Phil Steele Pick Ems

Maybe this has been explained already but his Big 12 North goes like this...

1. NU

2. (TIE) KSU

3. (TIE) CU

4. KU

5. MU

6. ISU

I am all for having the SKERS at the top...no problem there...my question is. What is going on at Kansas State that makes ol' Phil think they have a shot at second place? Really? I was under the impression they were rebuiling from a total meltdown.....

And unless Colorado is playing the SKERS, they rarely put on a show....

What gives?

Maybe this has been explained already but his Big 12 North goes like this...

1. NU

2. (TIE) KSU

3. (TIE) CU

4. KU

5. MU

6. ISU

I am all for having the SKERS at the top...no problem there...my question is. What is going on at Kansas State that makes ol' Phil think they have a shot at second place? Really? I was under the impression they were rebuiling from a total meltdown.....

And unless Colorado is playing the SKERS, they rarely put on a show....

What gives?

That really is pretty weird, but Steele is right a WHOLE lot more than he is wrong.

My guess is respect for Snyder. But I still feel the competition will be Kansas. And it will be tough for us to beat them in Lawrence.

CU should have beat us at our house last year. Playing them at home should be an advantage for them for sure.

I still see us winning the North, but my guess we will lose one along the way and count on someone else to lock it down for us.

It is just nice to be considered in the top one or two.

I would guess that KU's low prediction has to do with what they lost. They need to replace Olinemen as well as most of their better defensive players. A team cant go that far on just a QB and a receiver.

MU on that list is predicted to miss a bowl game. Which given the losses they had to graduation makes sense.

As far as most of that ranking goes, I would say that he is saying that only NU is able to beat any south teams.

I would guess that KU's low prediction has to do with what they lost. They need to replace Olinemen as well as most of their better defensive players. A team cant go that far on just a QB and a receiver.

:yeah Kansas has one of the more in-experienced O-lines in the division thus the crummy rating.

Scheduling might be another reason for some of the surprise teams. Does KSU get off easy in the south this year?

:yeah Kansas has one of the more in-experienced O-lines in the division thus the crummy rating.

Scheduling might be another reason for some of the surprise teams. Does KSU get off easy in the south this year?

With Oklahoma State playing very well and Baylor looking to get a bit better over the next few years...other than Texas AM...are there really any easy teams in the south anymore...?

• 5 months later...

Phil's got a big crush on CU this year. Not working out very well for him.

His computer is now calling for a NU/KSU tie, but with NU getting the tiebreaker, MU, CU (still showing love for that awful team), ISU (with its one lucky surprise win under its belt), and KU (computer projects the Jayhawks to go winless to end the season).