NU talked to Paulus

Second - This guy was a starter and then got benched last year and didn't start very much. He is also a fairly popular internet joke because of all the time he has "eaten a guy's shorts", or in other words dunked on.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with him playing football. The coach made a decision that he wasn't cutting it as a starter and put him on the bench. He didn't bitch about it, he played his role and tried to help the team in any way he could. Speaks very highly of his character I think. As far as getting dunked on and being an internet joke, well that just sounds like you don't like him no matter what (maybe you're a Duke hater, I don't know for sure). Yeah, he got dunked on, posterized, etc. He wasn't quick enough or big enough to do much about it on the defensive end. I'm just confused as to what any of that has to do with him playing football.

As I see it, if he had the same eligibility as Marve does, I would take him 99 times out of 100. He's proven he's a fighter and that he can handle pressure. Plus, he doesn't bring any of the negativity/baggage that someone like a Robert Marve does.

Are you kidding me. This kid picked basketball because he couldn't hack it in collge as a QB. Gatoraid player of the year? He got worked in the all star game that year and looked inept doing it. He went to Duke to play B-ball because he had a chance to start as a frosh, but couldn't hold down the job as a sr. Really, if you need to piss away a schollie for next year, I'm sure there are about a hundread D2, FCS, Juco guys who would happy to help NU keep the bench warm.

Wow, you make this guy sound like an average joe. Let me see, he was Gatoraid player of the year in football, and played four years at one of the all time best basketball schools at Duke, sounds like a serious stud to me. I don't really care if he comes here or not, but average joe's don't get offered scholarships by the best schools in the country in two different sports.

Two things.

First - He played New York State football, which is atrocious. He had good numbers but still, New York football is one of if not the weakest football state in the whole country.

Second - This guy was a starter and then got benched last year and didn't start very much. He is also a fairly popular internet joke because of all the time he has "eaten a guy's shorts", or in other words dunked on.

He must be at least "average" to get the national player of the year award even if it is New York. Also I have never heard the term "eaten a guy's shorts" before. :laughpound

First - He played New York State football, which is atrocious. He had good numbers but still, New York football is one of if not the weakest football state in the whole country.

"weakest football states"? Don't you mean one of the weakest states in general (weakest being Jersey)?

I seem to recall NU getting some mighty fine players out of that area. Penn St, Rutgers, and a few others do as well.

Are you kidding me. This kid picked basketball because he couldn't hack it in collge as a QB. Gatoraid player of the year? He got worked in the all star game that year and looked inept doing it. He went to Duke to play B-ball because he had a chance to start as a frosh, but couldn't hold down the job as a sr. Really, if you need to piss away a schollie for next year, I'm sure there are about a hundread D2, FCS, Juco guys who would happy to help NU keep the bench warm.

Wow, you make this guy sound like an average joe. Let me see, he was Gatoraid player of the year in football, and played four years at one of the all time best basketball schools at Duke, sounds like a serious stud to me. I don't really care if he comes here or not, but average joe's don't get offered scholarships by the best schools in the country in two different sports.

Two things.

He must be at least "average" to get the national player of the year award even if it is New York. Also I have never heard the term "eaten a guy's shorts" before. :laughpound

I'm sorry, where we looking for a guy who was an average QB 4 years ago to burn a schollie in a class that will already be of limited size?

"National player of the year" = "average"? Worked out by the Green Bay Packers...average?

This guy has one year - one! - and won't burn any schollies in this recruiting class because by the time they get here he'll be gone. Never mind that though, doesn't sound like he'll come anyways.

"National player of the year" = "average"? Worked out by the Green Bay Packers...average?

This guy has one year - one! - and won't burn any schollies in this recruiting class because by the time they get here he'll be gone. Never mind that though, doesn't sound like he'll come anyways.

Good point on the schollie, my bad. dud still sucks though.

Come on huskertim, tell us how you really feel about him. I think you have a man crush on the guy, don't you?

