Nebraska - Oklahoma Game

Trust me I'm not on the warpath here.. it's just aggravating when from your very first post you're called out as being a closet KSU fan here to bash and from then on to have your loyalty questioned. Trust me, I've been through some bad times (USC) and if I wasn't a fan I'd have sold my ticket or left, but I stayed the entire game.

And yes, I wouldn't want a slaughter the other way around either, which is why I'm not coming to the 300th sellout although I'd love to. For the time and money I'd rather see a close game in a good month for driving across I-80, thus I'm thinking TTU.

I've never tried to be pessimistic, I would rather have a positive outlook, but sometimes I just have to be a realist about things as much as it pains me.

GBR.

Maybe it's because most of us here are guys...And most guys distrust cats.

But as devastating as losses are..it never occurred to me to not watch us lose.

Trust me I'm not on the warpath here.. it's just aggravating when from your very first post you're called out as being a closet KSU fan here to bash and from then on to have your loyalty questioned. Trust me, I've been through some bad times (USC) and if I wasn't a fan I'd have sold my ticket or left, but I stayed the entire game.

And yes, I wouldn't want a slaughter the other way around either, which is why I'm not coming to the 300th sellout although I'd love to. For the time and money I'd rather see a close game in a good month for driving across I-80, thus I'm thinking TTU.

I've never tried to be pessimistic, I would rather have a positive outlook, but sometimes I just have to be a realist about things as much as it pains me.

GBR.

I understand what you're saying Chesire, I would love to go to every game this season, but with new twin boys here it's just not possible. This happens every off-season around here, the kool-aid drinkers and the realists start to battle about this time. What am I you ask? A kool-aid drinker, but it's the off-season and damnit we're going to win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! :lol:

BigRedIowan... I really hope you're right, that'd be great.

And I don't necessarily, I think people are putting words in my mouth.. I just said I would hate to drive all that way to see the same thing as last year, that's all. And who wouldn't? I think we'll do much better than last year (hard not to) and there's always a chance for an upset, but personally I don't have great expectations until 2010. I'd love to be proven wrong though. OU isn't unbeatable but they are a very good team and it will be a tough match.

But yes I think Pelini will have a better game plan and there's no way we'll turn it over like we did last year, so good things may happen. I wouldn't be even that disappointed with a loss as long as it's close and we don't get blown out. But let's hope for the best.

BigRedIowan... I really hope you're right, that'd be great.

And I don't necessarily, I think people are putting words in my mouth.. I just said I would hate to drive all that way to see the same thing as last year, that's all. And who wouldn't? I think we'll do much better than last year (hard not to) and there's always a chance for an upset, but personally I don't have great expectations until 2010. I'd love to be proven wrong though. OU isn't unbeatable but they are a very good team and it will be a tough match.

But yes I think Pelini will have a better game plan and there's no way we'll turn it over like we did last year, so good things may happen. I wouldn't be even that disappointed with a loss as long as it's close and we don't get blown out. But let's hope for the best.

Got ya.

Point taken.

I agree with TheCat's premise as well. If i had to pick only one game to go to, I would obviously want to pick the game that would be the most fun to attend. That's just common sense.

And ridiculing him/her because they aren't a "glass half full" person really isn't fair. If any of you think Nebraska WILL go 14-0 and win the NC then you probably are a moron. There's probably less than 5 fanbases that can actually say that in the preseason and be pretty close to being correct. I certainly believe that Nebraska CAN go 14-0 and win the NC this year, because I think our team is good enough that every game is winnable. However, statistically, the chances of every single game being a win is just too far of a stretch for it to actually happen, albeit the possibility still remains.

So, basically, I think I agree with everyone. :)

I agree with TheCat's premise as well. If i had to pick only one game to go to, I would obviously want to pick the game that would be the most fun to attend. That's just common sense.

And ridiculing him/her because they aren't a "glass half full" person really isn't fair. If any of you think Nebraska WILL go 14-0 and win the NC then you probably are a moron. There's probably less than 5 fanbases that can actually say that in the preseason and be pretty close to being correct. I certainly believe that Nebraska CAN go 14-0 and win the NC this year, because I think our team is good enough that every game is winnable. However, statistically, the chances of every single game being a win is just too far of a stretch for it to actually happen, albeit the possibility still remains.

So, basically, I think I agree with everyone. :)

Way to cover all your bases! :clap

But looking back to last year..What would've been the most fun game to go to? (Even though they aren't really our "rival").

I've been present for losses...I've seen them on TV...I think I've even listened to a few on the radio.

THey all hurt like Hellll..whether you go or not.

I guess I'd just want to be there in person sos I can help support my team when they need me the most.

And imagine if we did pull off the upset and you stayed home...ouch!

I agree. The risk of possibly watching Nebraska get blownout (see: USC 2007) would be worth it to me for the possibility of being there in case they did win (see opposite of: USC 2007). If i could go to one game this year it would be Oklahoma because the reward outweighs the risk, for me.

But, who are we kidding: We'll always be able to find fun at a Husker football game, no matter what.

Oh if we upset OU and I'm not there I'll regret it forever.. but also I might bring some friends down with me and I don't want them to witness us getting destroyed. That happened last year. I had my g/f come down for the Mizzou game, and we all know how that turned out.

Either way I'll be watching every game, and since I've never been to a bowl game I'll probably go this year. I'm really looking forward to 2010 though, I think at the very least we can get to a BCS bowl. But I feel like the best home game will be TTU. Perfect time of the year in Lincoln, great weather, and what looks to be a close game with us in favor.

I'd wait and see how we're doing early in the season if I were you... I'm thinking about coming to a game too and probably won't go to this one unless we're rolling. I'd hate to come all the way there to watch the same massacre as last year. But hopefully it'll turn out fine.

stay home and watch it on the tube.

won't be a massacre. But won't be pretty either.

I'd wait and see how we're doing early in the season if I were you... I'm thinking about coming to a game too and probably won't go to this one unless we're rolling. I'd hate to come all the way there to watch the same massacre as last year. But hopefully it'll turn out fine.

stay home and watch it on the tube.

won't be a massacre. But won't be pretty either.

Because the seasons started already and the game is tomorrow.. We know whats going to happen? This IS football afterall.. Injuries happen.. Hell, OU could lose Bradford for all we know... Gresham could break a leg, hell, Herian did.. Things happen.. Nobody knows what is going to happen.. Point of this thread is supporting your team would mean going at all opportunities.. NOW, if you have the money to go to one game and want to see a win, OU isn't probably the one game you circle to go to.. If you want to go to a game that will have the best atmosphere, OU is the game you go to.

Because the seasons started already and the game is tomorrow.. We know whats going to happen? This IS football afterall.. Injuries happen.. Hell, OU could lose Bradford for all we know... Gresham could break a leg, hell, Herian did.. Things happen.. Nobody knows what is going to happen.. Point of this thread is supporting your team would mean going at all opportunities.. NOW, if you have the money to go to one game and want to see a win, OU isn't probably the one game you circle to go to.. If you want to go to a game that will have the best atmosphere, OU is the game you go to.

Well said.