Curtis Carter

Haha, ok huskerjen, you've never got excited about a recruit ever. What are you doing on a husker recruiting forum again? We get a two star player and you're happy (not excited), we get a five star player and you're happy (not excited) no more happier about one than the other bc it doesn't matter. It almost seems that you don't understand how important recruiting is. The bottom line is if you get the best athletes you win. Of course other things go into it like coaching, chemistry, weight training, player development etc. However, it's a lot easier to develop a four or five star than it is a two star on average. I suppose you'd be just fine with an Dan Erickson clone instead of Curtis Carter, bc after all you trust the coaches right?

I know this is an incredibly difficult concept to understand but give it a try...

Recruiting, who commits to the Huskers and who eventually signs with the Huskers is COMPLETELY out of our, meaning fans, control. So why waste time and energy worrying about things which are beyond your control? Holy crap how much more clearly can I explain this? Do I need to draw it out in crayon for you?

Maybe answer my question in crayon. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON A HUSKER RECRUITING WEB SITE IF IT IS OUT OF OUR AS IN FANS CONTROL? It would need to be in crayon bc it seems pretty elementary to me. You have no control over something and seem uninterested yet you post your opinion on every thread, hmmm.

By that logic Jen you shouldn't care about the games either, unless I'm missing something and you play for the Huskers. You have no more control over how the team does than who signs with us. Huskers1 is right - if you aren't going to get excited or even care about recruits, this is probably the wrong thread for you.

By that logic Jen you shouldn't care about the games either, unless I'm missing something and you play for the Huskers. You have no more control over how the team does than who signs with us. Huskers1 is right - if you aren't going to get excited or even care about recruits, this is probably the wrong thread for you.

I care about recruits, and I get excited about their potential, AFTER they've signed the LOI? Why is this such a hard concept for you guys to understand?

Furthermore, there's a difference between following what's going on and getting all pumped up over a recruit who we're not even sure if he'll wear the Scarlet and Cream.

Maybe answer my question in crayon. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON A HUSKER RECRUITING WEB SITE IF IT IS OUT OF OUR AS IN FANS CONTROL? It would need to be in crayon bc it seems pretty elementary to me. You have no control over something and seem uninterested yet you post your opinion on every thread, hmmm.

Every thread? Now you're being silly.

I've never understood the fervor some people have when following recruiting. Furthermore, I simply do not understand how supposedly grown men can get so excited about a potential recruit. I just don't understand.

Answer me this Jen, I've never understood why a poster that doesn't have any interest in the subject, regardless of BBS, still feels it to be necessary to post comments??? Simple, if you have no interest in a thread topic, why even open the thread up or go there??

Leg me guess, put 2 + 2 together, you require a TON of attention in real life?? Just like this thread, it's about the recruiting aspects of an NU wr recruit yet somehow you twist it to revolve around YOU!! Oye ve.........

Now back to NU recruiting.

Tell you what - let's let everyone have their opinion. HuskerJen has stated her position - some agree, some disagree. In the end, it doesn't matter - everyone is free to read or post in here.

Put another way - no one is going to change anyone else's mind, so let's drop the "Why are you here" bit and just accept that's the way HuskerJen feels.

I agree she's entitled to her opinion as we all are, but I don't understand the "don't worry about something you can't control" aspect. That's all football is unless you're a coach or player. I can't control what NU does on Saturdays but I still care a lot about it. I understand not getting too emotional over a recruit because they do change their minds often, but I think we still need to be excited about the prospect of having them and understand the importance of putting effort into getting them.

Haha, ok huskerjen, you've never got excited about a recruit ever. What are you doing on a husker recruiting forum again? We get a two star player and you're happy (not excited), we get a five star player and you're happy (not excited) no more happier about one than the other bc it doesn't matter. It almost seems that you don't understand how important recruiting is. The bottom line is if you get the best athletes you win. Of course other things go into it like coaching, chemistry, weight training, player development etc. However, it's a lot easier to develop a four or five star than it is a two star on average. I suppose you'd be just fine with an Dan Erickson clone instead of Curtis Carter, bc after all you trust the coaches right?

I know this is an incredibly difficult concept to understand but give it a try...

Recruiting, who commits to the Huskers and who eventually signs with the Huskers is COMPLETELY out of our, meaning fans, control. So why waste time and energy worrying about things which are beyond your control? Holy crap how much more clearly can I explain this? Do I need to draw it out in crayon for you?

