Say it ain't so!

This site has predicted W/L for each team with some formula. It predicts a 1st place in the north between Kansas and Missouri, with Kansas winning the head to head between those two. (Each with 9-3 records and 5-3 in conference).

While it could happen, I'll be very disappointed if we don't do a little better than 7-5 and 4-4, as this formula dictates.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/analysi...welve_nebr.html

Funny how the last two years they weren't even close and 2005. I have a hatred for formulas, but it's an interesting take. Pretty easy to predict the years with Osborne and the first few years after him but still with his recruits. From there though I would say they don't have a clue what will happen, so I say this formula they are using doesn't work. Pretty conservative prediction though for this year. Pretty much games we are supposed to win and games we are supposed to lose with a couple of games that could go either way. I still say 10-2 for the regular season.

Checked out the website - most of the time it just tweaks the previous year's schedule and/or how they did the last home/away game. Three of the losses are by 5 points or less, MU Tech and KU so what this guy says is that NU is going to lose the toss ups.

History: he blew 3 seasons since 1994, Solich pre-DC Bo (2002), and of course 2 from coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-typed (2005 and 2007). Otherwise he has been within 2 games, and I think he is off two games from the losses from MU Tech and KU

Checked out the website - most of the time it just tweaks the previous year's schedule and/or how they did the last home/away game. Three of the losses are by 5 points or less, MU Tech and KU so what this guy says is that NU is going to lose the toss ups.

History: he blew 3 seasons since 1994, Solich pre-DC Bo (2002), and of course 2 from coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-typed(2005 and 2007). Otherwise he has been within 2 games, and I think he is off two games from the losses from MU Tech and KU

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

He may have something close to give us something to talk about, but seems to me that you can easily get pretty close if you study patterns of this team should win this and should win that right? Not dogging on this formula it just seems like most people can make some of these predictions and get just as close without a formula. 2 games off is kinda big. In some cases 2 games determines whether or not you make it to a bowl game or go undefeated or not...wouldn't you agree? I love the speculation don't get me wrong, I just love picking at formulas though since I hate them.

He may have something close to give us something to talk about, but seems to me that you can easily get pretty close if you study patterns of this team should win this and should win that right? Not dogging on this formula it just seems like most people can make some of these predictions and get just as close without a formula. 2 games off is kinda big. In some cases 2 games determines whether or not you make it to a bowl game or go undefeated or not...wouldn't you agree? I love the speculation don't get me wrong, I just love picking at formulas though since I hate them.

Yes, I see what you are saying. Maybe you should make a formula to rank who has the best predictions :bang

Seriously, two games does make a big difference, but this far out with all the intangibles (who gets injured, sho gets suspended, whacky weather during one game, trying the same fake field goal one too many times) is a crap shoot. It is much easier to predict one game at a time. This is why I gave a two game lee way.

Yes, I see what you are saying. Maybe you should make a formula to rank who has the best predictions :bang

Seriously, two games does make a big difference, but this far out with all the intangibles (who gets injured, sho gets suspended, whacky weather during one game, trying the same fake field goal one too many times) is a crap shoot. It is much easier to predict one game at a time. This is why I gave a two game lee way.

Lol...well played sir. Nah but seriously I take formulas for what they are...just a fun way to pass the time until we finally get to see some football. And I don't want to do it but...you are right...two games off is pretty good. Plus you always have those teams that come out of no where (or teams that end up not showing up like everyone thought) to mess up the predictions.