Missouri Football 2007-2008: "The Blind Squirrel Years"

While I do not think Mizzou will win it this year, I would say their program has improved. They are getting more and more good recruits and doing a much better job in their own state, which has a fair amount of talent. They are doing fine in Texas, too. I am not saying they are a power, but they are trending nicely. I am sure that is Nebraska's return continues, this could hurt them, but I would say if I were a Mizzou fan I would be somewhat encouraged.

Oh, and I hate them.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW!! FRONT PAGE BASHING AGAIN!!!

YES!!! <_<

You do know that Missouri produces 15-20 D1 players every year right.... :blink:

Nebraska got some players. Good for them. Many more went to MU last year and many more will this year and so on.... And guess what, some will go to big 10 schools, and some will fall to D-1aa... :dunno

quick question. if those were blind squirrels years for MU, what do you call Nebraska after a 93-23 beating over two years by blind squirrels....

Oh... a hair on a horse's arse. thats right, i remember :facepalm:

YES!!! <_<

You do know that Missouri produces 15-20 D1 players every year right.... :blink:

Nebraska got some players. Good for them. Many more went to MU last year and many more will this year and so on.... And guess what, some will go to big 10 schools, and some will fall to D-1aa... :dunno

quick question. if those were blind squirrels years for MU, what do you call Nebraska after a 93-23 beating over two years by blind squirrels....

Do you really want to talk about stats and scores seriously because I could show you some beatings Nebraska has on Mizzo for YEARS ;)

I surrender!!! :lol:

I'm sorry. Did I say 1978-2003 Nebraska Football "The Blind Squirrel Years" ???? ;)

That would make about as much sense as that first time poster talking smack about a time frame when MU clearly was the better team. )

The only thing I love more than friendly banter & jokes with the regulars on this board is how first time posters open with a crack on good ol' MU. :lol:

YES!!! <_<

:facepalm:

You know Fro, I really do not understand some of my fellow Nebraska fans obsession with Missouri either.

I dunno...Fox's reality show, "When Animals Attack?"

:ahhhhhhhh

Mu is not going to drop off the map any time soon. They do get the majority of their top talent to stay in state. They will lose a few but they will get most of the ones they want. We will steal a few and as we start winning again we will start to take more of them not steal them but WE have to take care of our win loss record against MU if we want to get the best of the best from that state.

YES!!! <_<

Last year the state of Missouri had 27 commits for D-1...

Ronnie Wingo Jr.- Arkansas

Keith Langtry - Ball State

Tony Martin - Ball State

Nathan Scheelhaase - Illinois

Jordan Webb - Kansas

William Cooper - Kansas State

Devin Lindsey - Massachusetts

Josh Harvey - Miami-OH

Bryant Allen - Minnesota

Blaine Dalton - Missouri

Kerwin Stricker - Missouri

Alex Sanders - Missouri

Justin Britt - Missouri

Mark Hill - Missouri

Jack Meiners - Missouri

Sheldon Richardson - Missouri

Adam Burton - Missouri

Andrew Wilson - Missouri

T.J. Moe - Missouri

Tyrone Clark - Northern Illinois

Tyler Evans - Oklahoma

Parker Graham - Oklahoma State

Kory Faulkner - Southern Illinois

E.J. Clark - Southern Illinois

Montee Ball - Wisconsin

David Tooley - Wyoming

Ghaali Muhammad - Wyoming

There are more 2 star kids than that, and probably non qualifiers too, these are just the kids that signed D1 LOIs and Mizzou does a good job keeping a good number home. They probably lets only about 6-8 kids they may have even wanted leave. At 10 kids a year, Missouri has a nice pipeline of talented kids compared to the rest of the north. On rivals, those 10 kids average 3 stars on Rivals, so that is not a bad core of kids to add too.

To compare, here is the rest of the North

KU 4 kids in state, 2.75 stars avg.

K-State 4 kids in state, 2.25 stars avg.

CU 5 kids in state, 3.00 stars avg.

ISU 3 kids in state, 2.33 stars avg.

GBR 2 kids in state, 3.00 stars avg.

So the rest of the North, combined, got 10 3-star or higher kids from their own state. Mizzou got 8, and one was the only 5 star to be gotten from in state in the North.... Altoough I am not sure that kid is going to play, I thought there were some issues there, but the talent point remains, that is a huge MU advantage they are finally seeing some benefit from. They are by far the largest state to draw talent from, and they have only one major school, the only real drawback in that the major population centers are on their state lines, but still a good spot to be in for a talent pipeline advantage. I woudl rather have NUs mojo and tradition, but demographics is a nice second option.

<<You know Fro, I really do not understand some of my fellow Nebraska fans obsession with Missouri either.>>

I have to completely agree with Jen here. To me, Missouri is just like Kansas, Colorado, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech. We dominated them in the Big 8/Early Big 12 era -- at there team's best years they were able to knock us off in our worst years -- and when we get back on track, they will soon go back to being the invisible teams in the conference.

<<You know Fro, I really do not understand some of my fellow Nebraska fans obsession with Missouri either.>>

I have to completely agree with Jen here. To me, Missouri is just like Kansas, Colorado, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech. We dominated them in the Big 8/Early Big 12 era -- at there team's best years they were able to knock us off in our worst years -- and when we get back on track, they will soon go back to being the invisible teams in the conference.

We beg to differ. Do not disagree you will likely come back, do not disagree that you may have the edge, do disagree that this means we will go back to sucking.... We may eventually even surpass you, so may Mizzou (ugh). Not saying we will, but we could. We need mangino to not die of a heart attack. Missouri, well, they need to move to a better, less inbred, state.