Jen, I don't post on here alot mostly just read the articles and don't get to fired up about recruits myself. I think though how people can be so passionate about it is it's about being part of something bigger than yourself. Something thats completely out of your control that you can fall in love with. I agree with you it is out of our control but why not get up and down about recruits, I guess put it this way, I myself am a huuuuge boston redsox fan...right now they are in a slump I mean a bad one but I still follow them closely see who they trade what they are doing and watch every game I can. I get mad and happy with these things and I know I have no say in what happens but I just love the game. I guess thats my best way to explain how I feel about baseball. I am a diehard nebraska fan and love the game but I agree with you theres no need to get fired up about recruiting again though I can understand why people do :)

Curtis Carter, do you want him as bad as I do?

No....not really.

I mean it would be great if he signs with Nebraska because he does have some great highlight film.

... :dunno

No matter how good a kid is...

I just cannot bring myself to say "I want him bad".

'specially after my Ex had the same last name and growing up, her brother was best friends with Ki-Jana Carter (yeah that one) who until a couple of moments ago.. I thought was Chris Carter which is why I opened this thread.

Homophobia rules! :dumdum

Regarding huskerswrkhavoc's statement, HuskerJen I think it seems like that bc you have such a "I don't care" attitude toward highly regarded players. You have said many times that you "trust the coaches" even when we miss on our top ten targets and get a middle of the pack three star. Even now when we are number one for a guy as talented as Carter you say "I won't get excited until he signs the dotted line". It does almost seem like at one point you got your hopes wayyy up and got burned, possibly by the whole freeman disaster. Either that or you were one of the fans who got caught up in the stars of the 05' and 07' classes and nothing came out of it and now you are so against "stars" that you don't care whether we get a 2 star or 5 star. I've brought this up many times, people got burned by the recruiting hype that Callahans years brought. We were a slow team with not many game changers on either side of the ball. Now people think that stars don't matter and a 3 star is the same as a 5 star. It had everything to do with weight training, coaching development, and players actually being pushed and held accountable.

The part in green...

Why do people keep saying this? :bang

I openly challenged huskerswrkhavoc, and I'm extending the challenge to you,

....to search this site or bighuskerfan.com, (I'm Husker94 over there) and find any thread where I've "been excited" about ANY commit. Go ahead and search I highly encourage you to do so...you know why, because you won't find anything even remotely close to what you're saying.

I've never understood the fervor some people have when following recruiting. Furthermore, I simply do not understand how supposedly grown men can get so excited about a potential recruit. I just don't understand.

Sorry, Jen..I tend to agree with your position on recruiting..in fact..I've only ventured over to this section about half a dozen times...But I just can't resist a challenge..

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=434017

===========================

Been reported that Mizzou commit Marquise Hill has stated he will take an official visit to nebraska and is still a Mizzou commit but probably now considered a very soft verbal. Marquise said, "I really want to go to a Big 12 North school, and I want to go to the best one. I thought Missouri was gonna be the top, but now with Bo Pelini at Nebraska I think they will soon be the best in the North and Big 12 champs. I want to play for the best team, and I feel Nebraska will be that team."

Just Kidding. Thought it would be fun to see Fro's reaction. :)

:boxosoap

Okay, I have no problem with tormenting fans from other teams...but could you please not make SH** up?!

Because as I read that I was getting excited...and then I find out you made it up... :nutz

:rant

LOL :laughpound I just saw this. I think it bothered eveyone else more than me. I actually laughed imagining everyone getting excited then seeing the bottom. I can only imagine the words that came from Jen's mouth. I think i felt my ears burning from the profanity! LOL (love ya Jen!!)

He has been soft for a while. Everything I see says I want to check out schools, but still really like MU. But then again when reading a MU site or any school really, your going to get your side of the story. So who really knows. I would say MU or Arkansas. BUt what do I know :)

Don't ask me how I know this...but...

You should NEVER get a woman excited, and then go soft. <_<

Haha.. he got you. Owned.

Pwned?

Now don't go rubbing it in Chesapeake..If you've been around wimmen as much as I have..you can pretty much tell when they're faking...In retrospect..I bet she was using the word, "Excited" for shock value..and not how she really felt..I could be wrong.