Is 2009 our "magical" year???

I used to think every season was going to be our "magic" season... then we hired Al Davis' throwaway....

:yeah

GBR!!!

What makes football so much fun (in my opinion) is that there is a fine line between an average season and a "magical year". If the Huskers win the games they should win - I think you know which games I'm talking about - and pull two "upsets" (OU and against us in Blacksburg - gotta give us the home-field advantage) you are a Big 12 championship win away from a magical season. What appears as magical is really taking care of business every Saturday and win games that you should win, and then "over-perform" on a couple of occasions. If your uncertainties work out OK you are at least on the way to a great season, which means you win more games than last year.

Good points, but I'm pretty sure a "magical year" still means an NC run for Husker fans. Big 12 Champion is a very nice second.

Sorry Huskertim.... I did want to imply a MNC... (or at least playing for it). If you win the games you should win, take care of the upsets and remain undefeated after the conference championship I find it hard to believe that you aren't playing for the national title. My point was that taking care of business and pulling a couple of upsets (including the Big 12 championship) has you right where you want to be. It seems so magical but is of course possible. Being a Hokiefan we have unfortunately not been able to do that besides the 1999 season when we went undefeated and lost to FSU. Besides a string of 10 win seasons we have had a tendency to lose games we should win, while at other times not been able to pull the upsets. A couple of losses a year is clearly above average, but also very close to being magical. Best of luck with your season!

Love for your Hokes right back at ya friend. Keep in mind we had 23 9+ win seasons before we struck 3 Nc in 4 years. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Vt is prepared, and your window of opportunity will come. That will be your "magic" year.

I used to think every season was going to be our "magic" season... then we hired Al Davis' throwaway....

:yeah

GBR!!!

What makes football so much fun (in my opinion) is that there is a fine line between an average season and a "magical year". If the Huskers win the games they should win - I think you know which games I'm talking about - and pull two "upsets" (OU and against us in Blacksburg - gotta give us the home-field advantage) you are a Big 12 championship win away from a magical season. What appears as magical is really taking care of business every Saturday and win games that you should win, and then "over-perform" on a couple of occasions. If your uncertainties work out OK you are at least on the way to a great season, which means you win more games than last year.

Good points, but I'm pretty sure a "magical year" still means an NC run for Husker fans. Big 12 Champion is a very nice second.

Sorry Huskertim.... I did want to imply a MNC... (or at least playing for it). If you win the games you should win, take care of the upsets and remain undefeated after the conference championship I find it hard to believe that you aren't playing for the national title. My point was that taking care of business and pulling a couple of upsets (including the Big 12 championship) has you right where you want to be. It seems so magical but is of course possible. Being a Hokiefan we have unfortunately not been able to do that besides the 1999 season when we went undefeated and lost to FSU. Besides a string of 10 win seasons we have had a tendency to lose games we should win, while at other times not been able to pull the upsets. A couple of losses a year is clearly above average, but also very close to being magical. Best of luck with your season!

Love for your Hokes right back at ya friend. Keep in mind we had 23 9+ win seasons before we struck 3 Nc in 4 years. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Vt is prepared, and your window of opportunity will come. That will be your "magic" year.

Huskertim, it is funny that there is a thread going at this time about what team to cheer for if NU no longer had a football team... I think Husker fans have hall the qualities that most football fans look for. Love of the game that goes beyond love of your own team. I love my Hokies to the extent where I spend the fall traveling to far away places to see my team play no matter what, and no where I have I felt more at home than in Lincoln. Even after we won the game did I feel at home with "friends". I hope you feel the same in Blacksburg for those who make the trip. I would love to have Huskers over for a pre-game tailgate at my place. Feel free to send me a message if you want a true Hokie welcome in September.

Pretty much every Hokie I've encountered on a message board = nothing but pure class. I have never heard a bad word about their fans which is why I am looking forward to going to that game in September.

Careful though, Hokieluv, I might be taking you up on that offer. I have my reservations all set and no turning back now.

I'm sure tickets are hard to come by for a VT game, but what do you think my chances are finding some on game day from scalpers? Or should I just bite the bullet and get them from stub hub (or wherever).?

Haha @ that halfback pass. You realize that we were about 5 yards from the end zone anyway? Maybe Texas 06 or Oklahoma 05 can say "lucky half back pass" because in those games it was a TRUE TRICK PLAY that we burned them on, but come on man. That HB pass was totally different, in my oppinion.

didn't say lucky, said cheap. Hate it when it's not us doing it.

Well ask any Husker fan what they do when we run those plays...................we hold our breath and pray to the football gods that this doesn't get screwed up. I'll say one thing though, that fake field goal that Colorado was all over last season, that play better not be in the playbook ever again. :lol: I had the dogs running for cover after that one, someone was going to die and they were the closest.