Judge OKs warrant for

Judge recalls arrest warrant for Husker I-back

By the Lincoln Journal Star

A county judge recalled the arrest warrant for junior Husker I-back Quentin Castille when he came to court Tuesday morning a day later than scheduled.

The warrant was originally given after Castille failed to go to court on a minor case over a missing license plate.

Judge Mary Doyle granted Castille requests for a continuance and set a hearing in two weeks. The state dismissed his failure to appear charges.

A county judge recalled the arrest warrant for junior Husker I-back Quentin Castille when he came to court Tuesday morning a day later than scheduled.

The warrant was originally given after Castille failed to go to court on a minor case over a missing license plate.

Judge Mary Doyle granted Castille requests for a continuance and set a hearing in two weeks. The state dismissed his failure to appear charges.

I don't know anyone who has had a warrant "recalled" after missing a court date. The judge did Q a favor on this one, he should be very thankful.

I don't know anyone who has had a warrant "recalled" after missing a court date. The judge did Q a favor on this one, he should be very thankful.

Happens all the time...call your attorney he goes and sees the Judge/County Attorney and the have plea meeting where they discuss the trades they want to make for the favor they are recalling/waiving/reducing/dismissing etc. etc.

:dunno

A friend of mine got pulled over for not having his seat belt on 7-8 years ago and got a $25 fine. He mailed the check in and in the memo he put exactly "This is BS!".

6 months later he got picked up for going 5 mph over the speed limit, but instead ended up in jail because they put a warrant out for his arrest over the memo on the check!

The best (well, not for him) part was that they wouldn't tell him why the warrant was out for him until he went to court. So he was in jail, he got bailed out for $500 on a Friday, had to wait until Monday to go to court, and he found out what it was and broke out laughing, and had to pay another $500.

So, don't write in the memo of your checks.....

A friend of mine got pulled over for not having his seat belt on 7-8 years ago and got a $25 fine. He mailed the check in and in the memo he put exactly "This is BS!".

6 months later he got picked up for going 5 mph over the speed limit, but instead ended up in jail because they put a warrant out for his arrest over the memo on the check!

The best (well, not for him) part was that they wouldn't tell him why the warrant was out for him until he went to court. So he was in jail, he got bailed out for $500 on a Friday, had to wait until Monday to go to court, and he found out what it was and broke out laughing, and had to pay another $500.

Bobby would have been sitting that one out, because there's no freakin way I would have paid that fine!!! :bs:

If only the people had the power to fine our government when they F'd up, We'd all be millionaires!!!

A local (AZ) radio DJ just got pulled over for a bad lane change and had his girlfriend's jeep confiscated (He was driving) but the cops didn't know why there was an order out for him..Turns out it was for a photo-radar violation..(In the past, He's been telling listeners to ignore summons that come in the mail..Just respond if someone hand delivers it to you).

Anyway..One of the interesting things he learned was if you flip the camera off, they won't mail you a ticket for fear of it going to the wrong address and they'd be liable for mailing offensive material...So..Flip away!

I'd be interested in hearing how that strategery works. :laughpound

GBR

I actually tried it yesterday..I was going the speed limit (I think).

My wrists were getting tired of holding my double-thunderbird and the steering wheel at the same time, and either I or the car next to me triggered a flash..By the time I could see again, my spedometer said I was going 55 in a 60 zone.