Curtis Carter

This dude runs a 4.37 forty and just jumped from 3 to 4 stars after great camp performances. He's small but has incredible speed, just the kind of guy I think we need to start getting. NU is his favorite and luckily LSU did not offer him (he's from LA). Our only competition as I see it is Alabama, but he loves the fact that NU has put so much into recruiting him. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

There is a difference between forty time and football speed, but as a homer I'll just assume he's faster than greased lightning and say, yeah, I hope we land him. But football is a team sport. We'll need a lot of speed in order to take a place at the champion's table once again.

Curtis Carter, do you want him as bad as I do?

No....not really.

I mean it would be great if he signs with Nebraska because he does have some great highlight film.

Then again, practically every kid who signs with a major D1-A program has insane awesome highlight film. That's why they're on the receiving end of a college scholarship.

:dunno

Curtis Carter, do you want him as bad as I do?

No....not really.

I mean it would be great if he signs with Nebraska because he does have some great highlight film.

Then again, practically every kid who signs with a major D1-A program has insane awesome highlight film. That's why they're on the receiving end of a college scholarship.

:dunno

Yea.... Insane highlight film has everything to do with it... Ya know, the speed has nothing..

YES, we NEED a potential gamebreaker like him.. Now if it's not him and someone else, okay.. But yes, we want him.. Too much speed to not want... If I remember right Jen had an argument with people in his topic about how we don't need him and I'm sure that her comment stems from that same discussion....

Yea.... Insane highlight film has everything to do with it... Ya know, the speed has nothing..

YES, we NEED a potential gamebreaker like him.. Now if it's not him and someone else, okay.. But yes, we want him.. Too much speed to not want... If I remember right Jen had an argument with people in his topic about how we don't need him and I'm sure that her comment stems from that same discussion....

Your implication that I've changed my mind on this subject is completely false.

My stance was, and always has been...I only care about the kids who sign their LOI and agree to come to Nebraska.

It makes me wonder what the hell is mentally wrong with some of my fellow Nebraska fans when they get angry because some 17 year old kid changed his mind at the 11th hour, to wit Josh Freeman and Blaine Gabbert.

Bottom line: Pinning your hopes on the whims of a 17 year old kid is just flat out dumb.

My stance was, and always has been...I only care about the kids who sign their LOI and agree to come to Nebraska.

It makes me wonder what the hell is mentally wrong with some of my fellow Nebraska fans when they get angry because some 17 year old kid changed his mind at the 11th hour, to wit Josh Freeman and Blaine Gabbert.

Bottom line: Pinning your hopes on the whims of a 17 year old kid is just flat out dumb.

*Ahem*

In my younger days I pinned an outrageous amount of hope on the prospect of a 17 year old NOT changing her mind.

You're right.

That was wrong.

I apologize. Lord, that was awful.

And for everyone's reading pleasure I give you a dancing banana cob.

:corndance

I don't think anyone is "pinning their hopes" on this kid. It's not like we're going to cry into our pillows in the dark bitterness of the night if he chooses OU or Alabama over us. I don't think he alone will be the savior of the team, but he'd be a real good player to have if you ask me.

There's nothing wrong with wanting some guys to sign N badly. What do you think the coaches are doing? We need good players, plain and simple. And yes, highlight film doesn't mean everything, but from the rivals reports this kid is tearing up the camps and is drawing more and more attention, and more likely than not he's good. And I want him N.

I've been saying for weeks that Curtis Carter would be the biggest get that we have a legitimate shot at landing.

Antonio Bell, Keeston Terry, Curtis Carter.

Maurice Purify, Nate Swift, Todd Peterson.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nate Swift and appreciate everything he did for the program during his 4 years, but come on. The WR's would actually scare people and would possess an actual deep threat.

Despite what some are saying on this board, I'm really a big fan of how our recruiting has gone for this 2010 class thus far.

I've never said you've changed your mind on this topic. I said that you're response and how harsh you are on the topic comes from the fact that you had quite a long discussion over this same topic in Carter's recruiting thread. Read the post and don't put words in my mouth.

Nobody in this thread is pinning their hopes on the "whims" of a 17 year old man. We are saying that the guy has the makings of a gamebreaker that we do not have here at NU and simply, NEED to have. That is what is being said. If you don't want to follow it, don't. Just stay away from the recruiting section of the forum.. Nobody really blamed Gabbert for leaving.. When the guy you are comfortable with at a University leaves you are going to have recruits leave.. That isn't a surprise.. Freeman was more of the 1st big name that told us no which was harder for some to believe at the time. Your attitude towards recruiting makes it seem like you were one of those that pinned the hopes of husker nation on Freeman, only to be burned when he dropped ship for Prince and KSU... I understand being gun shy, but denying that we need this kind of player is ludicrous.

I've never said you've changed your mind on this topic. I said that you're response and how harsh you are on the topic comes from the fact that you had quite a long discussion over this same topic in Carter's recruiting thread. Read the post and don't put words in my mouth.

Nobody in this thread is pinning their hopes on the "whims" of a 17 year old man. We are saying that the guy has the makings of a gamebreaker that we do not have here at NU and simply, NEED to have. That is what is being said. If you don't want to follow it, don't. Just stay away from the recruiting section of the forum.. Nobody really blamed Gabbert for leaving.. When the guy you are comfortable with at a University leaves you are going to have recruits leave.. That isn't a surprise.. Freeman was more of the 1st big name that told us no which was harder for some to believe at the time. Your attitude towards recruiting makes it seem like you were one of those that pinned the hopes of husker nation on Freeman, only to be burned when he dropped ship for Prince and KSU... I understand being gun shy, but denying that we need this kind of player is ludicrous.

I really don't mean to come off sounding harsh.

To the part in red...I agree he has the "gamebreaker" vibe. I've never questioned his potential, talent, speed or play-making abilities. I'm just not going to waste my time getting all pumped up and excited about this kid until AFTER he signs with us.

To the part in green...if you can find any post from this site, or bighuskerfan.com (I'm Husker94 over there), to substantiate your claim...post it here and provide all appropriate url links.