Virginia Tech game in Blacksburg

I think/hope it will be a terrific game. I am guessing Virginia Tech will be favored to win (unless they drop an early game), and I am not upset about that in the least. If I had to venture a guess right now I would guess that Virginia Tech wins by 7-10. It's very difficult for the visiting team to win in Blacksburg. That said, if the talent that was redshirted last year is half as good as some expect, the Huskers could really turn some heads this year. If that scenario plays out, particularly with outstanding line play on both sides of the ball, then the Huskers could very well win. Either way, I wish I could make it out to that game. I've heard good things about Blacksburg and we sure enjoyed having you folks in Lincoln last year even though you walked out with a win. :)

We think we might actually have an offense this year. The big question for the Hokies is whether or not we can get out of the gate quickly with Alabama and Nebraska sandwiched around Marshall. I know your team was improving as the year went along and I expect that it will be a good game in Blacksburg. Both Alabama and Nebraska will provide strong challenges for our offense and our line.

Hopefully, the Hokie Nations will show you the same hospitality we enjoyed except for the win.

I'll be one of the guys in red with a beer in his hand, stop by and say hi. :woo

If you don't have a beer in hand in Blacksburg on game-day something's wrong... You should wear your Husker jersey as well. I am pretty sure most of our fans will welcome you with "open coolers" too. Not too often we welcome visitors with 5 NCs on their resume!

Good afternoon. I first must say I appreciated the hospitality my wife and I enjoyed in Lincoln last year. A great place to enjoy a football game with excellent fans. What is your perspective this year on the game with Tech in Blacksburg?

1. It'll be a great game.

2. It'll be close, again and will go down to the wire.

3. The Huskers will be much better, especially on defense, this time around.

4. The key for Nebraska to win this game is to prevent, or severly limit, the ability of your QB to scramble.

5. The team that runs the ball better will win.

Good afternoon. I first must say I appreciated the hospitality my wife and I enjoyed in Lincoln last year. A great place to enjoy a football game with excellent fans. What is your perspective this year on the game with Tech in Blacksburg?

4. The key for Nebraska to win this game is to prevent, or severly limit, the ability of your QB to scramble.

VT runs the 40 nickel defense and will have home field. I think this will be a BIG L if the offense is not strong in the running game. It's hard to run vs V-tech, but this is a test to how strong you will be because no Big 12 team, save OU or Texas will play the run as strong as the Hokies.

VT runs the 40 nickel defense and will have home field. I think this will be a BIG L if the offense is not strong in the running game. It's hard to run vs V-tech, but this is a test to how strong you will be because no Big 12 team, save OU or Texas will play the run as strong as the Hokies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Hokie fan.... I go to ALL away games, my ex-wife told me it would be her or the Hokies (guess who won???), but if we were to lose a game next year I would by far prefer it to be to the Huskers (don't think it's going to happen, but if so I can live with it). Some of the main reasons why I like the Huskers in 2009:

1) Still miss the dominant teams of the 1990s (too young to remember the earlier teams)

2) Always saw them as tough, non-nonsense teams

3) My ex wife is a UT alum

4) Great fans - only been to Memorial one time (last year vs VT), but they know when to get loud and when to get quiet on O.

5) Great Midwestern friendliness. If I have to lose to someone I would much rather lose to someone classy. I think folks in Lincoln have that going for them.

Is the NU offense good enough to win in Blacksburg? I don't think so, but my vision may be blurred by living a mile from Lane Stadium....

Is the NU offense good enough to win in Blacksburg? I don't think so, but my vision may be blurred by living a mile from Lane Stadium....

Well I didn't think Tech's offense was good enough to win in Lincoln last year...but they did. <_<

And honestly, if Nebraska makes the same kind of stupid mistakes in Blacksburg that they did in Lincoln last year they won't win.

Well I didn't think Tech's offense was good enough to win in Lincoln last year...but they did. <_<

And honestly, if Nebraska makes the same kind of stupid mistakes in Blacksburg that they did in Lincoln last year they won't win.

HuskerJen, I think we both know that the NU team and coaching staff will be a year wiser and mature by September 19. I expect NU to be waaaay better this year, and I hope our team will improve as well. Our offense has obviously not been great lately, but luckily our type of football manages to make great teams look bad, especially at home. Not sure why I am so excited about these non-conference games, but I think having a chance to play an NU team on the rise is exciting no matter what. Hope to see many of you in Blacksburg :)

Centex-welcome to huskerboard and I hope you stick around and talk some football with us. I think it's going to be a close game again, but the main issue is going to be containing your QB. Our defense should be much better and in my honest opinion if we would've gotten you guys later in the season I think we would've won that game. We got much better towards the end of the season, but then again you guys were too shabby yourselves. Wish I could make it to that game as it's going to be a good one.

It is nice to have an opponent on here that is not a troll...I hope it is another good game this year, but NU winning of course. I think the improvement NU made throughout the year was great and they will be able to carry over that confidence next fall.

I think it is going to come down to containing your QB and then if our QB can lead the team. Here is to a good game and some good football talk!

My friends and I had a blast with the seven Hokie fans we "adopted" at our tailgate last year. From mutual love of the game, our teams, beer :cheers , autumn Saturdays, hatred of Miami and FSU :cop: , beer :wasted , and more beer, it was truly a great pregame experience. Wish I could enjoy the sights of Blacksburg that I heard about but the wife would probably castrate me for leaving her here with my two boys Hellion and Rebellion.

Anyhow, this should be a great game. My biggest concern though isn't containing Tyrod, it's not making him look like the second coming of Peyton Manning with his arm. That probably was worst our safeties looked last year(as if the rest of the year they were stellar...ok probably not). Our pass coverage was horrible in that game.

Now you got this RB that tore Miami, I believe, a new butthole and he is a very serious threat with the ball. Limit him and I like or chances a little better.

Replacing your LB crew will be huge so I hope they grow up big the first week for your sakes. I also think losing Harris is huge. The guy was a freak and I dreaded playing him TWO years ago, damn why didn't he go pro. Luckily you guys like us should have a strong DLine, and that itself can hide flaws in your back seven.

I'd love to call the game a wash, but Tech gets the edge. On the road, where you are tough as hell and Bud Foster's run defense will be too much for us.

However,I will be screaming loud for my Skers and hoping for the best.

PS If for some unforeseen asinine reason we wear all White uniforms I won't even watch the game for it will be a Hokie ROUT. Mark it down.

PPS Oh boy I hope this may spark another ALL WHITE UNIFORM THREAD dedhoarse:clap