Memorial Stadium Upgrade

Bah...the only thing Memorial Stadium is going to need is to upgrade the Visitor's side of the scoreboard to three digits so you can accurately keep up with all the numbers the Mighty Cyclones will be putting up on you in 09.... <_<

lol maybe it needs to be "downgraded" to a single digit, jk

We got a new drinking fountain at Jack Trice...so THERE smart guy! :angry:

...well...actually, one of the construction guys left his hose behind...but it's still an improvement

:laughpound Bet it is one of the soaker hoses with hundreds of holes in it, so the whole team can get a drink at the same time and everything, too... Probably stole it during the Spring Game at the Walmart parking lot :cop: ...there hasn't been any money for improvements at Jack Trice Stadium forever, so I don't know what a construction guy was doing there...maybe a demolition dude. :cowbell:

I think all this new technology is great!! Hopefully I can get back to a game this season to check it out!! It can't hurt in regards to recruiting either!!

Yeah, I would like to see it, too. I also would like to get down to Royal Stadium in KC and see what they have done there, not sure when or if I will get the chance though this year. I still would like to see more seats though...but there has to be a saturation point somewhere, and I am sure that they look at that too. We DO have a sellout streak to protect. :)

im pretty sure i read that TO said they're thinking of adding another 6000 seats on the east stadium within the next few years.... i think it was an LJS article or blog, if anyone wants to go dig through the archives.

I was going to mention that if they added any more seats they should be on the east side. But how do you do that without compromising the overall aesthetic of the building. The only other option would seem to be to stack up the south endzone, similair to Penn State. Given that they just completed an upgrade a few years ago; I can't imagine another is in the cards for at least the next five years, and it's probably closer to a dozen.

im pretty sure i read that TO said they're thinking of adding another 6000 seats on the east stadium within the next few years.... i think it was an LJS article or blog, if anyone wants to go dig through the archives.

I was going to mention that if they added any more seats they should be on the east side. But how do you do that without compromising the overall aesthetic of the building. The only other option would seem to be to stack up the south endzone, similair to Penn State. Given that they just completed an upgrade a few years ago; I can't imagine another is in the cards for at least the next five years, and it's probably closer to a dozen.

I think they are talking about putting up a structure like on the West side.

please continue, you have my attention....

I will see if I can find more, but this is all I could find right now. Buried in this story on the LJS Blog about TT possible expansion is a nugget about NU considering East Stadium Expansion.

Post details: Leery of stadium expansion

05/12/09

Permalink 03:26:33 pm, Categories: -Football by Steve Sipple

Leery of stadium expansion

According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas Tech officials have a master plan for an 85,000-seat stadium.

Mind you, that's a long-range projection. In the meantime, growth will occur a few thousand seats at a time. Toward that end, Texas Tech is taking the seemingly sensible step of increasing capacity to 61,000 by the middle of next season.

Under the current plan, Tech will add 3,000 seats on the northwest corner of Jones Stadium and 3,000 seats on the northeast corner, in addition to the east-side stadium building whose suites and club seats will have room for another 1,000 or so.

If I were an athletic administration official virtually anywhere, I'd be leery about adding many seats at this time (there have been discussions about expanding the east side of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln).

It's not so much our nation's financial crisis that would concern me -- signs point to the crisis subsiding in a year or so -- it's the proliferation of events and options on cable television. It's become very easy for fans to just stay home and watch games on TV.

As far as Texas Tech goes, I'd be leery about any longterm expansion plan because I wonder how much longer Mike Leach will remain at the school. Nebraska's unbelievable sellout streak -- 297 games and counting -- has withstood coaching instability in recent years.

Instability at Tech might be another story . . .

LJS Blog - TT Stadium Expansion

I will see if I can find more, but this is all I could find right now. Buried in this story on the LJS Blog about TT possible expansion is a nugget about NU considering East Stadium Expansion.

05/12/09

According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas Tech officials have a master plan for an 85,000-seat stadium.

Mind you, that's a long-range projection. In the meantime, growth will occur a few thousand seats at a time. Toward that end, Texas Tech is taking the seemingly sensible step of increasing capacity to 61,000 by the middle of next season.

Under the current plan, Tech will add 3,000 seats on the northwest corner of Jones Stadium and 3,000 seats on the northeast corner, in addition to the east-side stadium building whose suites and club seats will have room for another 1,000 or so.

If I were an athletic administration official virtually anywhere, I'd be leery about adding many seats at this time (there have been discussions about expanding the east side of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln).

It's not so much our nation's financial crisis that would concern me -- signs point to the crisis subsiding in a year or so -- it's the proliferation of events and options on cable television. It's become very easy for fans to just stay home and watch games on TV.

As far as Texas Tech goes, I'd be leery about any longterm expansion plan because I wonder how much longer Mike Leach will remain at the school. Nebraska's unbelievable sellout streak -- 297 games and counting -- has withstood coaching instability in recent years.

good find, but the one i was talking about was from the LJS I think... I knew I wasn't way off. would be awesome to get 90+ thousand 'sker fans in that stadium. would be amazing

05/12/09

good find, but the one i was talking about was from the LJS I think... I knew I wasn't way off. would be awesome to get 90+ thousand 'sker fans in that stadium. would be amazing