Manny Ramirez

I just want to say to the member who said if a person's numbers do not fall within a certain range on a blood test for hormones they are juicing, you sir are wrong. I know plenty of natural bodybuilders who have never used any sort of drug and are scared to death of needles. All of them have had blood work done at one point or another for health checkups and the majority of them had "elevated" testosterone levels. I am one of them and I have never used drugs. You do realize there are people on this Earth who aren't fat and lazy and might have higher hormonal levels than other people who never exercise or just sit on their asses all day, right?

I personally know two players who play in major league baseball. They actually carry a card (issued to every player in MLB) with a 1-800 number who they can call a physician 24/7 to answer any questions about if a substance is on the MLB ban list or not. In other words, these players who say that they "had no idea what was in it", is a crock or horse sh#t!

Ah good.

The fact that you know two totally anon. baseball players who have that totally validates your argument.....

The best thing Manny could do at this point is to take the suspension and admit to it and be done. I am sure he does not want to sit down with Peter Gammons and have some scripted interview make him look even more guilty. Can't deny the presence of performance drugs in any sport, they have been around forever! It is too bad the leagues did not step in a long long time ago to implement stricter policies before the creation of the circus that it is now. I love baseball and played for many years, and i have seen kids 6' nothing 100 and nothing throw harder, run faster and hit farther than any beefed up guys. Taking drugs does "still" does not make you hit a 95 mph fastball.

The best thing Manny could do at this point is to take the suspension and admit to it and be done. I am sure he does not want to sit down with Peter Gammons and have some scripted interview make him look even more guilty. Can't deny the presence of performance drugs in any sport, they have been around forever! It is too bad the leagues did not step in a long long time ago to implement stricter policies before the creation of the circus that it is now. I love baseball and played for many years, and i have seen kids 6' nothing 100 and nothing throw harder, run faster and hit farther than any beefed up guys. Taking drugs does "still" does not make you hit a 95 mph fastball.

No, But they will make you hit a 95 mph fastball a hell of a lot farther! I love when people use this argument, especially the players. Because it's a load of crap! I suppose you believe that steroids are useless for pitchers too? Well I hate to break this to you, but steroids DO work, and that's why they are so freaking dangerous!

No, But they will make you hit a 95 mph fastball a hell of a lot farther! I love when people use this argument, especially the players. Because it's a load of crap! I suppose you believe that steroids are useless for pitchers too? Well I hate to break this to you, but steroids DO work, and that's why they are so freaking dangerous!

You love this argument because it's crap? It really isn't crap bud... It actually has a very valid point to it. Sure, the steroids will help you hit the ball a little bit further, but technique is WAY more important than strength in baseball.. I understand where you are coming from, but steroids do not provide as big of a benefit in baseball as they would in football... That's why without positive tests, it's really not easy to say oh yea he's on roids... Because if you have the talent you can be better than a guy doping... How about Stephen Strausburg? Is he on roids?

I personally know two players who play in major league baseball. They actually carry a card (issued to every player in MLB) with a 1-800 number who they can call a physician 24/7 to answer any questions about if a substance is on the MLB ban list or not. In other words, these players who say that they "had no idea what was in it", is a crock or horse sh#t!

Ah good.

The fact that you know two totally anon. baseball players who have that totally validates your argument.....

Wow who kicked you in the junk today? Did I say that it validated my argument? I am just passing on the information that I was showed.

Ah good.

Wow who kicked you in the junk today? Did I say that it validated my argument? I am just passing on the information that I was showed.

Your grammar kicked me in the junk today. Further, if you aren't validating your argument or expressing your opinion what exactly are you doing?

I could really care less if he gets suspended for 50 games or not. I've never liked Manny Ramirez and the fact that he tried to act like he had no clue what he was taking or whatever is laughable at best. Obviously he thinks people are dumber than hell if he thinks we are going to fall for that excuse. Take a seat Ramirez and try and get off the banned substances. They are watching pretty close these days if you couldn't tell.......... :wacko:

ok you just convinced me that everyone is on steroids... :sarcasm

Ah good.

Your grammar kicked me in the junk today. Further, if you aren't validating your argument or expressing your opinion what exactly are you doing?

Hmmm I didn't know you were the Grammar Police but anyways..........I am stating a fact....I could really care less if you believe me or not. It's obvious that you are butt hurt over Manny getting caught for "doping". The guy has been a prick since his days with the Indians. In other words...Karma is a real bitch!

Ah good.

Hmmm I didn't know you were the Grammar Police but anyways..........I am stating a fact....I could really care less if you believe me or not. It's obvious that you are butt hurt over Manny getting caught for "doping". The guy has been a prick since his days with the Indians. In other words...Karma is a real bitch!

Was your grammar kicked me in the junk today actually a comeback? :facepalm:

but blackshirtsguru i believe that you know two players but who are they? Kind of cool that you know a couple of people in the MLB

Yes it was a comeback. I believe that you cannot "own" anyone in an argument if you can't spell, speak or type.

And I'm awfully glad to seem to root for a team free of pricks, and the consequent karma bus that will perpetually avoid you......

Christ.

Yes it was a comeback. I believe that you cannot "own" anyone in an argument if you can't spell, speak or type.

And I'm awfully glad to seem to root for a team free of pricks, and the consequent karma bus that will perpetually avoid you......

Christ.

Interesting...........Not only are you the grammar police, but a messiah of internet forums. SUHWEEET! :dumdum

Ah good.

Was your grammar kicked me in the junk today actually a comeback? :facepalm:

but blackshirtsguru i believe that you know two players but who are they? Kind of cool that you know a couple of people in the MLB

I live in Port St Lucie, which is the spring training home for the New York Mets. My son's coach has relatives who work for the Mets organization. This past spring I had a chance to meet David Wright, and Sean Green at a BBQ that my sons coach was having. As we were sitting around eating and having a few beers, we got to talking about roids and other things in baseball. That is where I learned about a card that MLB handed out to all the players, in reference to banned substances and a 1-800 number. I have to say that I am not a big fan of the Mets, but David Wright is a damn nice guy, and a kick ass 3rd baseman.

Christ.

Hmmm since you have made such a big deal about spelling and grammatical errors, I though I might need to point out something to you. In the English language, you never begin a new sentence with the word AND. In other words, pot meet kettle! :dumdum Strange how that works, huh?!