Who are you to evaluate talent? Really? Come on.... If he's getting serious looks from D1 schools and worked out with the Packers? But yes he flat out sucks. In fact, why don't you call up the Packers, I'm sure they'll work you out!

Some of your may already have read it, but I thought ESPN's Big 12 blogger's take on this last week was interesting:

Marve still looking, but would Paulus be better fit for Nebraska?

April 21, 2009 1:55 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

The Robert Marve Traveling Circus apparently made its way through Nebraska over the weekend as the wayward Miami quarterback considers the options for his next landing place.

Marve is said to be considering Nebraska, along with Texas Tech, among a group of five finalists.

And that could be the rub. The Cornhuskers might have a better immediate option with a transfer who could come in and help the program for the upcoming season.

The Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal-Star both confirmed earlier this week that Nebraska offensive coordinator Sean Watson has reached out to Duke point guard Greg Paulus, a former Gatorade National High School Player of the Year, about joining the Nebraska program.

Paulus played college basketball for four seasons with the Blue Devils but has talked about playing football again. He has flirted with heading directly for the NFL, but likely would need another season of seasoning in college football to convince NFL scouts he is a marketable prospect.

His high school skills caught the Cornhuskers' attention after high school. Paulus threw for 11,763 yards and went 42-3 during his career at Christian Brothers Academy near Syracuse, N.Y. His father even sent Cornhusker coaches tapes of his son in action when he was in high school.

And since he didn't redshirt for the Duke basketball team, Paulus would have one season of eligibility remaining in another sport. And because he's scheduled to finish his degree in four years, he could transfer to any graduate school and compete immediately, if he was granted a waiver by the NCAA.

Paulus met with Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez and was at Syracuse on Tuesday meeting with the Orange's coaching staff.

But Nebraska might represent an ideal place for him to end up.

The Cornhuskers have many pieces of a strong offensive team that should be able to compete for the Big 12 North title. And with the recent knee injury to Kody Spano and the still uncertain situations of incoming freshman Cody Green and converted linebacker Latravis Washington, Paulus would increase the Cornhuskers' depth even if he couldn't unseat projected starter Zac Lee.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said Tuesday he is comfortable with his current quarterback situation and doubted that the Cornhuskers would add another player at the position.

"For this fall, I don't think so," Pelini said. "You are always looking to upgrade players, but it has to be the right guy. I have confidence in what those guys bring. And we're fortunate we have a great guy (Watson) coaching them. We'll be well-equipped at quarterback and we'll get them coached up and be competitive."

Paulus, however, would be attractive to bridge the gap. I've got to believe he could help the Cornhuskers and have a lot of fun competing at one of the nation's most tradition-steeped powers.

If Paulus arrived, he would increase competition at the position. More importantly, he would allow the Cornhuskers to preserve a season for Green by allowing him to redshirt in 2009. Spano would not have to be rushed back into the lineup this season and Washington would not have to be counted as the team's immediate backup quarterback.

Marve wouldn't be as attractive for Pelini because of his baggage at Miami, where he was suspended twice last season by coach Randy Shannon.

And since Marve wouldn't be eligible until 2010, he would cut into the development time of Green, who is regarded as the Cornhuskers' quarterback of the future after a record-breaking high school career in Dayton, Texas.

It would be interesting to see if either Marve or Paulus would seriously consider the Cornhuskers.

Out-of the-box thinking? Maybe.

But still worthy of consideration as Pelini tries to restore the Cornhuskers to one of national elite programs.

Oh, Come-on..

You've never heard Larry the Cableguy talk about Edible Underbritches?

Or Bud-Light's

?

But looking at "

", it looks like he can take a sack ( :laughpound sorry)..(although not very mobile).

Anybody know his Major? Maybe he wants to coach..and would like to learn more about college Feetsball.

It would be nice not to have to rely on just Washington next season if Lee goes down..but it would be awful if he took over Lee's starting position (unlikely)..Then, we'd be probably having a one-and-out at QB for the next two years..

But it might give Green (or Martinez) a better opportunity to start in 2010 with no incumbent (returning starter) to have to beat.