Nebraska - Oklahoma Game

I'd wait and see how we're doing early in the season if I were you... I'm thinking about coming to a game too and probably won't go to this one unless we're rolling. I'd hate to come all the way there to watch the same massacre as last year. But hopefully it'll turn out fine.

Come on guys.... Suck it up and get your as*es to Lincoln. If you are a true Husker fan you need to stand by your team no matter how the season goes. That's what 85,000+ Husker fans did last year when we were in town. I can't even count how many of you came over and thanked us for coming after the game. We even played pool with your fans at some pizza place long into the morning hours. If you're not willing to make the trip and fork up the money to see YOUR team just because you might lose, you might as well find another "hobby". I travel wherever the Hokies play and we see bandwagon fans both in the ACC and elsewhere. That is for sure not the impression I have of Husker fans. I'd rather see my team go through a "massacre" (as we did at LSU two years ago), than to miss a beat of Hokie-football. Your sell-out streak dating back 40 years (or something like that) is proof enough to me that you all are dedicated fans. Thinking back at the atmosphere in Lincoln still makes me smile, and I hope you all feel the same when you visit Lane on September 19. Do yourself a favor and make the trip. Classy fans, great team, and a great town. Hey, I don't see how you can go wrong! You may even beat the Sooners :)

Thanks Hokie...you'll find most of us on here always see the glass 'half full' but every team has 'Debbie Downers'. Note the poster has only commented 12 times...his/her indoctrination with Jen has not started yet.

I had a ball last year at the VT game and there were even some of your fans that stopped by our tailgate.

Here is to a great season to you too!

Yeah I'm a debbie downer because I don't want to drive 9 hours and pay 100 dollars for a ticket to a slaughter.. oh my bad I guess I'm not a huge fan like you because I don't post 555 times.. wow you sure showed me.. you know ever since I got on this board I've regretted it everyone has had some smartass or demeaning thing to say. Douche bag.

Thanks Hokie...you'll find most of us on here always see the glass 'half full' but every team has 'Debbie Downers'. Note the poster has only commented 12 times...his/her indoctrination with Jen has not started yet.

I had a ball last year at the VT game and there were even some of your fans that stopped by our tailgate.

Here is to a great season to you too!

Win or lose... Being a fan of a team with the history of the Huskers should be enough incentive to go to Lincoln. Be a part of tradition! Enjoying the joy of being a Hokie or Cornhusker has nothing to do with how your team does on one particular day in September or October. I know finances are tight and that making a road-trip is not something everyone can afford. BUT, if you can afford a trip to Memorial to watch the Huskers battle it out with the Big 12 champions I would strongly suggest that you do so. Memory for life for sure. Without mentioning names from my conference (Boston C, Miami...), there are programs with history that will never reach the Huskers to the knees when it comes to being proud. I think what makes the Huskers so unique (and why I check your board almost daily) is that you have been proud of your team even during times of struggle. My love for my team runs so deep that my ex wife would never understand ("why do you spend the student loans to travel to away games?"), but at the same time I understand your frustration when you witness a few years of bad coaching/management. For that reason alone I think you should make the trip to Lincoln, win or lose. You will find 85,000+ who are equally excited about football and the Huskers....

Yeah I'm a debbie downer because I don't want to drive 9 hours and pay 100 dollars for a ticket to a slaughter.. oh my bad I guess I'm not a huge fan like you because I don't post 555 times.. wow you sure showed me.. you know ever since I got on this board I've regretted it everyone has had some smartass or demeaning thing to say. Douche bag.

I'm sure you will be back when the Huskers contend for the conference title and a chance to play for a national championship! Nobody expects you to make it to Lincoln, but to expect your team to be slaughtered months in advance... that sucks. I'm by no stretch of the imagination a Big 12 expert, but I still remember when the Huskers dominated and OU lost to Tulsa and struggled to win 6 games.... Do yourself a favor, do like your fellow Huskers, see the glass half-full or find yourself a team that will be slaughtered. I think Duke needs so football fans, they have won 1 conference game EVER in the ACC and with your mentality you will probably be right every time you predict a game :)

Your warning level has been increased due to your personal attack.

A second violation will result in a suspension.

A third violation will result in a ban.

I'd wait and see how we're doing early in the season if I were you... I'm thinking about coming to a game too and probably won't go to this one unless we're rolling. I'd hate to come all the way there to watch the same massacre as last year. But hopefully it'll turn out fine.

lilred...I believe most of the responses are to show our support for attending a game that we may or may not win but go to show our spirit and to watch two storied programs on the field. I think it's pretty pathetic when a guest on this board, from another program no less, has to comment on negative attitudes expressed. But to each his own.

We all know that only a small fraction of our fan support is actually in the stadium on game day. There's typically impressive numbers for tv and radio also and now internet followers.

But for those that choose to only attend a game that we are going to win I did some research so they can circle their 2010 calendar: South Dakota State (Sept. 25)