Paulus to Syracuse

Really, this is good for NU. I don't think we needed this type of media distraction. I mean, think about it, instead of announcers talking about the rebuilding and sucess Bo & Co. are working on, there would be times where they would talk about this kid and how he hasn't played for 3-4 years and everything. Plus how long do you think Bo would be willing to answer questions about his playing time(or lack there of)?

If he had even 2 yrs to learn the system, then maybe the benefit would outway the risk, but I just didn't see him contributing in a positive manner in such a short time.

Wish him luck at the QUZ

Shocking.

But we definitely needed a player like Paulus, but I can completely understand why he chose 'Cuse. He likely was not going to contribute here besides off the bench.

But from everything I have always heard about Paulus he was a quality person and a good locker room leader, which would have been a nice addition to our depleted QB core. Especially since we need to keep the RS year on our younger guys.

Shocking.

But we definitely needed a player like Paulus, but I can completely understand why he chose 'Cuse. He likely was not going to contribute here besides off the bench.

But from everything I have always heard about Paulus he was a quality person and a good locker room leader, which would have been a nice addition to our depleted QB core. Especially since we need to keep the RS year on our younger guys.

I agree, he would have been a nice addition to our team. Then we could have redshirted Green and LTW.

I don't see how his coming would have saved us a redshirt. Assuming he could get in football shape, learn the playbook, and regain his football sense in one summer, he's still number 3 (at best without Spano) on the depth chart. Maybe as a locker room guy he could have been of use, but honestly, I don't see the need for a schollie here. Moot point now, but that's my take.

I don't see how his coming would have saved us a redshirt. Assuming he could get in football shape, learn the playbook, and regain his football sense in one summer, he's still number 3 (at best without Spano) on the depth chart. Maybe as a locker room guy he could have been of use, but honestly, I don't see the need for a schollie here. Moot point now, but that's my take.

Taking late game snaps in a blowout. Instead of keeping Lee in, put in Paulus and let him do it since he only has 1 year with no RS available. No need to waste a younger guy to do mop up duty.

In the case of a severe injury, we go to LTW likely. But no need to be burning redshirts for useless snaps.

Thus why we need Kody Spano back so none of this is a worry. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be back.

Taking late game snaps in a blowout. Instead of keeping Lee in, put in Paulus and let him do it since he only has 1 year with no RS available. No need to waste a younger guy to do mop up duty.

In the case of a severe injury, we go to LTW likely. But no need to be burning redshirts for useless snaps.

Thus why we need Kody Spano back so none of this is a worry. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be back.

Willie:

Do we have any word on how Kody is healing? I sure hope he is ready soon.

Surely we have a walkon somewhere who could do mop up duty and hand the ball off to the fourth-string running back. Or if a guy like Martinez is already getting special teams playing time, maybe he could fill in. I still think handing out a scholarship for this is overreaching the need.

Willie:

I haven't heard. But it's a knee and people heal from those things different. One person could be back in 6-8 months and another could be back in 12-14 months.

Surely we have a walkon somewhere who could do mop up duty and hand the ball off to the fourth-string running back. Or if a guy like Martinez is already getting special teams playing time, maybe he could fill in. I still think handing out a scholarship for this is overreaching the need.

With Spano going down, Martinez is now gonna play QB. He won't be on ST. And Martinez needs more development than any QB on our roster.

Willie:

I haven't heard. But it's a knee and people heal from those things different. One person could be back in 6-8 months and another could be back in 12-14 months.

With Spano going down, Martinez is now gonna play QB. He won't be on ST. And Martinez needs more development than any QB on our roster.

he is going to be a one year wonder, and uproven in the college ranks...unless this guy is out of this world,,,you hardly ever see a one year guy start.

Martinez will need the redshirt since he is already a spring session behind Green and Washington. What is everyone's problem with Washington or Green taking the reps at the end of games. This would be the best preparation for either of them, and definitely beats scout team reps in terms of speed of the college game and this way we have someone game day ready in the future. Further more for everyone that says if Green doesn't redshirt he'd be wasting two years at backup, what if Cody is as good as everyone wants him to be be uses this year of experience and wins the job next year? I for one would take that scenario. Sometimes the training wheels need to come off, cause this scenario, IMHO, will do the program so much more for the future than redshirting three QB's in one year.