Memorial Stadium Upgrade

i think the ribbon boards will be a great addition to the stadium, maybe they can have up scores from other games around the conference, more stats, idk i just think it be good, they need to find a place for the academic all amerians and everything, as long as they do that im ok with it

I thought they took the Academic All Americans down last year? Maybe I completely spaced them out when I was there last year, but I don't remember them being up there.

I think it is a nice piece to have that displayed...somewhere at least in the stadium. I think the ribbons will look good as long as they take the time to put the NU touch on them.

I've seen several in the ACC. All they're used for is advertisements. I don't see the point.

Agreed. I'd venture a guess that they will show advertising more than 90% of the time. If they were used for stats and video I'd be for them . . . but if they are just moving billboards than I am against them. I don't think most people would be excited about the addition of static advertising signs. I view the ribbon boards similarly.

I really hope that it is used for statistics instead of advertisements. Other than Adidas, Pepsi, and Valentino's, what other companies support the stadium/Huskers? Those three same advertisements could get very repetitive. Maybe though could show player/team statistics all game?

I've seen several in the ACC. All they're used for is advertisements. I don't see the point.

Agreed. I'd venture a guess that they will show advertising more than 90% of the time. If they were used for stats and video I'd be for them . . . but if they are just moving billboards than I am against them. I don't think most people would be excited about the addition of static advertising signs. I view the ribbon boards similarly.

I really hope that it is used for statistics instead of advertisements. Other than Adidas, Pepsi, and Valentino's, what other companies support the stadium/Huskers? Those three same advertisements could get very repetitive. Maybe though could show player/team statistics all game?

Alltel, Runza, Fairbury, Dorothy Lynch, First National Bank, Ameritas, Embassy Suites, Saint Elizabeth Medical Center, Wimmer's, IMG....

I'm sure there are more.

I think they will be pretty sweet. It will be nice to see how many game scores they update during the game, and some of the graphics they come up with. All this money spent on screens, and none spent on speakers. That is seriously the only thing that sucks about sitting in the south end zone.

That's what advertising does it raise money FOOL!!!! - unless you want to make up the difference.

Chad, you are the only person on this board I really don't like.

You can get in line with the people who don't like me.

I think they would be nice to show stats as well as scores from other games. I don't want them to be too flashy though or they start to distract from the game. That was my experience with the ones at the Qwest Center for basketball.

They have them at Staples Center and when I go to Laker games they're not distracting. The Hot girls they show on the video screens are distracting.

I'm just glad that we have Memorial Stadium around after all these years. Despite its faults, I wouldn't have it any other way. The character and history cannot be matched. Many other stadiums of similar stature have not been so lucky.

Look how fast Rosenblatt went from being the beautiful stadium on the hill to a piece of junk we had to get rid off. Doesn't matter what side of that argument you are on, the point is that once the powers that be decide its got to go . . . it is as good as gone.

Hopefully, they will continue the upgrades for decades to come and keep the old stadium in the middle of campus.

Bah...the only thing Memorial Stadium is going to need is to upgrade the Visitor's side of the scoreboard to three digits so you can accurately keep up with all the numbers the Mighty Cyclones will be putting up on you in 09.... <_<

lol maybe it needs to be "downgraded" to a single digit, jk

Bah...the only thing Memorial Stadium is going to need is to upgrade the Visitor's side of the scoreboard to three digits so you can accurately keep up with all the numbers the Mighty Cyclones will be putting up on you in 09.... <_<

lol maybe it needs to be "downgraded" to a single digit, jk

We got a new drinking fountain at Jack Trice...so THERE smart guy! :angry:

...well...actually, one of the construction guys left his hose behind...but it's still an improvement