulus. Since he was a bigtime h.s QB, and has the wheels of a basketball point guard, why not give him a shot. I would love to have a good backup for Lee, and RS LTW and Green. Its not going to be another Sam Keller situation, because he will not be promised the job, and I doubt he could beat out Lee.

I don't think Paulus is going to bring any New York attitude to Nebraska. He never had any problems at Duke and even supported Coach K's decision to have him come off the bench this year after he started his first three years at Duke. If that is not an example of a true leader and a good kid, I don't know what is. I would like to see Paulus get a shot at Nebraska. He can come in an be the number two or three quarterback on the depth chart and allow Green or LTW to redshirt. I don't see any negatives about Paulus being here.

I don't think Paulus is going to bring any New York attitude to Nebraska. He never had any problems at Duke and even supported Coach K's decision to have him come off the bench this year after he started his first three years at Duke. If that is not an example of a true leader and a good kid, I don't know what is. I would like to see Paulus get a shot at Nebraska. He can come in an be the number two or three quarterback on the depth chart and allow Green or LTW to redshirt. I don't see any negatives about Paulus being here.

I'm just not sure I understand his intentions. I mean, unless he goes to a school that is really hurtin' for any sort of QB, then he his going to be at best a second string guy. Most D1 schools have their QB set up for next year and have guys in place to take their current starters job when the time comes. Seems to me like he would be better off stickin with b-ball..but tha'ts just my opinion. And with him being gone so long, I don't see how he could come here and be a viable back up considering the size of our playbook and the talent behind Zac Lee.

It'd be nice, because then Green would be guaranteed a redshirt, but I'm still not sure I understand what this guy is trying to get at :dunno

Well, there's Michigan. Seems like a much more probably destination, and where I first heard about Paulus actually. I doubt he will want to come here given that we have Lee and he only has one year. He wants to be able to start, and he can't when he's coming in light years behind someone in the system.

Nevertheless, the fact that we talked to him indicates the coaches are less than confident about our QB depth - as they should be, because again, we are one injury away from being in real trouble. Hopefully it doesn't happen.