Briscoe and Kansas

I heard awhile ago that Dezmon Briscoe would be academically uneligible for the 2009 season. Is this true or was it just a rumor?

If true, do we become the clear-cut favorites to win the North?

We're the clear-cut favorites to win if he plays or not.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Jul 10 2009, 10:27 AM) 443321[/snapback]

I heard awhile ago that Dezmon Briscoe would be academically uneligible for the 2009 season. Is this true or was it just a rumor?

Because Steele said so?

Do you think KSU was a good team in 2007? Serious question.

They may have had a good/fluke game and beat Texas, but did that make 2007 KSU a good team??. No, because it doesn't change the fact that they were a 5-7 and lost to Iowa St. Hell, Stanford went 4-8 in 2007, but beat USC in Pasadena, does that make Stanford a good team also?

Rkhufu, I know Bill Young is your boy, being an oSu fan and all, but I still think the defensive stats for KU in 2007 are misleading and you have yet to prove to me otherwise.

Why is it misleading? They faced some of the top O's in the nation. The problem for those teams was they also featured some of the worst D's in the nation.

It's true but I am betting that he does play

Kansas' defense split with Bill Young. They won't be beating any good teams w/o a defense.

So far...and I hate to say this....that's true.

Wasn't Young the DC in 2006? If you compare KU's defensive stats/rankings between 2006 and 2008, there isn't a remarkable difference. I'm not saying Young isn't a good DC, but I think rkhufu7 had a bit of a hidden agenda in his statement. Hint: rkhufu7 seems to talk a lot about Okie State... coincidence that Young is there now? I think not.

2004 KU had a top 25 defense and nearly beat UT in Lawrence

2005 KU had a top 25 defense and was TORCHED in Austin

2006 young defense

2007 top 10 defense and a 12-1 record and BCS win. All under Bill Young.

2008 had 7-9 starters back and defense was HORRIBLE under new DC, since Young split to Miami.

Look @ KU's SOS in 2007 though... <_<

They beat OSU, Va Tech, KSU team that beat UT in Austin by 3 TDs. 12-1 and a BCS bowl victory and they beat a favored and much better Va Tech team than NU lost to in Lincoln. Tech was ranked top 5 in the Orange Bowl and KU dominated early and held on to win. Their strength of schedule is better than UT's non conference this season and most seasons.

OK, no disrespect to the KU fans on this board, but beating a 7-6 oSu team, a 5-7 KSU team that got a fluke win against Texas and let '07 Nebraska hang 73 on is nothing to hang your hat on. Comparing the current SOS to Texas's is irrelevant. Furthermore, why is Texas the measuring stick? BTW, if you think KU's SOS was tougher than UT's in 07, then I would recommend you put down the crack pipe, and look again.

Also, I don't know if you were watching the same Orange Bowl as I was, because KU did not dominate Va Tech. It was a hard fought game that really could have gone either way give or take a few plays. I am not taking anything away from this win, because it was a very impressive victory, all I am saying is that stats can be deceiving, especially when you play a weak SOS.

:boxosoap

They won by 3 TDs in Austin, Texas!!! They won 2 years in a row, while putting up 40 points both times!!! UT was pointing to the game as a REVENGE game and even had VY there on ABC TV, kinda like they are setting the Tech game up for this year in Austin, but they got DESTROYED by a 5-7 team at home by 3 TDs!!! BTW, I'm a UT grad and not on live in the ATX, but was born and raised here!!! I NEVER believed the Mack Brown HYPE and still don't!!!

They may have had a good/fluke game and beat Texas, but did that make 2007 KSU a good team??. No, because it doesn't change the fact that they were a 5-7 and lost to Iowa St. Hell, Stanford went 4-8 in 2007, but beat USC in Pasadena, does that make Stanford a good team also?

Rkhufu, I know Bill Young is your boy, being an oSu fan and all, but I still think the defensive stats for KU in 2007 are misleading and you have yet to prove to me otherwise.

No one said KSU was good, they KICKED UT's butt in 2007 by 3 TDs in AUSTIN, which is a FACT!!! 12-1 and a BCS victory over a top 5 team is proof enough!!! When was the last time NU went 12-1 and won a BCS bowl? 1999?

Because Steele said so?

No, because it's a matter of fact.

No one said KSU was good, they KICKED UT's butt in 2007 by 3 TDs in AUSTIN, which is a FACT!!! 12-1 and a BCS victory over a top 5 team is proof enough!!! When was the last time NU went 12-1 and won a BCS bowl? 1999?

Because it'll be funny - Why, exactly, do you bring up Nebraska's recent lack of success? How in the world does that pertain to this discussion?

Kansas' defense split with Bill Young. They won't be beating any good teams w/o a defense.

Wasn't Young the DC in 2006? If you compare KU's defensive stats/rankings between 2006 and 2008, there isn't a remarkable difference. I'm not saying Young isn't a good DC, but I think rkhufu7 had a bit of a hidden agenda in his statement. Hint: rkhufu7 seems to talk a lot about Okie State... coincidence that Young is there now? I think not.

2006 young defense

2008 had 7-9 starters back and defense was HORRIBLE under new DC, since Young split to Miami.

