New Huskers fan needing indoctrination....

Hello Husker fans,

I need to be indoctrinated in the lore, history and culture of the Huskers.

[...]

Indoctrinate me please......

--------------------

Indoctrinate me!!

this looks like a job of HuskerJen..!

i3f38x.jpg

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

kiwi... you need to start with:

'71 Nebraska vr Oklahoma. Rodgers, Tagge, Kinney, Glover and company.

For the next 11 years just watch some games. Tony Davis, Jimmy Pillen, I.M. Hipp, Jarvis Redwine, the Nebraska vr Alabama game with Rick Berns, Jr. Miller et. al.

Whach the entire '83 season with the last second loss to Miami, it was like a stake in the heart of Husker Nation.

Pick and choose your games for the next few years, but then comes the 90ies. Watch everything you can and every game that featured Tommie Frazier, Brooke Berringer, Lawrence Phillips, Ahman Green, Corey Schleshinger, Christian Peter, Jason Peter, Grant Wistrom, Jared Tomich, Darrin Erstad, Mike Brown, Correll Farley and so many, many more.

Find yourself a bar that you are comfortable with, get a Husker Jersey and cap. Come to Lincoln and tailgate.

You will in a short time become part of Husker Nation.

Take good care of that young lady of yours, she and you and your family are in our prayers.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:bonez:bonez

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome.

Extra thanks for all the prayers heading Aria (my daughters) way...... you can learn about her at www.aria.org.nz if your curious. Our faith has got us this far, and we have prayer warriors all over the world praying for her and we know every prayer counts.

One clarification, we aren't in Nebraska quite yet, we should be getting there September-ish.

I'm just doing my preperation work so I can hit the ground running once I get there.

Thanks too for all the links. When I get home from work (10am here) I'll hit all those links and drink in the history.

Extra thanks for all the prayers heading Aria (my daughters) way...... you can learn about her at www.aria.org.nz if your curious. Our faith has got us this far, and we have prayer warriors all over the world praying for her and we know every prayer counts.

For whatever it's worth, this is just such a great thing for me to hear. I think I've got problems in my life but God has blessed me with things being generally easy. You'll surely be blessed for your perseverance.

I'll be sure to let my brothers and sisters around here know about you and your daughter.

For whatever it's worth, this is just such a great thing for me to hear. I think I've got problems in my life but God has blessed me with things being generally easy. You'll surely be blessed for your perseverance.

I'll be sure to let my brothers and sisters around here know about you and your daughter.

FWIW, we've learnt that we're blessed by things not being generally easy. We've become better people and our trust in God has grown exponentially since things hit the fan.....

It may sound strange but I guess its a matter of perspective... God is good all time, to all his people, in all their circumstances.

My take on the defense is simple: Bo tells Carl to kill someone. Carl tells the LB to kill someone. The LB tells Suh to kill someone. Suh kills them. Mike Ekler head-butts Suh, does a cartwheel down the sideline, and jumps into Bo's arms.

That, and I think it's a hybrid defense of 4-3 and a blitzing nickel package.... Similar to USC...

One clarification, we aren't in Nebraska quite yet, we should be getting there September-ish.

I'm just doing my preperation work so I can hit the ground running once I get there.

Thanks too for all the links. When I get home from work (10am here) I'll hit all those links and drink in the history.

If you hit any history from 2004 to 2007, don't drink in the history, just drink. :dumdum

Best of luck with your preparation. It sounds like you have a strong faith and that's exactly what you need. Know that Husker Nation is thinking positive thoughts for your precious Aria.

hey kiwi, you a fan of rugby as well? if so do you perfer league or union?

Big League fan.

Had been a season ticket holder with of the New Zealand Warriors till the kids came along and life got complex.

They are domestic sports team of choice.

ahh, my coach for rugby is a former queensland red. and i grew up cheering for RSA.