BIG 12 NORTH PRESEASON FORECAST

"I will say this though, if Ganz and Lee had the same eligibility timeline and assuming that both players were similar in their rate of non-physical development, then Lee would beat out Ganz as the starter". -Caveman99

WOW. :facepalm: Do you honestly believe this Caveman??

"I will say this though, if Ganz and Lee had the same eligibility timeline and assuming that both players were similar in their rate of non-physical development, then Lee would beat out Ganz as the starter". -Caveman99

Do you have any evidence to show he's wrong?

Yes I do because Lee has more physical ability. What seperates Ganz from Lee right now is that Ganz is much better developed in the non-physical aspects of the game.

The part you quoted from me said that "assuming that both players were similar in their rate of non-physical development...." That includes developing as a leader, learning the offense, etc. Ganz had 5 years in the program and had to compete the entire time so naturally he was ahead of Lee last year in both departments and was the much better QB. Lee learned a lot from Ganz and really started to take after him in working on the mental part of the game. Is Ganz still ahead of Lee in this department, yes which is why I said earlier that Ganz would start over Lee today. That doesn't mean that Lee isn't closing the gap quickly because it appears he is. Assuming that the chatter and reports we hear about Lee in this regard are true, then I fully expect Lee to shatter Ganz's numbers. Lee can make throws that Ganz simply couldn't, the offense will have capabilities in the passing game not previously seen under Ganz. Will it take time, yes it will and I don't expect Lee to be that good in September. However I wouldn't put it past Lee to be a really good player this year and shock you in Lawrence, he will have played in some really big games by then, including a trip to Blacksburg, VA, so I think he will be more than ready for the game in Lawrence.

Yes I do because Lee has more physical ability. What seperates Ganz from Lee right now is that Ganz is much better developed in the non-physical aspects of the game.

The part you quoted from me said that "assuming that both players were similar in their rate of non-physical development...." That includes developing as a leader, learning the offense, etc. Ganz had 5 years in the program and had to compete the entire time so naturally he was ahead of Lee last year in both departments and was the much better QB. Lee learned a lot from Ganz and really started to take after him in working on the mental part of the game. Is Ganz still ahead of Lee in this department, yes which is why I said earlier that Ganz would start over Lee today. That doesn't mean that Lee isn't closing the gap quickly because it appears he is. Assuming that the chatter and reports we hear about Lee in this regard are true, then I fully expect Lee to shatter Ganz's numbers. Lee can make throws that Ganz simply couldn't, the offense will have capabilities in the passing game not previously seen under Ganz. Will it take time, yes it will and I don't expect Lee to be that good in September. However I wouldn't put it past Lee to be a really good player this year and shock you in Lawrence, he will have played in some really big games by then, including a trip to Blacksburg, VA, so I think he will be more than ready for the game in Lawrence.

Don't forget that Lee is a MUCH better runner than Ganz. Watching Ganz run the option or even scramble around was painful. It all looked very ugly.

Most all of us liked Ganz - but it was based on his leadership, work ethic, testicular fortitude, and overall character - not his athletic ability.

JGS, you have been wrong so many times about your team, that I don't take you seriously anymore.

10-2 in 2008; 2-1 in the South; beat USF; beat Nebraska; KU's D will be great; KU's O will be great; KU will win the North. BOOK IT!

Well, all of those predictions turned out well. Hey, I guess one out of seven right isn't too bad.

Looks to me in 2008 (a year in which NU fielded one of the thinnest and most untalented defenses they've ever had) KU's D was ranked lower in EVERY statistical category than NU. Yeah, I'm really hating that! :sarcasm

Untalented ?

Recruiting rankings

Nub 34

KU 56

Nub 10

KU 57

Nub 29

KU 47

Nub 21

KU 78

Nub 21

KU 49

You know I don't think this helped your case much. But it was kind of you to point out KU's recruiting deficiencies in such detail! :thumbs

Don't forget that Lee is a MUCH better runner than Ganz. Watching Ganz run the option or even scramble around was painful. It all looked very ugly.

Most all of us liked Ganz - but it was based on his leadership, work ethic, testicular fortitude, and overall character - not his athletic ability.

JGS, you have been wrong so many times about your team, that I don't take you seriously anymore.

10-2 in 2008; 2-1 in the South; beat USF; beat Nebraska; KU's D will be great; KU's O will be great; KU will win the North. BOOK IT!

Well, all of those predictions turned out well. Hey, I guess one out of seven right isn't too bad.

Ouch Michael, that was harsh. For a guy you don't take serious anymore, you're always one of the first ones to chime in with your opinion everytime I post. Funny how that works. At least I have the gurrr to make predictions and I've owned up to everyone on this board that I was wrong about last year's record. As stated many times on this baord before, preseason predictions are all in good fun. Nobody really knows how they will be until they begin playing the games. I knew after the second game of the season that we wouldn't beat Texas or Texas Tech in Lawrence, because of our lack of a running game and poor offensive line play.

But unlike last year, I plan to wait until late August to make my preseason prediction....I will say KU will go 9-3 in 2009, but I'm not ready to predict the games. You'll just have to wait and see. :clap

I'll give you that caveman. Good post. But I can't see Lee "shattering Ganz numbers". Ganz had some good receivers during his time at NU. It's pre-mature to tell if Lee will have the same talent level at receiver.

I'll give you that caveman. Good post. But I can't see Lee "shattering Ganz numbers". Ganz had some good receivers during his time at NU. It's pre-mature to tell if Lee will have the same talent level at receiver.

That is true JGS30, we have to see what our receivers will bring. The good news for NU fans though is that the situation is similar to the Lee vs. Ganz comparison in that the next generation of receivers are more physically gifted than Swift or Peterson. Whether Holt, Paul, Brooks, etc. can step up mentally is the question. Incoming true freshman Antonio Bell really impressed the coaches this Spring and made some big plays in the Spring Game. That young man is really really fast, he will be a good player. Kinnie is an incoming JUCO transfer that could make an immediate impact, but just like I said about your incoming JUCO DE Quintin Woods he needs to learn the system and get used to the speed of the game on this level. Here is an article on a Husker Blog talking about whether or not Lee will raise the bar stats-wise for NU. We have seen a steady increase obviously since Clownahan has come in, Lee has the tools to do it.

Big Red Network -Will Lee Continue to Raise the Bar for NU Passers?

Having a QB who can run somewhat effectivly would really help us. Ganz was for sure better in that department then Taylor was, however, it sounds like Lee will be twice as good as Ganz in that department. I am really more excited for Lee's senior season then this one. I believe he will become quite a good QB in all aspects of the game. Who knows though, it does sound like he is developing pretty fast. Hopefully he keeps this up and can be respectable next season. Like I said before, lots of question marks for both teams.

I'm not going to get too caught up in coachspeak about ZLee before the season. They've got all kinds of psychological reasons for what they're saying right now, so who knows what the bare-bones truth of it is.

The proof of what this guy will do and be will be on the field, and we may not have any idea what he's like even after the VA Tech game. We'll see.

Thats true. What are they going to say; "He is developing slower then we thought he would"? That sure would be a great ego boost! So I guess they are kind of forced into saying what they say.

You know I would think that, but this staff doesn't seem to sugar coat a whole lot. You could tell how well the team would do based on the coaches's comments during the practice week. I agree that we need to take the talk with a grain of salt, but I think we will know in fall ball before the season starts how good Lee might be.