Nebraska - Oklahoma Game

Yeah I'm a debbie downer because I don't want to drive 9 hours and pay 100 dollars for a ticket to a slaughter.. oh my bad I guess I'm not a huge fan like you because I don't post 555 times.. wow you sure showed me.. you know :boxosoapever since I got on this board I've regretted it everyone has had some smartass or demeaning thing to say. Douche bag.

Door swings both ways. In and Out.

Yeah I'm a debbie downer because I don't want to drive 9 hours and pay 100 dollars for a ticket to a slaughter.. oh my bad I guess I'm not a huge fan like you because I don't post 555 times.. wow you sure showed me.. you know :boxosoapever since I got on this board I've regretted it everyone has had some smartass or demeaning thing to say. Douche bag.

Door swings both ways. In and Out.

I don't care if you make it to a game or not. See the glass as half full. As a Huskers fan I would be optimistic as hell. The argument was that you wouldn't make it to Memorial as they expected a massacre.... I think you will lose at Lane, but NU is one hell of a team and I would trade anything in the world to be a husker fan. I am Hokie fan and I will remain one 4 the rest of my life. But I can respect the Huskers 4 all that you are. I just get frustrated to see fans that expect a massacre. Until the game is played, NU is the team to beat in the Big 12.

I can't remember the last time we won a game I attended...Probably when I was a student.

My very 1st game when I was in Highschool...We were undefeated Tom had finally beat Oklahoma for the first time in his 7? years at the helm...but lost to Missery in sleet and sub-zero weather.

College was a blur..But I seem to remember the losses the most..Penn State..Florida State..The last minute come from behind losses to OU..

Then..After moving out here, I went back to Lincoln to see us lose a close one to Washington durring their MNC year..

I was too afraid to go to our Fiesta Bowl game with the Gators, so I just tailgated, then circled the stadium with my Siberian Husky for awhile..Then sped home to catch the rest of it on the tube..

THen there was the game out here with ASU...I wasn't going to go..I was still a little superstitious..But my Brother had an extra ticket so I went...0-19

Hey~

At least the glass (stadium) is always full.

Its easier for me to go to the game then someone else because i live in iowa just a few hours away. But if theres a game you should try to go to its this one. To play oklahoma, our old rivalry at home is something we dont get to do every year. Still not saying we have a great chance of winning, but just being there and being with these 2 storied teams will be truly fun. IF i can swing it im gonna bring my sooner buddy from work. We both wont have money to see the game in the stadium but to be there woudl be great. Just makein sure id have a warm welcome from some of my buddies on here.

I must have stepped into some close-knit cult who hates outsiders.. I can't say anything remotely against the We're-going-14-and-0 next year mentality or I'm branded a traitor.

"Until the game is played, NU is the team to beat in the Big 12."... Um, sorry, but no its not as much as I'd like it to be.. there's a difference between optimism and realism.

"Duke needs so football fans, they have won 1 conference game EVER in the ACC and with your mentality you will probably be right every time you predict a game..." Wow. Was that an attempt at humor or...? I'm a Nebraska fan through and through, 4th generation, sorry I would rather spend my time and money on what I figure will be a closer and more entertaining game.

"Door swings both ways. In and Out." Yeah, thanks, I know which way a door swings. Nice attempt at being deep with a great metaphor.

"I'd rather see my team go through a "massacre" (as we did at LSU two years ago), than to miss a beat of Hokie-football." Maybe you missed the part where I said I'd have to drive 9 hours. Surely even you can understand that if I could be at every game I would (and have over the last 4 years). That's no longer possible, so I have to pick and choose. Starting to see?

By the way, before you start yelling and shouting about this last post - remember, I was just fine until I was pushed into a corner. I also said "I'd hate to go if it was a massacre again" not that we WOULD be. Would you like to go if it was a massacre? Didn't think so. Thanks to lilred for not being a smartass and actually understanding what I'm saying.

I must have stepped into some close-knit cult who hates outsiders.. I can't say anything remotely against the We're-going-14-and-0 next year mentality or I'm branded a traitor.

"Until the game is played, NU is the team to beat in the Big 12."... Um, sorry, but no its not as much as I'd like it to be.. there's a difference between optimism and realism.

"Duke needs so football fans, they have won 1 conference game EVER in the ACC and with your mentality you will probably be right every time you predict a game..." Wow. Was that an attempt at humor or...? I'm a Nebraska fan through and through, 4th generation, sorry I would rather spend my time and money on what I figure will be a closer and more entertaining game.

"Door swings both ways. In and Out." Yeah, thanks, I know which way a door swings. Nice attempt at being deep with a great metaphor.

"I'd rather see my team go through a "massacre" (as we did at LSU two years ago), than to miss a beat of Hokie-football." Maybe you missed the part where I said I'd have to drive 9 hours. Surely even you can understand that if I could be at every game I would (and have over the last 4 years). That's no longer possible, so I have to pick and choose. Starting to see?

