Curtis Carter

For those of you without rivals accounts, this guy seems pretty sold on NU. Seems the staff has shown they care for him and want him long before he owned at the camps, so with any luck this kid will be N.

What I'm most happy about goes beyond this - if we can spot potential gamebreakers like this long before they gain popularity with schools like LSU and OU, we'll have better recruiting classes and good talent. I'm happy with whoever spotted this kid and nurtured the relationship from the beginning. Good signs.

For those of you without rivals accounts, this guy seems pretty sold on NU. Seems the staff has shown they care for him and want him long before he owned at the camps, so with any luck this kid will be N.

What I'm most happy about goes beyond this - if we can spot potential gamebreakers like this long before they gain popularity with schools like LSU and OU, we'll have better recruiting classes and good talent. I'm happy with whoever spotted this kid and nurtured the relationship from the beginning. Good signs.

We saw them do this with Randle last year also.

Regarding huskerswrkhavoc's statement, HuskerJen I think it seems like that bc you have such a "I don't care" attitude toward highly regarded players. You have said many times that you "trust the coaches" even when we miss on our top ten targets and get a middle of the pack three star. Even now when we are number one for a guy as talented as Carter you say "I won't get excited until he signs the dotted line". It does almost seem like at one point you got your hopes wayyy up and got burned, possibly by the whole freeman disaster. Either that or you were one of the fans who got caught up in the stars of the 05' and 07' classes and nothing came out of it and now you are so against "stars" that you don't care whether we get a 2 star or 5 star. I've brought this up many times, people got burned by the recruiting hype that Callahans years brought. We were a slow team with not many game changers on either side of the ball. Now people think that stars don't matter and a 3 star is the same as a 5 star. It had everything to do with weight training, coaching development, and players actually being pushed and held accountable.

Regarding huskerswrkhavoc's statement, HuskerJen I think it seems like that bc you have such a "I don't care" attitude toward highly regarded players. You have said many times that you "trust the coaches" even when we miss on our top ten targets and get a middle of the pack three star. Even now when we are number one for a guy as talented as Carter you say "I won't get excited until he signs the dotted line". It does almost seem like at one point you got your hopes wayyy up and got burned, possibly by the whole freeman disaster. Either that or you were one of the fans who got caught up in the stars of the 05' and 07' classes and nothing came out of it and now you are so against "stars" that you don't care whether we get a 2 star or 5 star. I've brought this up many times, people got burned by the recruiting hype that Callahans years brought. We were a slow team with not many game changers on either side of the ball. Now people think that stars don't matter and a 3 star is the same as a 5 star. It had everything to do with weight training, coaching development, and players actually being pushed and held accountable.

The part in green...

Why do people keep saying this? :bang

I openly challenged huskerswrkhavoc, and I'm extending the challenge to you, to search this site or bighuskerfan.com, (I'm Husker94 over there) and find any thread where I've "been excited" about ANY commit. Go ahead and search I highly encourage you to do so...you know why, because you won't find anything even remotely close to what you're saying.

I've never understood the fervor some people have when following recruiting. Furthermore, I simply do not understand how supposedly grown men can get so excited about a potential recruit. I just don't understand.

Haha, ok huskerjen, you've never got excited about a recruit ever. What are you doing on a husker recruiting forum again? We get a two star player and you're happy (not excited), we get a five star player and you're happy (not excited) no more happier about one than the other bc it doesn't matter. It almost seems that you don't understand how important recruiting is. The bottom line is if you get the best athletes you win. Of course other things go into it like coaching, chemistry, weight training, player development etc. However, it's a lot easier to develop a four or five star than it is a two star on average. I suppose you'd be just fine with an Dan Erickson clone instead of Curtis Carter, bc after all you trust the coaches right?