Manny Ramirez

They said a doctor prescribed him some medication that tested positive for MLB's list of banned substances. not a big deal

Him taking the drugs isn't, but the 50 games punishment is. Try telling the Dodger's it isn't a big deal.

that's not what I meant. I mean, whenever someone tests "positive" for one of MLB's banned substances, all the talking heads and media morons scream steroids. I'm just saying that doesn't sound like the case here. From what I've heard on the radio and ESPN, it's just some medication the doctor prescribed him. But yeah, for the Dodgers it really hurts.

They said a doctor prescribed him some medication that tested positive for MLB's list of banned substances. not a big deal

Him taking the drugs isn't, but the 50 games punishment is. Try telling the Dodger's it isn't a big deal.

that's not what I meant. I mean, whenever someone tests "positive" for one of MLB's banned substances, all the talking heads and media morons scream steroids. I'm just saying that doesn't sound like the case here. From what I've heard on the radio and ESPN, it's just some medication the doctor prescribed him. But yeah, for the Dodgers it really hurts.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound like I was jumping down your throat. I totally agree with you. It really isn't a big deal that he took the drugs, plus he took them legally, just not in accordance with MLB regulation. 50 games though, wow!! Has he popped before?

I can almost imagine the scene...It was late Wednesday evening when the Baseball Gods gathered for their weekly meeting in the Heavens. "Hey," one Baseball God whispered to another, "the Dodgers have won thirteen in a row at home—they're the talk of baseball." Horrified at the news, the second Baseball God stood up and slammed his fist on the table. "How the f#*k did we let this happen? This is inexcusable! There are Dodger fans actually enjoying themselves? Actually believing in the team?" A few seconds of silence passed, and then a third Baseball God spoke up. "So, how do we punish Dodger fans?"....

If there was anyone that actually claim ignorance, its this dunce. I have reached some sort of sad, pathetic catharsis over this though. The Dodgers are for real. Kemp, Loney, Eithier, and Hudson are studs. So are Billingsley, Broxton and Kersahw. Who knows, they could use the 8 mil they are saving on Manny now to get an arm?

I can almost imagine the scene...It was late Wednesday evening when the Baseball Gods gathered for their weekly meeting in the Heavens. "Hey," one Baseball God whispered to another, "the Dodgers have won thirteen in a row at home—they're the talk of baseball." Horrified at the news, the second Baseball God stood up and slammed his fist on the table. "How the f#*k did we let this happen? This is inexcusable! There are Dodger fans actually enjoying themselves? Actually believing in the team?" A few seconds of silence passed, and then a third Baseball God spoke up. "So, how do we punish Dodger fans?"....

If there was anyone that actually claim ignorance, its this dunce. I have reached some sort of sad, pathetic catharsis over this though. The Dodgers are for real. Kemp, Loney, Eithier, and Hudson are studs. So are Billingsley, Broxton and Kersahw. Who knows, they could use the 8 mil they are saving on Manny now to get an arm?

I think you may be right!!

I can not stand Manny Ramirez because this guy is so into himself (Remember Boston) and its all about the money for him now. It took him forever to agree with a new contract with LA and finally agree to what a 2 yr deal worth 45 million for two years? He was complaining about getting paid 45 million for two years while the economy is in sh#t and there are a lot of hard working Americans with no jobs.

You know how I know that Manny did take some illegal substance......because he's not denying that it wasn't an illegal substance and he hasn't tried fighting this suspension.

Now according to ESPN they said that the substance that Manny took was to increase his testosterone level. Am I correct but isn't testosterone a steroid and by increasing your testosterone it'll boost up your aggression, power, strength, muscle trophism (building muscle), etc. In males, hCG mimics luteinizing hormone and helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes.

This info is coming from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...&id=4150444

Turns out that this physician he saw wasn't the team doctor -- the physician that 99 percent of all players see when they have a "personal health issue" during spring training or the season.

Turns out that this physician wasn't even located in the state of Arizona, where the Dodgers happened to be holding spring training at the time this "personal health issue" cropped up. He was actually located 2,000 miles away, in Florida.

Oh. OK.

Also turns out that the "personal health issue" was, well, what exactly? It was an issue that caused this physician to prescribe a female fertility drug, obviously. And already, you can feel Manny's seemingly innocent story crumbling like ancient Rome.

Manny knew what he was doing and got caught and now baseball will have a hard time coming out of this so called Steroid Era.

I can not stand Manny Ramirez because this guy is so into himself (Remember Boston) and its all about the money for him now. It took him forever to agree with a new contract with LA and finally agree to what a 2 yr deal worth 45 million for two years? He was complaining about getting paid 45 million for two years while the economy is in sh#t and there are a lot of hard working Americans with no jobs.

