Justin Makovicka leaves

I get a kick out of people saying Nubraska is going to win the Big 12 North. That's impossible because :moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting they aren't even in the Big 12 any longer, they are in the Sun Belt Conference. And to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure they can win the Sun Belt Conference at this time.

Grasshopper, you try to talk smack here but on Buttzone you don't sound so optimistic. Get used to rug burns.

I get a kick out of people saying Nubraska is going to win the Big 12 North. That's impossible because :moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting they aren't even in the Big 12 any longer, they are in the Sun Belt Conference. And to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure they can win the Sun Belt Conference at this time.

I'm pretty sure Colorado can't win the Big XII...or the Big Sky being that Montana State is still a football playing member.

You got South Dakota State next year......oooooohhhhhh! :nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

I guess when you've lost to a lower division team (like CU has), you get it in your head that every time a team plays a lower division team they lose. The call this phenomenon "Buffaloes' Fallacy". Instead of losing by 9, Nebraska is liable to win by 50. Thanks for playing.

Shouldn't he be getting called a quitter right now? Its what happened when others left the team.

Good point. :thumbs Or it used to be “darn coaches running off another local kid with ties to the program”.

:facepalm:

Yeah. Because the situation with the current coaching staff is no different than what we had with the last staff. Completely identical, and kids who leave do so for exactly the same reasons.

The situation is different. This kid is a Mackovicka so we'd never call him a quitter. Patrick Witt anyone?

He was blasted for being afraid of competition. Called a quitter. Appears he made a career decision based on academics.

Mackovicka leaves to see the field at a smaller school. Is that related to competition?

I think its a good move but there seems to be a double standard here.

The situation is different. This kid is a Mackovicka so we'd never call him a quitter. Patrick Witt anyone?

He was blasted for being afraid of competition. Called a quitter. Appears he made a career decision based on academics.

Mackovicka leaves to see the feild at a smaller school. Is that related to competition?

Then we're on the same page. Maybe I misunderstood where you were going originally, and newearthhusker as well.

I wasn't one of those knocking Witt for leaving, if that helps. I wish the kid well and hope he finds a better fit. Same for Justin Makovicka. While it's painful to see a guy named Makovicka transfer, the Husker program isn't for everyone. Maybe he'll find a school that fits his needs, and I wish him well in that search.

It's a shame to see how the NU program is going in the tank now that Big Brother is keeping an eye on them....but they deserve what they get. :clap

Big brother isn't watching us, they're watching you. You have more violations than we do.

And a nationally publicized recruiting scandal,

And a nationally publicized rape scandal/ coverup

and having to stop a game on national television bc/ of poor fan behavior,

and the laser pointer (great MS paint graphic BTW) incident

.....and you still were horrible all of those years.

....and you lost to montana st.

You do have some of the most celebrated 7-5 seasons in all of the big 12.

Shouldn't he be getting called a quitter right now? Its what happened when others left the team.

Good point. :thumbs Or it used to be “darn coaches running off another local kid with ties to the program”.

:facepalm:

Yeah. Because the situation with the current coaching staff is no different than what we had with the last staff. Completely identical, and kids who leave do so for exactly the same reasons.

Mackovicka leaves to see the field at a smaller school. Is that related to competition?

Gotta disagree here.

Most of the posters who expressed an opinion on Witt leaving did not call him a quitter or any other name, and most wished him best wherever he went.

Most of the guys who leave are not quitters, Pat Witt transferred to an Ivy League school and will get an Ivy League education while playing on scolly. Then he will get an opportunity to step out of college and make a high Five or low Six figure income. Basically a smart career move that I wish I would have had a chance to make. Whinny Harrison Beck left because he saw the writting on the wall and isn't doing that well at NC. I wish them all well, if you don't want to be at Nebraska then we don't need you and that's for lot's of good reasons.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez