Slow Pitch Softball

I work for an internet tech support company, and we just started play about a week ago. Initially I thought we may be decent, as we have 3 athletes on our team, but DAMN was I mistakin! We played a doubleheader, winning the first game against some lousy team, but we got annihilated 36-4 in the second game. This team hit 5 grand slams on us :facepalm: , it was crazy!

Anyone else play??

Or you need more people that can run throw and catch and chew gum without falling down. j/k :)

I played slow pitch about eleventy billion weeks ago in Linc and Greenwood. Played in Colorado for three years and from 84 to 92 in California. A shortstop threw a ball while I was crossing 1st base and it hit the side of my head and I woke up in a NeuroICU about 1.5 weeks later. Don't play much anymore. :dunno

Did get a helichopper ride out of the deal just don't remember it.

Still a fun game though.

Some teams gel without practices while others need practice to get a feel for the strengths of each player.

Good Luck

GBR

3 athletes on a team will help, but not as much as having 7 or 8 waterheads out there will hurt.

depending on the league you are in it should be a fun time for everyone.

if your team is out there to have fun and you got yourself into a real competitive league, you might have some problems

I live and breath softball! My wife calls herself a "Softball Widow", when this time of the year comes around. We have our first game of the season tonight. I recently moved to Florida from Texas, and I thought Texas took the sport to the extreme.....Was I wrong! Florida is friggen SERIOUS about mens softball. We had our first practice the other night and I never seen so many gorillas on one team. 4 of our guys played for Team Easton and needless to say they CRUSH the ball.

Don't sweat the loss Maud....You will get your revenge on them soon enough!

3 athletes on a team will help, but not as much as having 7 or 8 waterheads out there will hurt.

depending on the league you are in it should be a fun time for everyone.

if your team is out there to have fun and you got yourself into a real competitive league, you might have some problems

Damn good point Rob! I play in a competitive league and I wonder why some of the teams we play joined this certain division. I have to say that I have played with some great players who realize this and don't try and crush them. I have also witnessed other teams take the opportunity to embarrass teams and I must say, it got my blood boiling.

I did play in a church league once, thinking that it was going to be a "laid back" atmosphere. MAN, was I wrong! There was no foul language of course, but there were some people who left their shells, come game time! :laughpound:nutz

Alright guys, news from the diamond. Played another double header yesterday, and lost the pair. We were fairly competitive in the first game losing by 3 runs, but got hammered the second game (25-5).

I do have good news though! I hit my first homer yesterday...it felt pretty sweet because we practically play on a baseball field, as the fence is about 280 ft.

Also, just joined my church league team, and we start games on Thursday. This team looks much more promising than the work team, as we have MUCH better athletes!

Anyone else have news on the softball front?

Alright guys, news from the diamond. Played another double header yesterday, and lost the pair. We were fairly competitive in the first game losing by 3 runs, but got hammered the second game (25-5).

I do have good news though! I hit my first homer yesterday...it felt pretty sweet because we practically play on a baseball field, as the fence is about 280 ft.

Also, just joined my church league team, and we start games on Thursday. This team looks much more promising than the work team, as we have MUCH better athletes!

Anyone else have news on the softball front?

The church squad here in SC is 3-0 on the season, with victories of 22-1, 18-12, 16-12.

Loved playing slow pitch, but the summers of guys trying to relive old glory days and forgetting we are there to have fun got old real fast. There is a reason there are many different leagues to play in and most of the guys could not figure that out, they would jump in the rec league and ruin it for most teams.

I am playing for the first time since moving to Texas. Its a church league, so I really don't know what to expect. We have our first practice on Sunday and a game the following Weds. So I'll keep posting my experiences as they develop!

From my experience when I lived in Texas and played on a church league.....it was pretty competitive.

I am playing for the first time since moving to Texas. Its a church league, so I really don't know what to expect. We have our first practice on Sunday and a game the following Weds. So I'll keep posting my experiences as they develop!

From my experience when I lived in Texas and played on a church league.....it was pretty competitive.

Thanks for the heads up, kind of reminds me of the Bud Light commericial, "We salute you, mister overly competitive touch football player....." I'm sure I'll get some good laughs when I spot the first 37 year old guy that has a axe to grind because his HS coach didn't believe he had the talent to play JV.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update here on my first game in about 5 years......3 for 3 with 3 rbi and we won 8 - 7. I scored in my first at bat when I crushed one about a mile high to left, I was touching second when the ball bounced out of his glove, and as slow-pitch softball sometimes goes I scored on like a 3 base error by multiple players.

Win or lose, it still fun to go out and play a kids game for an hour every week.