Tunnel Walk Music

Should we change the tunnel walk music? If we didn't have Sirius by The Alan Parsons Project, what should we have? I am a traditionist and therefore believe that it should stay with Sirius. Having said that, if it wasn't that music, I like Thunderstruck by AC/DC....Share your thoughts and if not Sirius..then what?

IMO the APP Sirius is great builds up and thunders at the end. Unfortunately I havent been to a home game in a long time so I just hear it on the net. Its kinda like listening to the Star Spangled Banner, get tingly and proud and emotional all at the same time. Im such a wuss.

Cant have a mellow song if it is changed. I love the Eagles but Peaceful Easy Feelin just dont work :lol:

alright i like this topic

we seriously need to change it. i hate the end of sirius

Some Possiblilites

Thunderstruck by AC/DC

Back in Black AC/DC

Sandman by Metallica (VA TECH uses it)

maybe some techno for all those techno fans out there, Zombie Nation by kenkraft 400 Sporth anthems(UNO HOCKEY uses it

La Grange by ZZ Top

WE READY by ARCHIE

Were Not goin to take it by Twisted Sisters

If NU wanted to appeal to the players and younger fans there are a lot of great groups to choose from:

Buckcherry

Bush

Creed

Cypress Hill

Disturbed

Dope

Dr. Dre

Drowning Pool

Foo Fighters

Godsmack

Hoobastank

Limp Biz Kit

Offspring

Papa Roach

POD

Rage Against the Machine

Soil

Staind

Hey a home grown 311

Theses are just the groups I picked off my music match library of course they would need to screen the songs for unacceptable language

:thumbs

I'm old school. Keep it.

If I were to say ANY song replacing what we have, it would have to be Enter Sandman because that song gets you ready to run through a wall. Since Va Tech uses it already, then it would be stupid copying them. Having our own tunnel walk theme makes Nebraska unique, so I vote for being different. Sirius can stay. :)

No way do you change sirius. I cant imagine going to a game and not hearing it. Just that first long bass note that rumbles the whole stadium is enough to make me feel like I can tear down walls, and Im sure the players feel the same way. It's the first note that makes the song, and no other song captures it like that. Its the sound of impending doom.

Well, what about "Hair of the Dog" by Nazarath? You know the refain: "Now you're messin' with...a son of a bitch"...

Or, if we really want to be a bit more socially acceptable, grab one of the tunes from the Braveheart soundtrack - one of the backing tracks used when the Scottish hordes pour over the hills to attack the English.

No way do you change sirius. I cant imagine going to a game and not hearing it. Just that first long bass note that rumbles the whole stadium is enough to make me feel like I can tear down walls, and Im sure the players feel the same way. It's the first note that makes the song, and no other song captures it like that. Its the sound of impending doom.

:cheers

I have no problem with a change, if the change is an upgrade. Moving forward is not necessarily losing tradition. The idea is the tunnel walk, not so much the music played. I have no idea of what would be an adequate replacement, but what the youth of today listen to, other than some rap crap, I could endorse. I know I am old but I just cannot handle that stuff. Like the beat, but oh well you get the drift.

No matter your age or your knowledge you can always learn and improve, if you fail to try pretty much everything is over. We have evolved from Golden Knights, Bugeaters, Cornhuskers, Huskers and we still seem to be the same. Changing music is not that big of deal if we replace it with a more modern version.

But then again I have no problem with what we have either.