They beat OSU, Va Tech, KSU team that beat UT in Austin by 3 TDs. 12-1 and a BCS bowl victory and they beat a favored and much better Va Tech team than NU lost to in Lincoln. Tech was ranked top 5 in the Orange Bowl and KU dominated early and held on to win. Their strength of schedule is better than UT's non conference this season and most seasons.

OK, no disrespect to the KU fans on this board, but beating a 7-6 oSu team, a 5-7 KSU team that got a fluke win against Texas and let '07 Nebraska hang 73 on is nothing to hang your hat on. Comparing the current SOS to Texas's is irrelevant. Furthermore, why is Texas the measuring stick? BTW, if you think KU's SOS was tougher than UT's in 07, then I would recommend you put down the crack pipe, and look again.

Also, I don't know if you were watching the same Orange Bowl as I was, because KU did not dominate Va Tech. It was a hard fought game that really could have gone either way give or take a few plays. I am not taking anything away from this win, because it was a very impressive victory, all I am saying is that stats can be deceiving, especially when you play a weak SOS.

They won by 3 TDs in Austin, Texas!!! They won 2 years in a row, while putting up 40 points both times!!! UT was pointing to the game as a REVENGE game and even had VY there on ABC TV, kinda like they are setting the Tech game up for this year in Austin, but they got DESTROYED by a 5-7 team at home by 3 TDs!!! BTW, I'm a UT grad and not on live in the ATX, but was born and raised here!!! I NEVER believed the Mack Brown HYPE and still don't!!!

Well, you did use KSU in attempt to justify KU's SOS in 2007, so I would say that you were implying KSU was good. 12-1 and a BCS victory is impressive, I am not arguing that. What I am arguing (make sure you pay close attention this time) is that the 2007 KU defense was not as good as the stats indicate, because they played a cupcake schedule. And as mentioned above how is NU's lack of recent success relevant to this conversation? It's not.

I think you should do us all a favor and quit with the Bill Young, and anything oSu weiner bumping, because it is extremely annoying.

:rant

2006 young defense

Well, you did use KSU in attempt to justify KU's SOS in 2007, so I would say that you were implying KSU was good. 12-1 and a BCS victory is impressive, I am not arguing that. What I am arguing (make sure you pay close attention this time) is that the 2007 KU defense was not as good as the stats indicate, because they played a cupcake schedule. And as mentioned above how is NU's lack of recent success relevant to this conversation? It's not.

I think you should do us all a favor and quit with the Bill Young, and anything oSu weiner bumping, because it is extremely annoying.

:rant

You need to admit that you are a fan of Mack Brown and his FRAUD program in Austin.

If you people don't stop quoting that mess of a post I'm going to do something awful. Like call you Buffs fans or something.

I'll do it. Don't push me.

My god. My head is killing me after reading all these quotes. I have to agree with Knapplc (pains me to say that) but this is getting ridiculous. However, I think the 2005 defense was KU's best (and it's not really even close). If they would of had ANY KIND OF OFFENSE that year, KU would have finished 2nd in the North. The 2005 Kansas offense was one of the worst Offenses I've seen, constantly putting their 2005 defense in bad positions. Even when Texas blew KU out that year, KU forced Texas to punt their first two attempts, but the offense was garbage and couldn't get a first down on their first two possessions. It was like this the entire year. KU beat Nebraska in Lawrence last year because of the defense. That offense still pisses me off. Thank god we have Warriner now.

If you people don't stop quoting that mess of a post I'm going to do something awful. Like call you Buffs fans or something.

I'll do it. Don't push me.

My god. My head is killing me after reading all these quotes. I have to agree with Knapplc (pains me to say that) but this is getting ridiculous. However, I think the 2005 defense was KU's best (and it's not really even close). If they would of had ANY KIND OF OFFENSE that year, KU would have finished 2nd in the North. The 2005 Kansas offense was one of the worst Offenses I've seen, constantly putting their 2005 defense in bad positions. Even when Texas blew KU out that year, KU forced Texas to punt their first two attempts, but the offense was garbage and couldn't get a first down on their first two possessions. It was like this the entire year. KU beat Nebraska in Lawrence THAT YEAR year (there, I fixed it) because of the defense. That offense still pisses me off. Thank god we have Warriner now.

KU beat Nebraska in Lawrence THAT YEAR year (there, I fixed it)

Not sure how this post got away from the title-but here goes nothing. Sounds like Briscoe will be eligible to play this year. The latest reports from Lawrence is that it's been taken care of. I envision Mangino, dressed in an all black suit, and sunglasses (CSI/Mofia style) telling this to Lew Perkins.

OK, time to go get a cold washcloth because my 8 month old daughter has nearly poked my eye out. I think she is a Husker fan and doesn't appreciate my Jayhawk Bias.

Not sure how this post got away from the title-but here goes nothing. Sounds like Briscoe will be eligible to play this year. The latest reports from Lawrence is that it's been taken care of. I envision Mangino, dressed in an all black suit, and sunglasses (CSI/Mofia style) telling this to Lew Perkins.

OK, time to go get a cold washcloth because my 8 month old daughter has nearly poked my eye out. I think she is a Husker fan and doesn't appreciate my Jayhawk Bias.

See, there is hope for the next generation :clap

Smart girl. Are you sure she's yours? :box

Congrats to the Jayhawks.