By the way, before you start yelling and shouting about this last post - remember, I was just fine until I was pushed into a corner. I also said "I'd hate to go if it was a massacre again" not that we WOULD be. Would you like to go if it was a massacre? Didn't think so. Thanks to lilred for not being a smartass and actually understanding what I'm saying.

Dude......... Relax

Are you bipolar by chance?

Just curious.

I have never been to a nebraska game but i think this one is worth it just to be in lincoln. I have a feeling it will be magical. Anyone planning on tailgateing and watching the game from the parkinglot. I might be in for that.

I would go and enjoy the atmosphere just because of the storied history between these two teams. Win or lose, it should be a great game. :cheers

Yeah I'm a debbie downer because I don't want to drive 9 hours and pay 100 dollars for a ticket to a slaughter.. oh my bad I guess I'm not a huge fan like you because I don't post 555 times.. wow you sure showed me.. you know ever since I got on this board I've regretted it everyone has had some smartass or demeaning thing to say. Douche bag.

I hope you continue with the board. I welcome all viewpoints (its America) though realize that others have the same right to voice their opinions (even Jawhawk and Fro Daddy). See even I can't avoid the smartass, but I try to avoid demeaning. I have felt confronted a couple of times on the board, but that is the nature of a message board.

I am a die hard Husker fan and never miss (listening/watching) a game, though its been a while since I have gone to a game. That being said, if I had a rare chance to attend a game, I would want to avoid a slaughter - both ways. I wouldn't want to go to La-La this year, but TTech might be very entertaining.

Certainly, if I could I would attend ALL Husker games, home away conference title bowl and dare I say NC

I'd wait and see how we're doing early in the season if I were you... I'm thinking about coming to a game too and probably won't go to this one unless we're rolling. I'd hate to come all the way there to watch the same massacre as last year. But hopefully it'll turn out fine.

Come on guys.... Suck it up and get your as*es to Lincoln. If you are a true Husker fan you need to stand by your team no matter how the season goes. That's what 85,000+ Husker fans did last year when we were in town. I can't even count how many of you came over and thanked us for coming after the game. We even played pool with your fans at some pizza place long into the morning hours. If you're not willing to make the trip and fork up the money to see YOUR team just because you might lose, you might as well find another "hobby". I travel wherever the Hokies play and we see bandwagon fans both in the ACC and elsewhere. That is for sure not the impression I have of Husker fans. I'd rather see my team go through a "massacre" (as we did at LSU two years ago), than to miss a beat of Hokie-football. Your sell-out streak dating back 40 years (or something like that) is proof enough to me that you all are dedicated fans. Thinking back at the atmosphere in Lincoln still makes me smile, and I hope you all feel the same when you visit Lane on September 19. Do yourself a favor and make the trip. Classy fans, great team, and a great town. Hey, I don't see how you can go wrong! You may even beat the Sooners :)

:yeah

Well stated! :clap

Once I graduate from school, get a better job and get back on my feet financially...

I would like to go to this game, but I figured out long ago that I am bad luck at the game. The last one I went to was the Big XII championship against Oklahoma and I can't go to anymore. I have figured out that I am better off to the team if I don't go. I also would love to wear red, but my lucky shirt is green. Many times last season I started with red and had to switch to green and then bam...we turned it on. It sucks, but I would gladly take one for the team and not go if I am bad luck.

I get what your saying too. I live for my Huskers, but I simply never get the chance to go to a game. When I do, I'd like it to be a good memory. I think alot of tempers need to be held in check here, we're all fans. That shouldn't be defined by # of posts or games attended but by how it hurts when you lose and how great it feels when you win and how either way, you know you'll be back again.

Hang in there bro, you'll be fine.

Ill be there decked out in my red, I'll also be making the trip to Va Tech just because I've never been and I hear they have some pretty good tradition...hopefully their fans are as classy as ours. Tech should be pretty darn good this year so hopefully we can do to them what they did to us in our stadium.

Ill be there decked out in my red, I'll also be making the trip to Va Tech just because I've never been and I hear they have some pretty good tradition...hopefully their fans are as classy as ours. Tech should be pretty darn good this year so hopefully we can do to them what they did to us in our stadium.

Not sure we can compete with you all when it comes to being classy, but we will do our best to be good hosts. Looking forward to having you in Blacksburg.

Trust me I'm not on the warpath here.. it's just aggravating when from your very first post you're called out as being a closet KSU fan here to bash and from then on to have your loyalty questioned. Trust me, I've been through some bad times (USC) and if I wasn't a fan I'd have sold my ticket or left, but I stayed the entire game.

And yes, I wouldn't want a slaughter the other way around either, which is why I'm not coming to the 300th sellout although I'd love to. For the time and money I'd rather see a close game in a good month for driving across I-80, thus I'm thinking TTU.

I've never tried to be pessimistic, I would rather have a positive outlook, but sometimes I just have to be a realist about things as much as it pains me.

GBR.