Shawn Watson on Zac Lee

I honestly don't understand why everyone has been so worried about Zac Lee starting at QB. I've been looking forward to this guy starting for 2 years now, and have no doubts that he has all the tools he'll need to be successful at NU.

There are some obvious holes that need filled on offense. And the young guys will need to pull together quickly to prove they can pick up the slack for the departed seniors. But I honestly don't think Zac Lee will be the weak link in that process.

In fact, I think Husker fans will be pleasantly surprised by the numbers Lee puts up this year. Who knows, with his added speed and scrambling ability, he may even approach Ganz's record 3,826 total yds in a season.

Once he gets a couple games under his belt he'll do just fine. With the backfield we have returning that will definately help him out alot. My biggest question for next season is the receivers, the offensive line is a little questionable, but I think they will do just fine given their depth.

Once he gets a couple games under his belt he'll do just fine. With the backfield we have returning that will definately help him out alot. My biggest question for next season is the receivers, the offensive line is a little questionable, but I think they will do just fine given their depth.

B Kinnie will be in the mix. Paul has experience and has shown flashes. Holt has experience. Bell and Cooper provide depth. I think folks will be very surprised at the depth and skill of our receivers.

B Kinnie will be in the mix. Paul has experience and has shown flashes. Holt has experience. Bell and Cooper provide depth. I think folks will be very surprised at the depth and skill of our receivers.

:yeah

I honestly don't understand why everyone has been so worried about Zac Lee starting at QB. I've been looking forward to this guy starting for 2 years now, and have no doubts that he has all the tools he'll need to be successful at NU.

There are some obvious holes that need filled on offense. And the young guys will need to pull together quickly to prove they can pick up the slack for the departed seniors. But I honestly don't think Zac Lee will be the weak link in that process.

In fact, I think Husker fans will be pleasantly surprised by the numbers Lee puts up this year. Who knows, with his added speed and scrambling ability, he may even approach Ganz's record 3,826 total yds in a season.

He will do just fine.

I would be more worried about the WR corps. There are three WRs that - in my opinion - have not lived up to their hype. Hopefully they can create that necessary link with Lee and break through this season.

:yeah

People are comparing Kinnie to a Mo Purify type with more speed than Mo.

Back to Lee, once again I really think people are going to be very happy with what Lee brings. hes a legit 4.5 guy with a cannon who has grown up and taken a leadership role on this offense.

Remember he is just a junior so he gives Green or whom ever a bit of time to get ready.