You know how I know that Manny did take some illegal substance......because he's not denying that it wasn't an illegal substance and he hasn't tried fighting this suspension.

Now according to ESPN they said that the substance that Manny took was to increase his testosterone level. Am I correct but isn't testosterone a steroid and by increasing your testosterone it'll boost up your aggression, power, strength, muscle trophism (building muscle), etc. In males, hCG mimics luteinizing hormone and helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes.

Turns out that this physician he saw wasn't the team doctor -- the physician that 99 percent of all players see when they have a "personal health issue" during spring training or the season.

Turns out that this physician wasn't even located in the state of Arizona, where the Dodgers happened to be holding spring training at the time this "personal health issue" cropped up. He was actually located 2,000 miles away, in Florida.

Oh. OK.

Also turns out that the "personal health issue" was, well, what exactly? It was an issue that caused this physician to prescribe a female fertility drug, obviously. And already, you can feel Manny's seemingly innocent story crumbling like ancient Rome.

Manny knew what he was doing and got caught and now baseball will have a hard time coming out of this so called Steroid Era.

Yeah but it wasn't steroids or even hgh for that matter. So we can't say that he was a user in the steroid era

If he was taking steroids then why were they not detected in this test? And if he's smart enough to take masking agents then why can't he mask the appropiate off cycle?

I will cede the point that Manny is an idiot, but until you prove otherwise that he is diabolical enough to take steroids, hide it, then stupid enough to not hide the counter agents, then you win.

After reading up on it more Ramirez took a substance called hCG and he didn't take a steroid which I think most of you already knew but its a substance that baseball players as well as other athlete steroid users used to restart their bodies natural testosterone production as they come off a steriod cycle. More of this info is found here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

ESPN reported earlier that testing showed Ramirez had used hCG, which is typically used by steroid users to restart their bodies' natural testosterone production as they come off a steroid cycle. It is similar to Clomid, the drug Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi and others used as clients of BALCO.

I find this quote quite odd because pretty much in my eyes shows why he's quilty of taking something that he knew is a banned substance.

While investigating, MLB obtained documents that indicated Ramirez's use of hCG, and it was those documents that formally were used to hand down the 50-game suspension. There was a chance Ramirez could have proved that the testosterone did not come from a banned substance, the MLB source said.

But this one is the real kicker. Ramirez had the chance to appeal his case with MLB officals in Los Angeles about his subspension but then backed out of it on the last minute....now why would he do this. My only guess is that he knew what he was taking and why he was taking it which I explained up above and he got caught. He knew that he couldn't prove why he was taking it other than using it to restart his natural testosterone level after steroid uses and he knew that he was screwed. Sh#t I'd appeal this subspension because I'm losing 7 million dollars and I'll miss 50 games but he drops out from the appeal and accepts the punishment which doesn't make sense if he's guilty as some people think.

Ramirez had scheduled an appeal and MLB officials were in Los Angeles to meet with him on Wednesday. Ramirez, however, withdrew the appeal Wednesday for the scheduled meeting and accepted the suspension. Under the union agreement, the drugs major league players test positive for are not named.

Now Ramirez could've tested positive for steroids or any other enhanced supplement but under Union agreement any drugs that MLB players test positive for are not named, so in other words we'll never know what he really tested positive for. All we know is that his doctor gave him hCG and his testosterone level was higher than what it should've been during spring ball.

Oh. OK.

Yeah but it wasn't steroids or even hgh for that matter. So we can't say that he was a user in the steroid era

Ahhhh, Yes you can if you know anything at all about steroid use. No doctor prescribes a female fertility drug to a man even if he did have some kind of natural hormone imbalance. The tests use to detect steroids, don't test for the substance itself, but the ratio of two hormones in the body that usually fall within a certain range of each other. When one hormone is through the roof, it usually means you have yourself a juicer!

Many athletes today just find doctors that are willing to treat them as if they are suffering from low testosterone. It happens in all sports, and has been going on for YEARS! I'm just saddened by all the so called "fans" I hear say things to lessen the responsibility of these athletes, and owners who have let these drugs run rampant through all sports. People want to act as if steroids aren't a big deal, and they don't care if athletes are juicing. Or worse yet that they are a necessary part of the game today.

Funny how pro wrestlers are always being labeled as out of control steroid freaks, and dangerous meat heads. But now that some of the evils of the more "legitimate" sports athletes are finally coming to light. Our attitudes have suddenly shifted. <_<

I personally know two players who play in major league baseball. They actually carry a card (issued to every player in MLB) with a 1-800 number who they can call a physician 24/7 to answer any questions about if a substance is on the MLB ban list or not. In other words, these players who say that they "had no idea what was in it", is a crock or horse sh#t!