Change to boards front page???

***SNIP***

As stated above, is there any chance it can be done on only the front page instead of every forum?

Thanks MODs for all for all of the hard work you do to keep this board running!

Unfortunately, no. The "header" (the part that contains everything from the Huskerboard banner through the yellow strip that contains the links for the Board rules, the schedule, fight songs, etc.) applies to every page. Changes to it apply to every page.

***SNIP***

As stated above, is there any chance it can be done on only the front page instead of every forum?

Unfortunately, no. The "header" (the part that contains everything from the Huskerboard banner through the yellow strip that contains the links for the Board rules, the schedule, fight songs, etc.) applies to every page. Changes to it apply to every page.

I noticed the recent changes, but didn't care enough to open this thread before now..

Just wondering if you could add the stuff on top without putting it on a header (thus not carrying it over to every page)..Just a thought.

I was also wondering what "Members2" was..I was looking at the members section to see if I could filter members by location..(I couldn't) and noticed the "Members2"..Thought it might be previously banned people or maybe other second class citizens..(but didn't see myself there)...Saw some that joined before and after me and some that had never posted (so how could they be banned w/o posting?).

I'd swear I remember seeing other posters living out here (in AZ), but I couldn't remember who.

***SNIP***

Just wondering if you could add the stuff on top without putting it on a header (thus not carrying it over to every page)..Just a thought.

We're messing with a few ideas, but so far we've found no solution. We're going to keep searching as we always want to keep the boards user-friendly, because users make HB a success.

Been looking for a way to do that, but haven't found it. Remember, the pages aren't static HTML pages; they are dynamic pages that are created when you hit them. We'll keep looking.

I was also wondering what "Members2" was..I was looking at the members section to see if I could filter members by location..(I couldn't) and noticed the "Members2"..Thought it might be previously banned people or maybe other second class citizens..(but didn't see myself there)...Saw some that joined before and after me and some that had never posted (so how could they be banned w/o posting?).

Members2 aren't banned - it's just an administrative setting for folks who opt out of HuskerBoard newsletters.

I'd swear I remember seeing other posters living out here (in AZ), but I couldn't remember who.

You might want to look at some of the posters in the "Arizonia" sub-forum in Plan-It Husker.

• 2 weeks later...

well it seems that everything that is in those tables are from the same five or six websites. it might work a little better to put those in a single inline nav bar or even in a drop down nav and then have that huskernation banner ad rotate ads between the five or six websites that support the board.

even though the header applies to all pages, the rotator will still rotate the ads.

it would make the header much more clean taking the tables away (which is what the web is trending towards) and probably give your websites more prominence.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...