Suh better than Carriker

statistically, Carriker is better, but Suh hasnt finished his career yet. Suh has the potential to surpass Carriker in the record books in sacks and TFL's.

But i should say that Carriker only played 4 seasons for Nebraska, and this will be Suh's fifth year since he had a medical reshirt in 2005, i guess 2005 doesnt really count. Besides Suh's best year outweighs Carriker's best year while playing at NU.

Althethically and potential-wise, Suh beats Carriker, but not by much. I gotta give Carriker some slack he was being coached under an idiot (Callahan).

Carriker was/is a beast along with Suh. It is difficult to compare the two since they played two different positions. If Suh passes Carriker up in the sacks department I would have to go with him....I feel it is harder to get the sacks for a DT than it is a for a DE....they do go hand in hand, but what Suh has done with INTs, sacks, and fumble recoveries is hard to ignore.

Suh is probably better the Carriker was, however, Carricker had Cosgrove, Suh has Bo. Pretty big difference there.

Even with that being said, I felt Suh might walk out of here beinght ebest DT to ever wear the uniform. You don't just walk in as a Defensive lineman and lead your team in tackles, sacks, defensive touchdowns, and tackles for a loss and suck

i i hope no one thinks that Suh sucks, but i think the point he is trying to make is that Suh is better than Carriker, but if Carriker was under the coaching staff we have now, he probably would have been on the same level as Suh.

Suh is probably better the Carriker was, however, Carricker had Cosgrove, Suh has Bo. Pretty big difference there.

Even with that being said, I felt Suh might walk out of here beinght ebest DT to ever wear the uniform. You don't just walk in as a Defensive lineman and lead your team in tackles, sacks, defensive touchdowns, and tackles for a loss and suck

Once upon a time, I thought Jared Tomich was the best DE to ever strap it up for the Huskers until he came back for his senior year. His sr. year was filled with double teams, and he just never got the stats. Last year, Suh had Steinkuhler to take the heat away from a lot of the doubles. I guess it's a wait and see time how he does statistically this year. I have to admit that for the first 3 games of the season last year I'd have been willing to give him to any other team out there due to his emotional outbursts. Yet, he reeled it in and have a very impressive season. It will be interesting to see how he follows it up this year.

Once upon a time, I thought Jared Tomich was the best DE to ever strap it up for the Huskers until he came back for his senior year. His sr. year was filled with double teams, and he just never got the stats. Last year, Suh had Steinkuhler to take the heat away from a lot of the doubles. I guess it's a wait and see time how he does statistically this year. I have to admit that for the first 3 games of the season last year I'd have been willing to give him to any other team out there due to his emotional outbursts. Yet, he reeled it in and have a very impressive season. It will be interesting to see how he follows it up this year.

After watching Wistrom?

Great point. I wouldn't be surprised if Suh has a statistically unimpressive season. Teams will game plan to stop him; he'll constantly face double and triple teams. If the LBs can step up though, they will have the chance to make a ton of big plays, especially with the way Bo and Carl like to blitz.

Great point. I wouldn't be surprised if Suh has a statistically unimpressive season. Teams will game plan to stop him; he'll constantly face double and triple teams. If the LBs can step up though, they will have the chance to make a ton of big plays, especially with the way Bo and Carl like to blitz.

I would normally say yes, but Suh was doubled all the time last year also. It helped him that Steinkuhler made teams pay for doubling Suh no doubt, but if Crick is anywhere near as good at Steinkuhler, and IMO he will be, then I think Suh will have a similar season.

Eh, true to a point, Suh wont have Potter or Ty back this year, but it doesnt mean that he will have unexperienced and untalented DL around him.

He'll have Turner, Moore, Williams, Allen, Crick, and the other Steinkuhler along his side, but like you said, we will see what happens this year.

Now that you mention it, Carriker did have help on the DL when he played, everyone remembers Jay Moore, right?

Eh, true to a point, Suh wont have Potter or Ty back this year, but it doesnt mean that he will have unexperienced and untalented DL around him.

He'll have Turner, Moore, Williams, Allen, Crick, and the other Steinkuhler along his side, but like you said, we will see what happens this year.

Now that you mention it, Carriker did have help on the DL when he played, everyone remembers Jay Moore, right?

Is Suh better than either of the Peters, in college?

I love both Suh and Carriker as players but Suh picked off and ran over Cody Hawkins so I give the edge to Suh.

Im not worried about Suh's production this year. If his stat sheet isnt as outstanding as last year its probably because of double/triple teams. I hope they do triple team him because then that leaves alot of unblocked defenders, so sack/tackle or not Suh will be a force next year. Also I think Baker Steinkuhler and Crick may be more effective than Ty was last year due to the emphasis on trying to stop Suh