Erwin Swiney

Ex-Husker Swiney, 2nd man get prison for pot

By The Associated Press

Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 10:45:49 am CDT

GRAND ISLAND — Former Husker football player Erwin Swiney and another Texas man have been given Nebraska prison time for 41 pounds of marijuana.

The 30-year-old Swiney, of Cedar Hill, Texas, and 32-year-old Lavegeano Holmes, of Dallas, were sentenced Tuesday in Hall County. Both got two-five years for possession with intent to distribute and 12-13 months for not having a drug tax stamp. The sentences are to be served at the same time.

Their attorneys say they’ll file appeals.

Court records say Swiney and Holmes were arrested Feb. 22, 2007, after a traffic stop on Interstate 80 near Grand Island in south-central Nebraska.

A search by the Nebraska State Patrol found the pot in luggage inside the vehicle.

Swiney was a Husker defensive back from 1997 through 2001.

http://journalstar.com/articles/2009/05/08...f8685960487.prt

Yet again. :bang

Rastafaraaiii!!

41 pounds? That would've lasted Lincoln at least a day.

I forgot about the drug stamp, Nebraska's clever little way to add time to a drug sentence. "You didn't buy you tax stamp, that doesn't exist, to pay taxes on drugs that are illegal to be selling in the first place"

I have a different question. Did Swiney graduate?

actually some states DO have a tax stamp for marijuana....and you can buy them but im sure you will be looked at suspiciously...

No, actually you can't purchase a tax stamp unless you have the marajuana on your person. Which unfortunately is itself a crime. Classic ENTRAPMENT if you ask me, but then just watching an episode of COPS will show you just how far the authorities are allowed to push that line anymore.

I would love to know how some of the boys in blue feel about these issues, but so far they have been less than forthright on the subject of legalization. What gives men? Do you own no opinions on these matters?

By The Associated Press

GRAND ISLAND — Former Husker football player Erwin Swiney and another Texas man have been given Nebraska prison time for 41 pounds of marijuana.

The 30-year-old Swiney, of Cedar Hill, Texas was a Husker defensive back from 1997 through 2001.

I thought Erwin Swiney was from Lincoln and went to Northeast? Or am I thinking of someone else?

No I'm right...

16 Swiney, Erwin DB 6-01 180 Fr. Lincoln, Neb. (Northeast)

1997 NU Roster

That's great journalism there...can't even get basic facts right.

By The Associated Press

The 30-year-old Swiney, of Cedar Hill, Texas was a Husker defensive back from 1997 through 2001.

I thought Erwin Swiney was from Lincoln and went to Northeast? Or am I thinking of someone else?

No I'm right...

16 Swiney, Erwin DB 6-01 180 Fr. Lincoln, Neb. (Northeast)

1997 NU Roster

You are correct Jen. Thats alot of time, for selling a plant that makes people happy, and has never killed anyone. Of course I had to quit, becuase being a lazy stoner was getting me nowhere in life.

No I'm right...

Maybe he moved and his official residency changed. Just guessing though.

That very well could be the case, however the writer of this story doesn't make that distinction.

I'm approaching this from the perspective that if it's relevant to mention that Swiney played football for the Huskers eight years ago, then it would be relevant to say where he was originally from as well.

Maybe I'm reaching here... :wacko:

No I'm right...

Maybe he moved and his official residency changed. Just guessing though.

That very well could be the case, however the writer of this story doesn't make that distinction.

I'm approaching this from the perspective that if it's relevant to mention that Swiney played football for the Huskers eight years ago, then it would be relevant to say where he was originally from as well.

Maybe I'm reaching here... :wacko:

Reay? You find knowing where people are from as interesting as if they played for the huskers?

So you are a regular poster at whereareyoufromboard.com too?

Why does where he is from make any difference here? 41 pounds of ganja. Thats the important part.